1234568»

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Not gonna lie. Little disappointed to see that standard tokens no longer appear to have any shot at all to pull a 4*.
    Wait, what??? That bites. Just went into the game and found this.

Where do you think most of my (overall shockingly low numbers of) 4* covers have come from? (excluding daily rewards). And I'm not entirely joking...

Maybe they put the rate of 3*'s up a little to compensate? (shrugs)

If this is true, I am going to be VERY pissed off. I have almost 700 and have been waiting for then to finally announce that they are done with releasing more 3*s or 4*s or at least the pull rate odds for 4*s from Standards or taking 1*s out of Standards or SOME kind of boost. And then I was going to open every one of them, specifically for 4*s.

It's like they specifically want to take as many dumps on me as possible.

- 3* release is "stopped".
    - Veterans like me have all 3* complete
    =>
    Standard token now useless

requesting devs to make 100 Standard token = 10 Heroic Token = 1 Legendary token based converter

You need to buy a 40 pack of heroics to get 1 legendary, so at best, your conversion rate should be 40 heroic=1 legendary. So 400 standard tokens for one legendary.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    You need to buy a 40 pack of heroics to get 1 legendary, so at best, your conversion rate should be 40 heroic=1 legendary. So 400 standard tokens for one legendary.

I'm ok with that rate. I am only on day 407, and I have all the 3*s more or less covered (missing maybe 5 covers in total). I know the pain of drawing 3*s only to wish I'd received an iso reward instead, as a 3* means having to go and sell the darn thing. I can only imagine the frustration of those who have had to do this for longer then myself.

I'd also be perfectly fine with a button that says "sell all covers as iso" where the game automatically draws the standard covers, converts them into iso, and deposits the iso into your account. Much easier than having to draw each one and go through that painful process. Even a button that "packs" the standards would be helpful (i.e. like a 10-pack) would be helpful. Anything to ease the endless tapping. For those of us not OCD, that can be quite frustrating.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    ,dffdddfdsfsdfsdfs
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    yogi_ wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    It really might be time to shake up gameplay. ... There are so many creative ways to go with this game and it seems like it's time to grind the axe and go for it.
    Good luck with that. All evidence time and time again shows how highly risk-averse an organisation we are dealing with here.

To be fair to D3, the "bottleneck" preventing introduction of new game content/mode/etc. may be on Marvel's end, rather than D3's. Remember, D3 has to get approval from Marvel before characters can be introduced into the game, and content has to tie-in to Marvel's marketing plans with other Marvel events (movies, toys, games, etc.). So you may be pointing the "risk-averse" finger at the wrong organization here. icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    It really might be time to shake up gameplay. ... There are so many creative ways to go with this game and it seems like it's time to grind the axe and go for it.
    Good luck with that. All evidence time and time again shows how highly risk-averse an organisation we are dealing with here.

To be fair to D3, the "bottleneck" preventing introduction of new game content/mode/etc. may be on Marvel's end, rather than D3's. Remember, D3 has to get approval from Marvel before characters can be introduced into the game, and content has to tie-in to Marvel's marketing plans with other Marvel events (movies, toys, games, etc.). So you may be pointing the "risk-averse" finger at the wrong organization here. icon_lol.gif

Then how do you explain Marvel Future Fight? The list of characters is rather lengthy and they even have Modok and Ghost Rider! in fact, they are doing Secret Wars events right now.
  • Plus there's the whole issue that new players rely on those standards to earn 2 star and 1 star characters, so abolishing them outright isn't going to happen.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

Then how do you explain Marvel Future Fight? The list of characters is rather lengthy and they even have Modok and Ghost Rider! in fact, they are doing Secret Wars events right now.

This entirely, character set, the iso, the everything.

it's not all marvels burden when they have like 10 mobile games out all doing different things while this ones based on a half decade old story arc.

Marvel usually allows more leniancy and freedom then dc, and the gameplay doesn't have to be marvel centered. Does marvel really have to give permission to make a unique puzzle board?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    OK, so there is absolutely nothing I need in standard tokens now.
    Devs, could I get a button so I could sell my standard tokens unopened? I'll happily settle for 100 ISO a piece.

IceIX has clarified this in the other thread about 4*s in Standards as copied and pasted here:
    IceIX wrote:
    We didn't change any odds, just presentation. It doesn't state *, **, ***, **** for the inevitable occasion that a pull does *not* contain a 4*. Leading players on that the Standard tokens *may* doesn't really help anyone.

In other words, there's still a remote possibility that you can pull a 4* from a Standard. They've just changed the presentation to try and reflect the fact that you're extremely unlikely to ever do so.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

This entirely, character set, the iso, the everything.

it's not all marvels burden when they have like 10 mobile games out all doing different things while this ones based on a half decade old story arc.

Marvel usually allows more leniancy and freedom then dc, and the gameplay doesn't have to be marvel centered. Does marvel really have to give permission to make a unique puzzle board?

Marvel Future Fight is developed and published by Netmarble Games. I'm not sure how large the company is but it is headquartered in South Korea. Tried checking their website and didn't see anything concrete, but the company does seem to be pretty large, thus they might be able to have more resources to allocate to the development of that game.

Demiurge is based in Cambridge, MA and was bought by SEGA a few months back. They released another match 3 game a few months back on a similar engine, so they might be supporting multiple games. I said way back that coming up with ideas (something we can do from behind our keyboards) is a lot easier than actual implementation. I don't know how to code a game, but I am assuming, it isn't very easy, especially one that has grown as much as this one has. Everything that gets added in, probably has the risk of throwing off something that already exists.

Marvel Puzzle Quest isn't someone's pet project that they can design to please their fans and themselves. It's a free to play game that has to earn money, so add that in to the equation, and it gets a bit more complicated on what can be created and implemented. Since we've been around for a while, everything seems old and has been repeated, but if you looked at it from a new player's perspective, you'd probably be surprised at how much there is to do, for a free to play game. There are 15 Story events that get re-ran, there are over 80 characters over 5 tiers, and more on the way. If everything was as easy as some people seem to think it is, we'd all probably be playing a game that is suited to our every wish. Sure the game could be better, but is it really that bad as it exists right now? I'd say it is a great game, otherwise, I wouldn't be playing it.