Patch Notes - R83 (09/08/15)

Comments

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    raisinbman wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    [...] they really hate adding villains for some reason.
    apparently, a lot of players focus on personal favorite characters, so general engagement is probably better with heroes.
    when are they gonna let me "focus" on spiderman?

What, you mean that new 1* Spidey isn't enough to satisfy your Spider-Man craving? Just max him out and you will wreck everyone in pvp! icon_lol.gif
  • raisinbman wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    apparently, a lot of players focus on personal favorite characters, so general engagement is probably better with heroes.
    when are they gonna let me "focus" on spiderman?

What, you mean that new 1* Spidey isn't enough to satisfy your Spider-Man craving? Just max him out and you will wreck everyone in pvp! icon_lol.gif
    if only....they shoulda did a 1*Spidey PVP so new players could have a "new experience" like they promised...would've been fun
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    if only....they shoulda did a 1*Spidey PVP so new players could have a "new experience" like they promised...would've been fun

They delivered a new experience for new players, like they said. When you start the game, there is a different tutorial with 5 nodes about Doom attacking a ship somewhere. You get IM35, then Storm, then Spidey, then you go into the Prologue. I played the 5 nodes but didn't bother playing thru the Prologue again. And a 1* PVP is a horrible idea.

A fresh, new player experience for those entering the game for the first time.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

They delivered a new experience for new players, like they said. When you start the game, there is a different tutorial with 5 nodes about Doom attacking a ship somewhere. You get IM35, then Storm, then Spidey, then you go into the Prologue. I played the 5 nodes but didn't bother playing thru the Prologue again. And a 1* PVP is a horrible idea.

I would have liked some acknowledgement of his arrival for the general public though. Maybe something like the old 1*-only pvp but not tied to the season, just a one-off extra for people who want to play with their new tinyspidey.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you mean?
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Players can no(W) sell Health Packs, Iso-8 and Hero Points received from The Vault.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

While I don't mean to call you or anyone else liars, are people really more eager to get Squirrel Girl than say Sabretooth? I can understand that fan favorite heroes might lead to more money, but it's getting so damn stale fighting mostly Moonstone, Ares, Juggs, Yelena, Venom, Daken, and Bullseye (but only 2* Bullseye) in PvE. I've been wrecked by Kingpin and loathe going up again Carnage, but I appreciate the change. There's so many damn good villains just setting there waiting to be brought in. Spidey's rogue gallery, X-Men's rogue gallery, Red Skull, Sabretooth, a better Doom, etc. Just feels like a waste.
  • lukewin wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I would have liked some acknowledgement of his arrival for the general public though. Maybe something like the old 1*-only pvp but not tied to the season, just a one-off extra for people who want to play with their new tinyspidey.
    tinykitty is right lukewin is wrong
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    And a 1* PVP is a horrible idea.

Oh no, I absolutely agree with lukewin that a 1* pvp would be horrifying - imagine shieldhopping to 1k with im35/mstorm/spidey aaaah.

I just wanted more of a random side event with no influence on anything else, like ddq or growth industry that we can play if we want and ignore if we do not. Lone star tourney with no season or alliance component, like a.restricted shield sim.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    And a 1* PVP is a horrible idea.

Oh no, I absolutely agree with lukewin that a 1* pvp would be horrifying - imagine shieldhopping to 1k with im35/mstorm/spidey aaaah.

I just wanted more of a random side event with no influence on anything else, like ddq or growth industry that we can play if we want and ignore if we do not. Lone star tourney with no season or alliance component, like a.restricted shield sim.
    he came during offseason, 1* PVP would be as legitimate as anything else during offseason icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to see a 1* and 2* only versus event. It would give those who are newer to the game a chance to be competitive for a change. I am sure most people on these forums would hate it as they see it as having to use characters below their station, but that would be the whole idea.

Let those who are both new and casual have their chance to shine.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    I would love to see a 1* and 2* only versus event. It would give those who are newer to the game a chance to be competitive for a change. I am sure most people on these forums would hate it as they see it as having to use characters below their station, but that would be the whole idea.

my point exactly
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:

I think most would be fine with this during the offseason.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

Since D3 would put a desirable 4* at 1300 (JG B? Deadfool Purple?) to keep high level players interested, I'm not so sure we'd be OK with it.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

Since D3 would put a desirable 4* at 1300 (JG B? Deadfool Purple?) to keep high level players interested, I'm not so sure we'd be OK with it.
    high level players aren't interested in offseason events in the first place
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    GAY HERCULES, OR GTFO. Seriously.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

high level players aren't interested in offseason events in the first place
    ...what?
    We don't care about score, but we sure care about the prog rewards.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    ...what?
    We don't care about score, but we sure care about the prog rewards.
    if u say so, many high level players take offseason off
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:

Bi Hercules, you mean.

Also, I am hoping for All-New Iceman just so we finally have a heroic LGBT character in the game (unless I missed one somewhere?)
  • Nellobee wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Bi Hercules, you mean.

Also, I am hoping for All-New Iceman just so we finally have a heroic LGBT character in the game (unless I missed one somewhere?)
    daken is lgbt iirc tho I don't know a ton about him
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Bi Hercules, you mean.

daken is lgbt iirc tho I don't know a ton about him

He's not a hero, though. Same goes for Mystique.