Patch Notes - R83 (09/08/15)

Comments

• Der_Lex wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    GAY HERCULES, OR GTFO. Seriously.

Bi Hercules, you mean.

Also, I am hoping for All-New Iceman just so we finally have a heroic LGBT character in the game (unless I missed one somewhere?)
    daken is lgbt iirc tho I don't know a ton about him

He's not a hero, though. Same goes for Mystique.
    missed the hero part, yeah
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    raisinbman wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    ...what?
    We don't care about score, but we sure care about the prog rewards.
    if u say so, many high level players take offseason off

High level players do go for progs in off season events. Shielding is another question altogether.

I think in Slice 1 they even hop and shield.
  • nic13 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    ...what?

High level players do go for progs in off season events. Shielding is another question altogether.

maybe in your slice
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    ...what?
    And the idea of playing on an even playing field with others for these rewards is just outlandish im guessing?

Especially even with you having the same resources, you're broader knowledge would make it easier.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    ...what?
    And the idea of playing on an even playing field with others for these rewards is just outlandish im guessing?

Especially even with you having the same resources, you're broader knowledge would make it easier.
    We are always on an even playing field when going for prog rewards - all I see from 900 are others with maxed out rosters.

But going to 1300 in these off-season events is not worth it if I can't make it on 1 or 2 shields.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I would love to see a 1* and 2* only versus event. It would give those who are newer to the game a chance to be competitive for a change. I am sure most people on these forums would hate it as they see it as having to use characters below their station, but that would be the whole idea.

Let those who are both new and casual have their chance to shine.

The problem with this would be the vets that have 2* rosters still, and the experience of knowing how to play PVP at a high level / hitting 1k (shielding, lining up queues, etc.) would have that leg up of experience on those that are newer to the game or only with 1*/2* rosters. I'd be all for it, since I have all the 2* at 94, except for Moonstone at lvl 70 and Bullseye at lvl 40, and the ISO to level them in an instant, along with a OBW dupe at lvl 15.
  • lukewin
    raisinbman wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    And a 1* PVP is a horrible idea.
    I would have liked some acknowledgement of his arrival for the general public though. Maybe something like the old 1*-only pvp but not tied to the season, just a one-off extra for people who want to play with their new tinyspidey.
    tinykitty is right lukewin is wrong

Oh no, I absolutely agree with lukewin that a 1* pvp would be horrifying - imagine shieldhopping to 1k with im35/mstorm/spidey aaaah.

I just wanted more of a random side event with no influence on anything else, like ddq or growth industry that we can play if we want and ignore if we do not. Lone star tourney with no season or alliance component, like a.restricted shield sim.

Hmmm, I guess that means I'm right and dr tinykittylove is right, meaning raisinbman is wrong, no surprise. Because raisinbman said "if only....they shoulda did a 1*Spidey PVP so new players could have a "new experience" like they promised...would've been fun" but his reading comprehension/memory was wrong, because they actually said A fresh, new player experience for those entering the game for the first time.

I do agree with dr tinykittylove, that it would've been nice to see some fanfare for the new character, Spidey, but I am also glad that they didn't make him a reward in PVE, like other new characters. That would've been a pain.
  • lukewin
    nic13 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

high level players aren't interested in offseason events in the first place
    ...what?

Agree with Bowgentle and nic13. Thing yellow was 1k in one of the offseason events. High level / most players were interested in getting that cover, so raisinbman's quote of them not being interested is wrong. I'd be more inclined to believe the opinion of high level pvp players that have the experience, than someone that has to ask what teams are needed to shield hop and can't figure it out themselves, about issues regarding PVP, off season or in season.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Couple of things.. The Hint... may not be for the new character at all.. did anyone consider that? New ways to earn 4*'s, both cities are places where tournament events are.. Rio was the home of The Arena in Marvel, and Pyongyang is where Spidey started his revolution.. This may be new storyline content release spoilers.

Doubtful, but hopeful.

ok edit for posting before coffee... it is not in fact Pyonyang in the spoiler, but Pyeongchang.. so, i am wrong about that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    ok edit for posting before coffee... it is not in fact Pyonyang in the spoiler, but Pyeongchang.. so, i am wrong about that.
    I didn't even know these were different cities, I just assumed it was a spelling variation. The more you know...
    (On the other hand, I should have realized the Olympics in North Korea would be a no go)
  • Malcrof
    Quebbster wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    I didn't even know these were different cities, I just assumed it was a spelling variation. The more you know...
    (On the other hand, I should have realized the Olympics in North Korea would be a no go)

Now that i am awake and caffeinated.. it is Namor , Dive into.. and summer games have swimming/diving...

