So, no anniversary LRs or Double Iso? Dev Update

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoic wrote:
    Don't worry guys--I am sure they will realize their mistake and extend goodwill...by waiting until Friday morning to acknowledge there was an issue, and offer us 1000 iso as compensation... Yay?

They still haven't even acknowledged the zero iso issue from black vortex, so don't hold your breath.
  • Hmm, someone remind me, what are we celebrating again?? lol... This being my first MPQ Anniversary event, I kinda feel glad I missed out on the last one since there doesn't seem to be any comparison.

This honestly just feels like a normal week to me, except it included a ridiculously hard Boss PVE, Simulator PVE that doesn't even reward new characters (pass), normal LRs, insane boosted off-season feeling PVP events incl one for a character I do not have since I missed last years Anniversary and the tokens have been awful, no ISO in PVP but I get the pleasure to have the same person hit me 5 times in a row, I won't go on, there's plenty of forum posts about it.

If you're trying to lure back retired players or keep the ones on the fence engaged, you may want to rethink what you are trying to achieve with what is supposed to be a celebratory/fun event for the masses.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Azoic wrote:
    Don't worry guys--I am sure they will realize their mistake and extend goodwill...by waiting until Friday morning to acknowledge there was an issue, and offer us 1000 iso as compensation... Yay?

They still haven't even acknowledged the zero iso issue from black vortex, so don't hold your breath.
    I got a response for my, missing points in Black Vortex ticket, "issue resolved, we'll pass this on to the developers"

How exactly does that resolve that I didn't get points from my final 3 fights?
  • Horrible decision. Spent $500 on the game in the last week. Have a terrible taste in my mouth now.

Why would they do this?
  • I'm incredibly disappointed at the lack of special anniversary lightning rounds. Those were my favorite part of last year's anniversary event.

Seriously, how hard would it have been to implement the same thing over again with slight tweaks to rewards/characters involved? You know, like you do with pretty much every single event that's ever run?

And then to promise double iso for pvp then not include double iso on pvp lightning rounds... Ugh. Just ugh.

-GK
  • Everything follows the same pattern

Announcement: "There is a thing happening and extra things while the thing happens."

Me: "Yay! A thing! With extra things! Can't wait!"

Play for a while...

"Oh. This thing isn't as good as the thing I was expecting. Kinda sucky"
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    xdogg wrote:
    "Double-Iso in versus and story events (not including prologue)", come on D3, this is getting pathetic

Thanks for this as I could not find where they posted where double iso would be applied, are lightning rounds not versus? Is DDQ not a story event? Probably reaching with the latter but hey this just all around sucks, can't wait to see what I get from my 2 "bone-us" anniversary tokens....still lots of 2*'s being dropped, even with the "increased" odds...what a shame/ sham....
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly79 wrote:
    xdogg wrote:
    "Double-Iso in versus and story events (not including prologue)", come on D3, this is getting pathetic

Thanks for this as I could not find where they posted where double iso would be applied, are lightning rounds not versus? Is DDQ not a story event? Probably reaching with the latter but hey this just all around sucks, can't wait to see what I get from my 2 "bone-us" anniversary tokens....still lots of 2*'s being dropped, even with the "increased" odds...what a shame/ sham....

Yeah, since IceIX was answering questions in that thread I asked about DDQ right after the quoted response above and he never responsed. I took that as a "I don't want to say no out loud, but no". I never even thought to question the LR's, why would they possibly not be doubled.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    They were so busy with other things that forgot to code it with x2. Relax 50 HP + 1000 ISO incoming icon_lol.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quarg321 wrote:
    Horrible decision. Spent $500 on the game in the last week. Have a terrible taste in my mouth now.

Why would they do this?

They did it because of your former action.

They knew spending would happen without any effort.

So why bother trying.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    Can someone tell me how to figure out when lightning rounds start?
    i only found half an hour after it started, making it completely pointless since all enemies were too difficult already. Need to be there at the first 10 minutes, but i alwaysm iss that.
    They start every two hours, lasting 90 minutes each with 30 minutes of down time in between. One just ended a few minutes ago so a new one starts at the top of the hour.
  • AE_Fios
    AE_Fios Posts: 39
    There's a common customer service practice out there called "Under promise, over deliver."

Instead, D3 seems to take the exact opposite approach. Promise greatness up front and completely fail to deliver on the back end. All this does is upset customers when you fail to meet the expectations that YOU set.
  • AE_Fios wrote:
    There's a common customer service practice out there called "Under promise, over deliver."

Instead, D3 seems to take the exact opposite approach. Promise greatness up front and completely fail to deliver on the back end. All this does is upset customers when you fail to meet the expectations that YOU set.

Yep. There's a reason why deliveries always give an overestimation of how long it will take to get there. You'll be happy if it gets there early and you'll never be mad if it gets there close to its expected delivery time/date.
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I really thought that the devs would surprise us with double iso for the lightning rounds since we missed a bunch in black vortex. the 2000 we received can't even remotely compare to the thousands many didn't get.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    AE_Fios wrote:

Loudly and publicly make sales pitch, entice sales with payment up front, collect cash, deliver inferior goods at later date.

Quietly and faux-grudgingly issue refunds on the hush-hush to those who bother to figure out how to file a complaint.

Keep the difference.

This is called bait and switch.

Sales does the selling, but they aren't involved in the making. They promise lots that the makers can't deliver. Selling is much cheaper than delivering.

It's a short-term strategy, but with a seemingly endless supply of shills, it can be ridden for a long time.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    AE_Fios wrote:

Loudly and publicly make sales pitch, entice sales with payment up front, collect cash, deliver inferior goods at later date.

Quietly and faux-grudgingly issue refunds on the hush-hush to those who bother to figure out how to file a complaint.

Keep the difference.

Sales does the selling, but they aren't involved in the making. They promise lots that the makers can't deliver. Selling is much cheaper than delivering.

It's a short-term strategy, but with a seemingly endless supply of shills, it can be ridden for a long time.

Good analogy.. for maybe the Galactus event, or something else.. but at no point were any promises made about lightning rounds... except that they would not be 20 man LRs.. so no bait and switch.. just .. well, no-info....
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    AE_Fios wrote:

Keep the difference.

Good analogy.. for maybe the Galactus event, or something else.. but at no point were any promises made about lightning rounds... except that they would not be 20 man LRs.. so no bait and switch.. just .. well, no-info....

They did say double ISO excluding prologue. DDQ and lightning rounds are prologue content now?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    IceIX announced that there would be double ISO-8 during the Anniversary, but not in the prologue. This is clearly not true.

He didn't say only in anniversary events. He said not in story and versus events. LRs are a versus event, and were in no way excluded from his statement.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...there's a lightning round up now
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    ...there's a lightning round up now

Which awards zero anniversary tokens, has no double ISO, and doesn't have unusually small brackets like last year.
This discussion has been closed.