Server Issues 10/8/15

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    JVReal wrote:
    The server outing actually only delayed the pain we are experiencing now. It's like complaining that the gas chamber was broken... and I couldn't get killed sooner.

Level 6 is ridiculous.

3 CD tiles spawned per turn, which in turn spawn 4 Cosmic tiles EACH, which in turn spawn 4 AP EACH of every color.

3x4x4= 48

In one turn he generates a potential 48AP for an attack that only requires 28. If you match away 1 CD Tile before it goes off there is still 32AP possible out there (2x4x4). And 48 more possible AP is spawned on turn 2.

Best Case Scenario:
    If you cleared 1 CD tile on turn 1, turn 2 has 5 CD tiles out, 2 at 1 turn left, 3 at 2 turns left. If you match one of the 1 count CD tiles, congrats, but that leaves 4 CD tiles still. Turn 3 you now have 6 CD Tiles out, 3 at 2 count, 3 at 1 count, and 4 Cosmic tiles out (16 AP next turn). You have to choose, match a Cosmic tile or match a CD tile? Matching a 1 count CD tile eliminates the most AP, but not enough to save you, because you are already dead and don't know it... Dead Man Playing. You choose to match the 1 count CD. Turn 4 you now have 6 CD tiles out there 3 at 2 count, 3 at 1 count, and 8 Cosmic Tiles out (32 more AP next turn) and Galactus has 16 AP (if he got no matches or cascades). You cannot win at this point if you cannot kill him or clear the entire board this turn. Dead on turn 5.

Worst Case Scenario:
    You cannot match 2 of his first 3 CD tiles in 2 turns, you are dead on turn 3.

Way.Off.Balance

Wow man, 24 AP for each clock!!! And they just last two turns (they should last 3 turns but Galaktus also has the secret power of manipulating time).

Did they test their own game? Not even with a very good board and boosted they can expect us to be able to beat Galaktus at this point! How many hit points does it have in round 6? In round 5 it has 20k, so I guess we need to do like 25k or so in 3 or 4 turns.

I guess that in round 7 or 8 with just one clock going out he will have enough AP to kill the team...
  • My game just bugged out and i think servers are down... again
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Yep, check internet connection again!
  • Wow. Beat all DDQ nodes just now & only wound up with 2,829 points. Needless to say, not enough points to get my 2K bonus.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    And the server issue is still on-going right now.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    How many hit points does it have in round 6? In round 5 it has 20k, so I guess we need to do like 25k or so in 3 or 4 turns.

I guess that in round 7 or 8 with just one clock going out he will have enough AP to kill the team...

24,380 I believe in round 6.
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I'm in London and it's been down for a while now
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's hope they are tweaking the fights and fixing things
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    JVReal wrote:
    The server outing actually only delayed the pain we are experiencing now. It's like complaining that the gas chamber was broken... and I couldn't get killed sooner.

Level 6 is ridiculous.

3 CD tiles spawned per turn, which in turn spawn 4 Cosmic tiles EACH, which in turn spawn 4 AP EACH of every color.

3x4x4= 48

In one turn he generates a potential 48AP for an attack that only requires 28. If you match away 1 CD Tile before it goes off there is still 32AP possible out there (2x4x4). And 48 more possible AP is spawned on turn 2.

Best Case Scenario:
    If you cleared 1 CD tile on turn 1, turn 2 has 5 CD tiles out, 2 at 1 turn left, 3 at 2 turns left. If you match one of the 1 count CD tiles, congrats, but that leaves 4 CD tiles still. Turn 3 you now have 6 CD Tiles out, 3 at 2 count, 3 at 1 count, and 4 Cosmic tiles out (16 AP next turn). You have to choose, match a Cosmic tile or match a CD tile? Matching a 1 count CD tile eliminates the most AP, but not enough to save you, because you are already dead and don't know it... Dead Man Playing. You choose to match the 1 count CD. Turn 4 you now have 6 CD tiles out there 3 at 2 count, 3 at 1 count, and 8 Cosmic Tiles out (32 more AP next turn) and Galactus has 16 AP (if he got no matches or cascades). You cannot win at this point if you cannot kill him or clear the entire board this turn. Dead on turn 5.

Worst Case Scenario:
    You cannot match 2 of his first 3 CD tiles in 2 turns, you are dead on turn 3.

Way.Off.Balance

Wow, I was having some difficulty on my last clear of round 5 (beat him 4 of 6 fights) round 6 looks like a nightmare, even with a fully developed roster this seems unbeatable. You would need +2 ap boost plus rainbow ap AND a board that works in your favor to even have a shot. Looks like the Cyc cover are out of reach anyway without some luck...meh using the loaner for anniversary, he is not that good anyway.

P.S. - no server outage here...
  • And again a server problem.... its not funny annymore!
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Why can't they overcome this? it's ridiculous. Every time there's a special event on....

Someone is not very good at their job.
  • I'm usually not the type to complain cause I really enjoy hard challenges. Then there's this. It's a legit cash grab. D3 usually does these things subtly but I feel like this time around they said "The hell with it, let's make sure they use +All AP". Anyways as many have said before me doesn't seem like they actually thought this through. Good luck to all alliances trying to clear these! Hopefully some of yall come out on top!

(Or hopefully they are actually fixing Galactus)
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most likely rubbing shoulders with the celebrities at NY Comic Con than fixing the servers
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Down again. Just finished a match in PvP. No pts, no iso, just check your connection message of doom.

Between this, 4 turn insta death, reduced tokens odds and the crash penalty of mysterious desktopping of the game and consequent wiped teams I have been getting this morning. I no longer feel much like celebrating.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure what the issue is but no official replies from any mods, no reply to the ticket I submitted yesterday after the crash/ locked event nodes (I know they got slammed with tickets yesterday, just saying) now reports from players in round 6 say the fight is over in just a few turns because he generates so much ap? C'mon guys get your $h!t together already...at least with the Ultron event it was fixed sort of quick, we had updates from mods, and Ultron was beatable, tough but beatable even in round 8...basically if round 6 is an indication of rounds 7 & 8 that means Galactus will get 1 turn to place cd tiles 1 more to resolve and game over...what a mess this anniversary event has turned out to be.
  • QuietRiot
    QuietRiot Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Log in to do my Tex Mex pvp before i go camping for the weekend and servers are down Again! How does a match 3 game have so many server issues? Especially when they had a 2 week in game countdown to "prepare" for the server stress.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Wow. Beat all DDQ nodes just now & only wound up with 2,829 points. Needless to say, not enough points to get my 2K bonus.
    Same.
  • Maybe it's down on purpose to fix something in the galactus mechanism? One can dream.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Servers should be like sewers. You plan for the highest likely capacity, otherwise, at peak, **** happens. And when **** predictably happens, you have to wonder why sufficient steps weren't taken to prevent it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if they didn't take the servers down on purpose the devs should see this as an opportunity.