Server Issues 10/8/15

Comments

• murmelmann8
    murmelmann8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Ja girlfriend is still playing the story only needs 1700 for the legendary token bit can't play right I hope you get it ready so she gets her reward
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    game now accesible(at least to me)
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Pacific time zone here and I can't play. I was in for the first 30-40 minutes, although not all of my alliance was able to get the event to load. Now I've been stuck in "check internet connection" for the last hour plus. No idea what's going on with alliance. Complete mess.

I cleared one node doc. Only one icon_e_sad.gif I did manage to get in again momentarily. I think we are on to round 4. Judging by the tokens I got on logging in.
  • 2,5 hour event - 2h connection problem. I can't grind in new event and i can't finish previous (and take legendary token). No comment :/
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    love how they go O our servers wont crash.. Dont worry they will blame someone else besides them like always
  • slidecage
    love how they go O our servers wont crash.. Dont worry they will blame someone else besides them like always
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    We would have been better off with a Galactus-type Gauntlet so we can join and play whenever we wanted instead of this time-restricted event where everyone is trying to join at once. I think it's best to stop with these Alliance-team up Boss battles. Sadly they are not particular interesting or fun.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad timing again... end of a 7 day PVE... and start a giant event that is known to crash the server ... EVERY ... TIME. (perhaps due to different reasons everytime... but how many different things will go wrong that create the same end result?)
    Glad I'm not playing the 7 day PVE...well I'm playing... but I'm not Plaaaaying. Will it open up in enough time for me to do DDQ before it goes away for the day? Will I be able to play the Galactus event? I was able to get in at 12:10 long enough to join the game as the 11th person in my alliance, and that was the extent of my ability to participate. Locked out now with 0 points and a check internet connection error.

It is a very familiar tune, figured that the Fourth time would be right (2 runs the first time, 1 run last time of Ultron).

Just frustrating... and I haven't hit the lack of a reset when the Galactus boss is beat and the next Level opens up yet... because I can't get in. I hear it's a problem.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    IF it is primarily server load, couldn't they slice the alliances in starting times? only a commander can join the event and the entire alliance is then based on that time slot. that would divide up the heavy play times. this entire event will have spikes every 8hr refresh. good luck.
  • slidecage
    TxMoose wrote:
    IF it is primarily server load, couldn't they slice the alliances in starting times? only a commander can join the event and the entire alliance is then based on that time slot. that would divide up the heavy play times. this entire event will have spikes every 8hr refresh. good luck.

game would crash every day at noon 8 and 4am est and never does so its not a server issue.

Guess what guys you want a way for this to never happen again.. Have a freaking Preview event even if it was 24 hours to test out your new items but NOPE
  • I won't lie... this is incredible... you folks know these issues existed, didn't plan for extra server runtime to accomodate the thousands of people who were coming back just to play this, and now we are being given a sub-par experience. My alliance, unified at the outset, is now picking at Galactus as best we can piecemeal, our nodes are not resetting, and we are getting our butts kicked hard by this event when we were tearing it for the first 15 minutes... at the very least, you need to reset the nodes for all alliances. this would be fair, in that we are now on round 3, and our team has not had a single node reset... try taking this guy out with 20 dedicated players but no ability to speed the clock... meanwhile, the clock keeps on ticking between crashes, and we are getting jobbed through no fault of our own. Make this right, D3... we were on track for a top level finish, and now am in danger of missing tiers... I'd suggest that rather than giving out tokens which are just going to cause this game to keep crahing, you give EVERYBODY who is affected by this mess and is participating the 3 covers of 4*cyclops and a few hero points too. This is idiotic in the extreme, and i honestly can't believe I'm looking forward to the console release in the near future, so i can throw even MORE money your way... MAKE THIS RIGHT! Respectfully, kurtiskhaos, commander of Frozen Flame
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Give everyone a couple tokens, some small amount of HP, fix what messed up, fix the locking problem, and restart the event at the next 12:00 marker from the beginning.
  • I think what would be nice right about now is a message to just let us know whether the nodes will reset at the beginning of each round or not. Cause being in the dark right now really isn't helping the situation at all. Hopefully you guys get to fix the server issues soon.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Give everyone a couple tokens, some small amount of HP, fix what messed up, fix the locking problem, and restart the event at the next 12:00 marker from the beginning.

Galactus tokens, not anniversary tokens.
  • JVReal wrote:

I just want to be able to play. I'm one of the odd players that actually enjoys PVE, yes even the stupid rehashed dark avengers teams (most of the time), and I hate how I'm not able to play the part of the game I like the most.
  • Why run events like this when it's been proven time and again the execution will never work. It's a fun concept but obviously these special events can't be pulled off. Please stop trying to run them.

Every single person I interact with about mpq knew this would happen. Nice try d3, stop putting us and you guys thru the same **** experience.

IceX has said that every time there's been a server crash like this, it's been for an entirely different reason.

And that going into it, they made sure that said previous crash reasons would not happen again, but there could be Brand New Crash Reasons they did not forsee.

That seems to be what happened. icon_razz.gif

I do kinda want a confirmation that the reason for the crash is a brand spanking new issue, though.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    As somebody who has a very limited amount of time to play video games I would like to also emphasise the issues regarding server loads.

What assurances are you able to give us that we will not be met with hours, possibly days of "Please check your connection" screens?

Harumph, grumble grumble. Not even one positive in this?

Maybe a valid question but man, the ink is barely dry on the announcement.

And really, servers have been pretty solid in the last few months post Ultron. Even the repeat of that saw minimal interruption.

I trust that they do actually learn from experience and work to mitigate outages. I'm not sure what "assurances" they could give you that would actually "assure" you.

Ahem cough cough. :p
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:

Agreed 100%, everyone being affected by this is losing overall points and rewards. This event is only 3 1/2 days long, that is a hell of a long time to get 5.9 million points for all of the rewards, throw a 2 hour lock on the vents and it cuts into that progress even farther, just flat out sucks....
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    nice call link. gotta stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. be more cynical and less optimistic. expect the worst. that would have saved a lot of frustration lol
  • shwebsi
    shwebsi Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I'm so with the reset the whole damn thing solution. I set an alarm to wake up and play at 12 before I had to go into work, now if this keeps up I'm going to miss at least the first 16 hours of the event due to work and travel time and what not. And that's if I don't want to sleep when I get off work. We're at 3 hr 15 min of not being able to play a single match of anything.