Server Issues 10/8/15

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    Give everyone a couple tokens, some small amount of HP, fix what messed up, fix the locking problem, and restart the event at the next 12:00 marker from the beginning.

Galactus tokens, not anniversary tokens.

Why? Are the Anniversary ones garbage odds?

They are worse than heroics unless you want devil dino, whereas the Galactus ones include jean grey and the new 4* cyclops.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    There are enough players on the forum discussing their strategy against Galactus through multiple rounds that we can now assume that being locked out for multiple rounds is not intended, as it is not happening to all players.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Only Solution to this is......

Stark salary for everybody!!!!!
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I suppose we were warned.
    IceIX wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    1. Not really been any events of this magnitude since the Ultron event so there has not been any major test on them.

2. Having been burnt numerous times in the past by server outages when any major events start evidence would suggest they don't learn from experience.

3. I am not here to blow smoke up anyone's ****. I get paid to do a job that I try to do well. I expect them to do the same. I make a balls of things I get my boss breathing down my neck and riding my back. I expect the same standards from others.
    1) True, this is our first big new event since Ultron.
    2) Every time the servers have gone down, it's been for an entirely different reason. We most certainly do learn, but the hamsters seem to get ill with a different disease every event season.
    3) We're definitely planning to be staffed up when the events hit to make sure things are as smooth as possible.

In short, as stated above, I don't think there's anything that we could say to assure you. We've run every test we can think of to make sure that the ways that the servers came to their knees before will be non issues. But there's no way to say for sure (other than being psychic) that the servers won't explode spectacularly in an all new way that we didn't envision.
  • I'd really like a confirmation if the nodes not reseting is a bug or on purpose because my score (along with many others I'm sure) is tanked because of it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

Yep! Literally worse than a Heroic token in every way unless you really really want Devil Dinosaur. One third the usual pull rate for every other 4*, 20% lower pull rates for a 3*, and higher pull rates for 2* characters.
    There's a slim chance of getting a big reward of HP or ISO, but not enough to justify the increased cost by any means.

It's the increased rate of 2* that really bothers me. For 500 HP per token and no discounts with multipacks, I expect the 2* rate to go down significantly... not up!
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Seriously the timer is almost regenerated and we still haven't gotten an answer. Can I get a yes, a no, a tinykitty you, anything!? How hard is it to respond? I'd even accept the ole "working as intended" tinykitty
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    spccrain wrote:
    Seriously the timer is almost regenerated and we still haven't gotten an answer. Can I get a yes, a no, a tinykitty you, anything!? How hard is it to respond? I'd even accept the ole "working as intended" tinykitty

For real, **** are they thinking?

The thing that is the most annoying is the complete lack of communication for over 7 hours now.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Tminus 30 minutes until the next big crash
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Since I've been working since an hour after the event started and have two more to go before I'm home, I feel like I've got a lot of ground to make up since none of the points I had earned in my playing registered. You really want to make it up to people and make people happy with what's happened? A free Legendary token would be the way to go..For real.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I've been working since an hour after the event started and have two more to go before I'm home, I feel like I've got a lot of ground to make up since none of the points I had earned in my playing registered. You really want to make it up to people and make people happy with what's happened? A free Legendary token would be the way to go..For real.

a free legenddary token would not be enough all 3 cy covers is more like it
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    PorkBelly wrote:
    spccrain wrote:

For real, **** are they thinking?

The thing that is the most annoying is the complete lack of communication for over 7 hours now.
    It is not fixed I just found out the hard way. Did a full clear lost no health packs and my alliance finished off round 4. I go to round 5 locked, again icon_e_sad.gif
  • For what it's worth, I didn't join the event until Round 4 and I received all of the tokens from the first three rounds of completion.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Yep! Literally worse than a Heroic token in every way unless you really really want Devil Dinosaur. One third the usual pull rate for every other 4*, 20% lower pull rates for a 3*, and higher pull rates for 2* characters.
    There's a slim chance of getting a big reward of HP or ISO, but not enough to justify the increased cost by any means.

It's the increased rate of 2* that really bothers me. For 500 HP per token and no discounts with multipacks, I expect the 2* rate to go down significantly... not up!
    I dont know, my 4 galactus tokens have been 2*. Ares x2, Wolv x2. Very disappointing.

My 2 anniversary tokens were IW & FalCap.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Having worked for and with some of the biggest bandwidth users out there in non Fortune 500 I can't imagine these are all new problems or something that couldn't have been mitigated against. Common really?

We all stream lots of video everyday not from YouTube if you can smell what the Rock is cooking.

Fix it.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Personally the frustrating part for me/my alliance, is that due to the server issue, everyone in my entire alliance's first clear was on round 1 Galactus.

Even though we would have had enough to points to move to the round 3, all of them were against the round 1 version.

Basically, my entire alliance got shorted a lot of Galactus health points in our first clear. Very frustrating when you are hoping to get progression rewards.
  • excelsior
    excelsior Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Most annoying aspect is the fact that I was unsurprised that it happened. So similar to the ultron issues. Not a great start to the anniversary.

At least seems to be working now.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Some communication from d3 would really be nice as to what happened, if it is now fixed and working as intended, compensation for the headache. As mentioned above, 4* Cyc covers would be the way to go as their **** up cost a lot of players those covers...keep in mind there is only 2 days left in the event, I have not even cracked 1 mil yet and with the bull$h!t timer issues it will take even longer.... icon_evil.gif
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Philly79 wrote:
    Some communication from d3 would really be nice as to what happened, if it is now fixed and working as intended, compensation for the headache. As mentioned above, 4* Cyc covers would be the way to go as their tinykitty up cost a lot of players those covers...keep in mind there is only 2 days left in the event, I have not even cracked 1 mil yet and with the bull$h!t timer issues it will take even longer.... icon_evil.gif
    If compo is considered. Would 4* cyk be the best option? I don't have a slot for him so if this was the case it would be 1000iso for me. Whoohoo!! HP is the best universal compo because who couldn't use more. The equivalent of a 4* cover would suffice icon_e_wink.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    The server outing actually only delayed the pain we are experiencing now. It's like complaining that the gas chamber was broken... and I couldn't get killed sooner.

Level 6 is ridiculous.

3 CD tiles spawned per turn, which in turn spawn 4 Cosmic tiles EACH, which in turn spawn 4 AP EACH of every color.

3x4x4= 48

In one turn he generates a potential 48AP for an attack that only requires 28. If you match away 1 CD Tile before it goes off there is still 32AP possible out there (2x4x4). And 48 more possible AP is spawned on turn 2.

Best Case Scenario:
    If you cleared 1 CD tile on turn 1, turn 2 has 5 CD tiles out, 2 at 1 turn left, 3 at 2 turns left. If you match one of the 1 count CD tiles, congrats, but that leaves 4 CD tiles still. Turn 3 you now have 6 CD Tiles out, 3 at 2 count, 3 at 1 count, and 4 Cosmic tiles out (16 AP next turn). You have to choose, match a Cosmic tile or match a CD tile? Matching a 1 count CD tile eliminates the most AP, but not enough to save you, because you are already dead and don't know it... Dead Man Playing. You choose to match the 1 count CD. Turn 4 you now have 6 CD tiles out there 3 at 2 count, 3 at 1 count, and 8 Cosmic Tiles out (32 more AP next turn) and Galactus has 16 AP (if he got no matches or cascades). You cannot win at this point if you cannot kill him or clear the entire board this turn. Dead on turn 5.

Worst Case Scenario:
    You cannot match 2 of his first 3 CD tiles in 2 turns, you are dead on turn 3.

Way.Off.Balance