Patch Notes - R83 (09/08/15)

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    When do these patches usually come? I'm trying to work out a pattern in when the previews are posted and the patch goes live but I can't lol. So far the only thing I've seen thus far is the updates usually occur on Mondays about a week after the preview.
    So next Monday is my guess?

I'm so impatient on this new 4* method seriously. I'm getting agitated as hell. My problem, though, obviously LOL

highly doubt next monday . next monday is a hoilday in the states so i would guess next week. I doubt they would release it on friday and have noone in the office till tuesday

This is their modus operandi. Fire off a mandatory update Friday afternoon, wait half an hour to see all the outrage and support tickets then knock off early and go to the pub. Works even better of the following Monday is a public holiday. Double points if there is an event with a new character release.

When does The Hunt start again? :rolleyes:

I understand your sarcasm.. but i think the last 2 updates were both during new releases actually.. They may have to update during the release event to make sure the new char works as planned.. imagine pulling the new guy from your first token and having him/her not working.. that would be worse.

just speculation, but this could be why updates seem to be during release events.

All sarcasm aside I would much rather they thoroughly tested any new content before sending it into the live version. Digital content is great as it can be constantly update to offer new things, sadly most developers rush new content without proper testing safe in the knowledge it can be patched later. I would rather wait a bit longer for a finished article than have a half arsed article now and then wait for it to he finished.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can somebody change the title on this thread to indicate WHEN it was updated. I keep seeing it bumped to the top and get excited that they added more info and it's always just you guys adding more nonsense icon_razz.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Can somebody change the title on this thread to indicate WHEN it was updated. I keep seeing it bumped to the top and get excited that they added more info and it's always just you guys adding more nonsense icon_razz.gif
    Good idea. Done.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with legendary tokens there are new ways to obtain 4*s. How about the new ways to level them? Where's the new ISO windfall?
  • Dayv
    So with legendary tokens there are new ways to obtain 4*s. How about the new ways to level them? Where's the new ISO windfall?
    IceIX gave an answer to that here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32578#p405849
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:

Not really, he said that you won't need it for 5*s unless you get a bunch of covers. That doesn't address anything to do with the rush of 4* covers and the ISO needed to level the characters after you get those covers. This is what the release notes for R83 hint at and hasn't been addressed.
  • Dayv
    DayvBang wrote:

Not really, he said that you won't need it for 5*s unless you get a bunch of covers. That doesn't address anything to do with the rush of 4* covers and the ISO needed to level the characters after you get those covers. This is what the release notes for R83 hint at and hasn't been addressed.

Not that post, this one:
    IceIX wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    Any plans to address the billion ISO shortfall we already have with the current 4*s?
    Concepts and ideas, yes. Nothing ready to go right this second. It's most definitely on our radar though.

So it's not a definite answer, which is disappointing, but it's at least better than "we're looking into it".
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    What's New...
    -
    - Cool things are on the way to help players obtain and level more 4-Star characters!
    New way to obtain 4*s has been revealed, now about leveling....
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The patch is live, and the revised notes confirm that our next 4* is Bobby Drake.

Also, Reed looks really goofy in the title screen...

EDIT: Did I never notice that the standard token screen says " star.png , star.pngstar.png , and star.pngstar.pngstar.png !" or did they just patch out the (extremely extremely extremely remote) chance of drawing a 4* from one?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The patch is live, and the revised notes confirm that our next 4* is Bobby Drake.

Also, Reed looks really goofy in the title screen...

EDIT: Did I never notice that the standard token screen says " star.png , star.pngstar.png , and star.pngstar.pngstar.png !" or did they just patch out the (extremely extremely extremely remote) chance of drawing a 4* from one?
    I haven't gotten the patch yet, and for me it just says " star.png or better!". I guess they changed the description...
  • Not that I'm going to even attempt to get one, but does that mean the Legendary token is live inside the 40 pack?
  • here's an idea for iso:

we have legendary tokens, introducing

average tokens:

instead of getting a 5* 3*, 4*, 2*, or 1* you can't use, you'll get a nice amount of iso instead! Or maybe a pitiful amount of HP!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just wanted more of a random side event with no influence on anything else, like ddq or growth industry that we can play if we want and ignore if we do not. Lone star tourney with no season or alliance component, like a.restricted shield sim.

Growth Industry was easily my favorite 4* release event. If they ever release any more 1* or 2* characters, I'd love to see them do it in an event like that. You'd play a small number of challenging nodes with a loaner character, fully covered but scaled to your roster's level. The award would be one of each cover for the new character plus a roster slot (not the HP,mind you, but an additional slot). It would make the event worth playing for people of all experience levels, introduce the new character's abilities and be something a little different. Sure it probably won't happen, but it would be less contentious than a 1* PVP icon_e_smile.gif
  • I was hoping the Deadpool 4 star " node" was going to wind up being a "Growth Industry" type thing with multiple nodes to play through to unlock the cover.

Not exactly thrilled at the idea that I can have the 1 cover for a 4 star and still not be able to obtain the legendary token for a chance at another cover for the character.

But hopefully the PVE event progressions will be in reach enough to help with that.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    At least to me, it seems like the 4* transition needs to be eased still. *shrug*
  • Legendary tokens aren't even here yet and you've already formed that opinion?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    At least to me, it seems like the 4* transition needs to be eased still. *shrug*
    I feel the same way but that feeling is more because I started the game much later than those I'm striving to compete with. me feeling that way is mainly because of where I am, not necessarily that it needs to be eased. it would certainly benefit me if it were. I'm starting to get it through my head that the only way to catch up to those that have been playing a year longer than me is super whaling some characters out, which I just can't stomach. I don't mind spending but i'll need to be considerably closer than I am to seriously consider it.
  • Nellobee wrote:
    the 4* transition needs to be eased even more, actually - since there's a new plateau of 5* to reach.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Haetron wrote:
    Legendary tokens aren't even here yet and you've already formed that opinion?

From the sounds of it, I won't get any of them. 1.3k is out of reach for me. I rarely can afford the time to grind PvE that hard. Most of my 4*s don't have the covers for the new DDQ. That leaves 2 per season and about 2 every year or so from DDQ, so 26 a year?

Which, with 15 4*'s in the game, means I will be able to fully cover them in a few decades. Assuming they don't add more 4*'s.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Legendary tokens aren't even here yet and you've already formed that opinion?

From the sounds of it, I won't get any of them. 1.3k is out of reach for me. I rarely can afford the time to grind PvE that hard. Most of my 4*s don't have the covers for the new DDQ. That leaves 2 per season and about 2 every year or so from DDQ, so 26 a year?

Which, with 15 4*'s in the game, means I will be able to fully cover them in a few decades. Assuming they don't add more 4*'s.
    well if you play so liitle, you don't NEED 4*s