**** Iceman (All New X-Men) ****

Options

Comments

• Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for putting an LGBT hero in the game finally! (Note this is All-New Iceman!)
    More, plx.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (Build a Snowman) Bobby stuns the target for 2 turns and places a 4-turn Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, this power becomes Punch a Snowman
    (Punch a Snowman) Iceman deals 457 damage. Destroys all of Iceman's Countdown tiles.

Semantic question... shouldn't the latter sentence be "Destroys Iceman's Countdown tile"? (As the one countdown tile from 1st activation of blue is destroyed upon the 2nd activation, I'm not sure how there could be multiple countdowns onscreen at once)
    IW force bubble
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    IW force bubble
    Hey now, don't forget about Bag-Man!
  • IceIX wrote:
    Let's hope their Character Selection Art does not look too similar. Sometimes I get confused with Cyclops and Daredevil since their face models look similar.
    Definitely won't be an issue with these two.
    So a non-ice version, just the blue uniform to match Jean appearance used?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    Thanks for putting an LGBT hero in the game finally! (Note this is All-New Iceman!)
    More, plx.

Seriously, let's see America Chavez as a 4*. We know you guys are Young Avengers fans!
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    More, plx.

It wouldn't be detrimental if it were not, but it'd be nice for some acknowledgement in his bio.
    Idk why. Could be sommat like "Jean Grey helped him learn more about himself yadda yadda"

That'd be cool lol. I'm excited, none-the-less.
  • IceIX
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    So a non-ice version, just the blue uniform to match Jean appearance used?
    Ice version, but Silver Surfer looks very silver/chrome-y with just the upper bust showing while staring off to the side a little. Iceman is blue/white with shoulders showing and looking directly at the screen.
  • IceIX
    Options
    JordonLee wrote:
    It wouldn't be detrimental if it were not, but it'd be nice for some acknowledgement in his bio.
    Idk why. Could be sommat like "Jean Grey helped him learn more about himself yadda yadda"

That'd be cool lol. I'm excited, none-the-less.
    The current bio ends with: "Brought forward in time by the present day Hank McCoy, the teenage Iceman adventures with the other original X-Men, learning new things about his new home, his powers, and himself."
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    More, plx.
    I am pretty sure Colossus is considered gay. If I remember correctly he had a big crush on wolverine in the comics and that was one of the reasons he moved back to Russia.

I could be completely wrong too.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:
    More, plx.
    I am pretty sure Colossus is considered gay. If I remember correctly he had a big crush on wolverine in the comics and that was one of the reasons he moved back to Russia.

I could be completely wrong too.

Ultimate Colossus is, but not 616.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    This version is the All New X-Men, so younger Bobby, not oldster spiky Drake.
    Gay bobby?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Please

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3tePqKTjZtJZHtklzrq5kL0vde_2U02OxGOOuYMVC_iZidcIi3whDdtDCsg

WHOA! What story arc is that old version from?
    Amazing icon_eek.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    edited September 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Hey now, don't forget about Bag-Man!

I never do. icon_neutral.gif

(Bag-buffs, please!)
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Options
    I'm torn. I know my opinion doesn't matter but on the one hand, I'm extremely excited that Iceman is making it into the game (possible top tier no less). On the other hand, I'm extremely disappointed by choosing younger Bobby purely from an artistic point of view and nothing to do with the character himself. The spiky Iceman is far more visually interesting and I was really looking forward to seeing what the Demiurge artists could do with that form. There are some exceptions, but in general, I love the art in this game.

This is one of those cases where I would 100% buy a different skin of a character. Chances are, I won't ever see the version of Iceman that I want to play because he'll likely only come in the form of a 3* or less (which will cause me to uninstall immediately) or a 5* that will take years to complete.

allnewxmen1-316x480.jpg
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Please

Amazing icon_eek.gif

*Helpful spoiler tag added to answer:
    It's from the time travel arc at the beginning of All New X-men, an "X-Men" from the future traveled back to the past, to yell at the old X-Men, for traveling from the past to the present.

Then another X-Men team from the future arrived, and it turned out one was actually a Brotherhood, and ... yeah. Time Travel.

Older Ice man was attacking people with Ice Golems even.
  • Haetron wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Please

Amazing icon_eek.gif
    It's from the time travel arc at the beginning of All New X-men, an "X-Men" from the future traveled back to the past, to yell at the old X-Men, for traveling from the past to the present.

Then another X-Men team from the future arrived, and it turned out one was actually a Brotherhood, and ... yeah. Time Travel.

Older Ice man was attacking people with Ice Golems even.
    Or you could have said

All new xmen, battle of the atom arc

And let him discover what it was about :p
  • Oops. I did spoil the twist there. MY BAD. Its still a good arc worth reading.
  • Marc_Spector
    Options
    It's ok!! (re: those spoilers.) I was planning on reading all of ANXM at *some* point, but that pic alone has accelerated those plans maybe tenfold. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,001 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sounds like a 3 star moves dont even seem powerful enough to make it a 4 star
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    sounds like a 3 star moves dont even seem powerful enough to make it a 4 star

How many 3 stars have 14k hp and do 7k damage to the entire enemy team for 12 AP, with a 4 turn stun for only 6 AP, and 8k damage single target for another 6 AP, along with a color generator and AP drainer?