Server Issues 10/8/15

Comments

• TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Except for the fact that a reset punishes the ones that were able to push thru. we are at round 4 for instance.

Just extend the deadline for the end of the event proportional to the outage time.

...plus compensation
  • I don't see why anyone would complain about getting another shot and having the rewards reset. It's a bunch of extra tokens for the people who were lucky enough to slog through the server issues and it allows people to play at an even footing with one another. Extending the time in the end gives advantage to the people who didn't get caught in the server issues.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except for the fact that a reset punishes the ones that were able to push thru. we are at round 4 for instance.

Just extend the deadline for the end of the event proportional to the outage time.

...plus compensation

Sod off. I have very limited gaming time, in fact it is now 20:25 hours and I have been home all of 15 minutes since 5:30 am this morning after having to be at a hospital with my daughter all day. By the time things are likely to be running I will be headed down blanket lane and we'll on my way to the land of nod. That means I will miss any time on the restart. Best thing to do is push it back 24 hours from the original plan to allow themselves lots of contingency time.

Everybody who has been around here any real length of time knew this would happen yet the supposed experts in charge didn't? How the person who is in charge of these things remains employed is a mystery to me.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Linkster79 wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    As somebody who has a very limited amount of time to play video games I would like to also emphasise the issues regarding server loads.

What assurances are you able to give us that we will not be met with hours, possibly days of "Please check your connection" screens?

Harumph, grumble grumble. Not even one positive in this?

Maybe a valid question but man, the ink is barely dry on the announcement.

And really, servers have been pretty solid in the last few months post Ultron. Even the repeat of that saw minimal interruption.

I trust that they do actually learn from experience and work to mitigate outages. I'm not sure what "assurances" they could give you that would actually "assure" you.

Ahem cough cough. :p
    LOL
    icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I experienced the token issue as well, since i was locked out of round 3, i did not receive a token when the alliance completed it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realized that since everyone will be locked out until the 8 hour mark hits that we can expect everyone to play at the same time again and the servers will just crash every 8 hours for the next 3 days. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Well, I just got in for a session. Was able to do all my clears on Galactus and only wiped once. Just gotta wait for an alliance member to finish him off (less than 4K is needed...)

I do like this though, even if he has a super move that just 1 hit ko's the team
  • ynglink wrote:
    Well, I just got in for a session. Was able to do all my clears on Galactus and only wiped once. Just gotta wait for an alliance member to finish him off (less than 4K is needed...)
    Gotta wait for the timer. The nodes aren't resetting with round clears as one would expect. This event is painful in so many ways.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    drewesque wrote:
    ynglink wrote:
    Gotta wait for the timer. The nodes aren't resetting with round clears as one would expect. This event is painful in so many ways.
    Yeah, I see that, but that just means I gotta wait 4 hours now and I just got my token. Out of the 3 tokens all 2*'s -.-
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    It appears that the only thing worse than being locked out of this event is playing it.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    Sod off. I have very limited gaming time, in fact it is now 20:25 hours and I have been home all of 15 minutes since 5:30 am this morning after having to be at a hospital with my daughter all day. By the time things are likely to be running I will be headed down blanket lane and we'll on my way to the land of nod. That means I will miss any time on the restart. Best thing to do is push it back 24 hours from the original plan to allow themselves lots of contingency time.

Everybody who has been around here any real length of time knew this would happen yet the supposed experts in charge didn't? How the person who is in charge of these things remains employed is a mystery to me.

For what it's worth: Supposedly, every time the severs have crashed, it's been for an entirely different reason.

Going into this event, the people who actually see the servers and take care of them did, supposedly, make sure that all the ways it's crashed before would not happen again.

So, it just seems to have found a brand new way. Sigh.

...I did get an amusing glitch where I did a round with Galactus and then was given Galactus Hunger tokens infinitely forever. Had to restart to stop getting them! (And no, they didn't count on my token counter. icon_razz.gif)
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Still no answer to the "why the tinykitty am I locked out still?" Question eh?
    There's no way we're gonna a beat Galactus cuz as my friends the GI Joes say "Knowing is half the battle" and we know nothing.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    ynglink wrote:
    Everyone's reporting that the nodes aren't unlocking when your alliance finishes a round.
  • Chicago
    Chicago Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Everybody in my alliance is locked out, too, and waiting on the eight-hour timer. Because none of the developers are talking, here's some idle speculation: Maybe they actively flipped the switch to lock everybody out after one go-round in order to give themselves some breathing room while they sort out the server issues.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    JVReal wrote:
    Give everyone a couple tokens, some small amount of HP, fix what messed up, fix the locking problem, and restart the event at the next 12:00 marker from the beginning.

Galactus tokens, not anniversary tokens.

Why? Are the Anniversary ones garbage odds?
  • Chicago wrote:
    Everybody in my alliance is locked out, too, and waiting on the eight-hour timer. Because none of the developers are talking, here's some idle speculation: Maybe they actively flipped the switch to lock everybody out after one go-round in order to give themselves some breathing room while they sort out the server issues.

No way. My alliance was able to get a few people playing at the start and we busted his first phase down since it has so little health and the nodes never reset. Unless they knew game would **** itself, it's either a bug or intentional.
  • Chicago wrote:
    It's impossible to make max progressions like this.

I submitted a ticket to D3.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    Give everyone a couple tokens, some small amount of HP, fix what messed up, fix the locking problem, and restart the event at the next 12:00 marker from the beginning.

Galactus tokens, not anniversary tokens.

Why? Are the Anniversary ones garbage odds?

Yep! Literally worse than a Heroic token in every way unless you really really want Devil Dinosaur. One third the usual pull rate for every other 4*, 20% lower pull rates for a 3*, and higher pull rates for 2* characters.
  • Lilmaveric_15
    Lilmaveric_15 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Are Nodes supposed to reset each round?

I defeated all my possible nodes in round one and then the servers crashed.

My alliance is now many rounds in and none of my nodes have reset from the first round and it is extremely frustrating. I would like to play the game please.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Think positive, at least it's not Friday afternoon/evening...