Server Issues 10/8/15

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all,

There are multiple user created threads about it already, but just wanted to provide an official thread to let everyone know that we're aware of the server issues and are working towards getting everything up again ASAP. I don't have an exact ETA for you at the moment however.

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the official note, IceIX. The game is back up and running for me personally, and my alliance made it on to Round 2, but my nodes did not reset. I played all 5 nodes in around 1 and now can not play at all until they reset. With Ultron they would reset at the start of each round.

Can you confirm whether this is how this event will work, or is this a bug?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Couple of things.. Bought a 42 pack .. got 17 4*s Hurray!! but while selling off 2* and 3* covers to take a nice screenshot.. game crashed.. any clue if they will still be there?

Also, same issue with nodes.. they do not reset after a round is completed.. does this mean we have to wait 8 hours, no matter if a round is done or not?
  • Thanks for the info. I keep getting that I need to check my internet connection, but all my other games are working. At least I know it's not on my end (which wouldn't have surprised me). I will just try to keep patient as you guys work hard to fix the problem so we can get in and play. It's a great stress relief. Your hard work is appreciated! Have a taco, tacos make everything better! token_taco.png
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a suggestion: Instead of opening up Galactus to ALL PLAYERS, how about you give each Alliance a time slice. Some alliances are set for 12PM EST, while others could be 3PM, 6PM and 10PM. This way everyone is not trying to play at the same time.
  • Game won't let me in as of a minute ago (1:36 pm)
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Because they want to servers to crash to demonstrate how popular the game is.

User experience during the crash is unimportant. What matters is how many concurrent users they can say they've got playing.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Only defeats Galactus round first and nothing else when the server crashed. And if the problem is not resolved in the next eight hours? The rest of progress will be lost and we ****.
  • Xxy
    Xxy Posts: 1
    Still can't even get past the loading page. This outage affects Eu time zone users particularly I think.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xxy wrote:
    Still can't even get past the loading page. This outage affects Eu time zone users particularly I think.

seems to be all over, not just EU
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Pacific time zone here and I can't play. I was in for the first 30-40 minutes, although not all of my alliance was able to get the event to load. Now I've been stuck in "check internet connection" for the last hour plus. No idea what's going on with alliance. Complete mess.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Thanks for the official note, IceIX. The game is back up and running for me personally, and my alliance made it on to Round 2, but my nodes did not reset. I played all 5 nodes in around 1 and now can not play at all until they reset. With Ultron they would reset at the start of each round.

Can we get a confirmation on this please? Sitting here livid thinking I should have let the other members of my alliance do round 1&2 before joining to maximize MY points, screwing them over
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well there's obviously people playing because my Alliance is on Round 4 already.. it's annoying.. same thing happened with Ultron where most players were screwed out of the Reward prizes, tokens, HP and ISO from the earlier easier rounds
  • Cskellz
    Cskellz Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    We need some confirmation whether the nodes locking are a part of the issues, or if it's set for the event to begin with, regardless of issues.
  • weird and bit unfair that some can login and some not, how can u then catchup or even start if others are allready in 2nd / 3th round and im still waiting to even get in the game. 15min to the start of the event (4hrs ago) it worked and uptonow nothing ....... icon_e_sad.gif
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    spccrain wrote:

Can we get a confirmation on this please? Sitting here livid thinking I should have let the other members of my alliance do round 1&2 before joining to maximize MY points, screwing them over
    Cskellz wrote:
    We need some confirmation whether the nodes locking are a part of the issues, or if it's set for the event to begin with, regardless of issues.

^This!
    With how Ultron was done I assumed this would be the same. But after only one attack in round 4 me and my fellow alliance mates are all just sitting waiting for the next 6 hours. If this is a bug I hope it's fixed soon. If it's not a bug one of the devs should've mentioned the new feature before the event
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Ooh, it's getting better! Denied at the loading screen instead of the welcome screen!
  • CST over here cannot even play. Also my nodes did not reset and skipped round 2 of galactus
  • SheRa-007
    SheRa-007 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I haven't been able to even get into mpq at all!!
    Super sucks. I just got in one time just now and my team was already in round 2.
    I played for 1min - beat Galaticus and got booted as soon as I beat him and haven't been able to get in again!
    I'm so annoyed.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Well there's obviously people playing because my Alliance is on Round 4 already.. it's annoying.. same thing happened with Ultron where most players were screwed out of the Reward prizes, tokens, HP and ISO from the earlier easier rounds

You can thank them for getting you to round 4 so that you can start playing for more points per clear, since they are all locked out after playing the game 6 times.

---

Thanks for the heads-up on the change devs. We really appreciate that you gave this a lot of thought and clearly communicated how the event would work.

A mere reskinning of the Ultron event, no! Get this, we are adding in a NEW way to screw over your alliance-mates. Last time it was the early clearing players who accidentally screwed over their fellow players. This time, if you play too early, you are the one who gets screwed. We lock you out so that you fall way behind of where you could have been if you had just waited to play.

Haha, but seriously, happy anniversary!
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why run events like this when it's been proven time and again the execution will never work. It's a fun concept but obviously these special events can't be pulled off. Please stop trying to run them.

Every single person I interact with about mpq knew this would happen. Nice try d3, stop putting us and you guys thru the same **** experience.