Patch Notes - R83 (09/08/15)

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]08/31/2015

*Updated the last line in the notes as it was causing some confusion. The line now reads:

- Fixed a rare bug where players could sell Health Packs, Iso-8 and Hero Points received from The Vault.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification! Now I'm mad curious what you can sell iso, hp and health packs for. 250 iso?
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]08/31/2015

*Updated the last line in the notes as it was causing some confusion. The line now reads:

- Fixed a rare bug where players could sell Health Packs, Iso-8 and Hero Points received from The Vault.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification! Now I'm mad curious what you can sell iso, hp and health packs for. 250 iso?
    Very few people noticed but the same way you can sell a cover when it's on your queue on roster window you could "sell" hp and iso "covers" for the very same amount of hp and iso they were worth, but before retrieving them. So you could either close/confirm the prize or sell for the same amount. No gain or loss there but seems it was an issue.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    When do these patches usually come? I'm trying to work out a pattern in when the previews are posted and the patch goes live but I can't lol. So far the only thing I've seen thus far is the updates usually occur on Mondays about a week after the preview.
    So next Monday is my guess?

I'm so impatient on this new 4* method seriously. I'm getting agitated as hell. My problem, though, obviously LOL

highly doubt next monday . next monday is a hoilday in the states so i would guess next week. I doubt they would release it on friday and have noone in the office till tuesday

This is their modus operandi. Fire off a mandatory update Friday afternoon, wait half an hour to see all the outrage and support tickets then knock off early and go to the pub. Works even better of the following Monday is a public holiday. Double points if there is an event with a new character release.

When does The Hunt start again? :rolleyes:
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    When do these patches usually come? I'm trying to work out a pattern in when the previews are posted and the patch goes live but I can't lol. So far the only thing I've seen thus far is the updates usually occur on Mondays about a week after the preview.
    So next Monday is my guess?

I'm so impatient on this new 4* method seriously. I'm getting agitated as hell. My problem, though, obviously LOL

highly doubt next monday . next monday is a hoilday in the states so i would guess next week. I doubt they would release it on friday and have noone in the office till tuesday

This is their modus operandi. Fire off a mandatory update Friday afternoon, wait half an hour to see all the outrage and support tickets then knock off early and go to the pub. Works even better of the following Monday is a public holiday. Double points if there is an event with a new character release.

When does The Hunt start again? :rolleyes:

I understand your sarcasm.. but i think the last 2 updates were both during new releases actually.. They may have to update during the release event to make sure the new char works as planned.. imagine pulling the new guy from your first token and having him/her not working.. that would be worse.

just speculation, but this could be why updates seem to be during release events.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]What's New...
    Supposedly Jean's purple has been nerfed, but I haven't seen any official mention of this. With a gauntlet (and presumably ultron bombs) upcoming, it would be good if someone in red could comment please.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]What's New...
    Supposedly Jean's purple has been nerfed, but I haven't seen any official mention of this. With a gauntlet (and presumably ultron bombs) upcoming, it would be good if someone in red could comment please.

punisherspidermanelektra-127000.png

The woman in red has replied.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was there ever confirmation that her purple affects Ultron bombs in the first place? I searched the topic and only found speculation.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was there ever confirmation that her purple affects Ultron bombs in the first place? I searched the topic and only found speculation.
    Feel free to offer an interpretation that makes Ultron bombs not an "enemy special tile". Since they've changed the in-game text so it no longer simply refers to "enemy special tiles", they must consider this description to include Ultron bombs.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Feel free to offer an interpretation that makes Ultron bombs not an "enemy special tile". Since they've changed the in-game text so it no longer simply refers to "enemy special tiles", they must consider this description to include Ultron bombs.

It's the same type of text (any "chosen" tile) to describe IW Blue and 3* Cap Red and Blue abilities, which do work on Ultron Bombs (which led to the speculation). Guess the description change is to make sure that Jean Purple isn't able to be used against Ultron to disable his Drop Tiles.

Her original ability was: Level 4 - Converts enemy special tiles of any type. This is pretty much saying anything to me, which is why they specify tiles now to get around it I guess? At least it still specifies invis tiles in her ability, but not charged tiles which is a whole other weirdo topic.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    A good way to do the 4 stars would be to do what they did for ant man but more often (weekly?) and keep it as difficult. That way they aren't giving it away like daily deadpool but people still have more access.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Well, at least this Jean change means that most likely she's not gonna be in the final Ultron node of the Gauntlet. Unfortunately, I'm expecting 4Pool to be sitting right there next to him to prevent Mega Whales, so the fact that we CAN make match-5's is little consolation.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, at least this Jean change means that most likely she's not gonna be in the final Ultron node of the Gauntlet. Unfortunately, I'm expecting 4Pool to be sitting right there next to him to prevent Mega Whales, so the fact that we CAN make match-5's is little consolation.
    ugh - never finished a gauntlet but I'd hate to see 4pool next to ultron so whaling isn't an option - that would just be mean spirited.
  • Shh. Don't give the devs devious team ideas...
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    You could still use a DP TU
  • Azoic wrote:
    You could still use a DP TU

If DP is on the opposing roster, it will also block DP TU use.
  • K8ee wrote:
    Shh. Don't give the devs devious team ideas...
    too late....they already did tetris ultron + characters, I'm sure we're going to get captain falcon + muscle, jean grey + anyone, Thing + deadpool + tetris ultron/etc
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    The 10 rings suggestion would be very clever but the 'dive in' and 'sportin' make me feel like it has to be Silver Surfer

I'd love it to be the 2 Bobby's though, Da Costa for Rio and Drake for Pyeongchang
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    they unstickied it but I'm still on r82. looking forward to seeing this - when will it roll out?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    We don't know. They don't know, because Google and Apple approval processes for updates are a black box. Topics unsticky automatically when they've been up for a certain length of time (two weeks?).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    We don't know. They don't know, because Google and Apple approval processes for updates are a black box. Topics unsticky automatically when they've been up for a certain length of time (two weeks?).
    The length of time for a stickied topic varies depending on what the mod or admin sets it to. It can be anywhere from one day to forever, I believe.

As far as update releases, they usually happen on Mondays,. but with the US holiday this Monday they may shoot for a different date.