Winter olympics probably the Iceman cometh.

once again, i am usually wrong.. so take that as it is.

Also.. 1* Spidey was absolutely available in every PVE.. those shiny silver tokens you get by the hundreds while farming iso in PVE is how i covered mine..
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    When do these patches usually come? I'm trying to work out a pattern in when the previews are posted and the patch goes live but I can't lol. So far the only thing I've seen thus far is the updates usually occur on Mondays about a week after the preview.
    So next Monday is my guess?

I'm so impatient on this new 4* method seriously. I'm getting agitated as hell. My problem, though, obviously LOL
  • Malcrof
    JordonLee wrote:
    When do these patches usually come? I'm trying to work out a pattern in when the previews are posted and the patch goes live but I can't lol. So far the only thing I've seen thus far is the updates usually occur on Mondays about a week after the preview.

I'm so impatient on this new 4* method seriously. I'm getting agitated as hell. My problem, though, obviously LOL

The D3 patch for consoles should be today or tomorrow...

Diablo 3 that is.. no idea about MPQ.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:

The D3 patch for consoles should be today or tomorrow...

Diablo 3 that is.. no idea about MPQ.

I exhaled slightly more than usual at that, so I guess you win haha.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    08/31/2015

*Updated the last line in the notes as it was causing some confusion. The line now reads:

- Fixed a rare bug where players could sell Health Packs, Iso-8 and Hero Points received from The Vault.

Thanks!
  • JordonLee wrote:

there's not gonna be much of a pattern since D3's patches have to go through different stores verification processes.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    JordonLee wrote:

highly doubt next monday . next monday is a hoilday in the states so i would guess next week. I doubt they would release it on friday and have noone in the office till tuesday
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    It's been said, but given the pictures and characters, I assumed Rio meant Sunspot and the korean word meant

Korean (comics characters, not necessarily only from Marvel)

Amadeus Cho

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Koreans

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ite-750349

Or maybe her.

Though I truly hope it's Iceman. He's long overdue.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Trying living there with other English speaking people. 삼송 (Samsong) and 삼성 (Samseong) are two different subway stops, and the only difference is the length of the O sound. Compared to English, they have very little variety of sounds, so take a look at a map and try to figure out, did that girl say she was from Cheongju, Cheonju, Chanju, Changju, Chonju, Chongju? Gwanju, maybe? How many of those are real places?

So, yeah, I made the same mistake about Pyongyang and Pyeongchang. I was shocked they'd try to put the Olympics on in North Korea!

By the way, it's the same O difference between the two. The first is pronounced like the letter O, and the second is like trying to make the same sound in a third of the time, and sometimes sounds a bit like AW or UH, though it shouldn't, really.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    [...] they really hate adding villains for some reason.
    apparently, a lot of players focus on personal favorite characters, so general engagement is probably better with heroes.

While I don't mean to call you or anyone else liars, are people really more eager to get Squirrel Girl than say Sabretooth? I can understand that fan favorite heroes might lead to more money, but it's getting so damn stale fighting mostly Moonstone, Ares, Juggs, Yelena, Venom, Daken, and Bullseye (but only 2* Bullseye) in PvE. I've been wrecked by Kingpin and loathe going up again Carnage, but I appreciate the change. There's so many damn good villains just setting there waiting to be brought in. Spidey's rogue gallery, X-Men's rogue gallery, Red Skull, Sabretooth, a better Doom, etc. Just feels like a waste.
    There's really nothing to call me a liar for (not that you were). I was speculating, not stating a fact. And yeah, Squirrel Girl is a niche character, you're right on that. But another thing they do with character releases is line up their timing with what's new and current in Marvel comics and movie releases. Squirrel Girl was released when her series was new, 4* Thor lined up with her introduction in the comics, Thing and Mr. Fantastic were around the time of the F4 movie release, etc. If Sabertooth gets a big push in movies or comics, it'll definitely improve the odds of him showing up in the game.