**** Iceman (All New X-Men) ****

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Isay_Isay wrote:
    So this is a modified version of the old Cold Snap environmental move? Mutant Revolutionary was a modified version for Forest Fire, so hopefully someone down the road will get the gamebreaking Hot Dog Stand.
    We were just talking about this yesterday. Total Jubilee move.

Chili Dog - 7 purpletile.png AP
    Jubilee stops to enjoy a world class chili dog, restoring 50 health. The sudden break in the action confuses the enemy team, stunning them for 1 turn.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chili Dog? So you're saying that 20 years later we still don't know if a mall babe eats chili fries?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far I think Iceman and Doctor Strange are the strongest theories. Therefore, I'm gonna break with the pack and say it's Jessica Jones, just so I can have bragging rights on the extremely tiny chance that I'm right.
  • Dev93L
    Dev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Here you go guys, Iceman is finally here. Or will be soon, rather.
  • I could see it being Nightcrawler? <_<

Especially if his countdown tile has him vanish while it's on the board or something.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I think Iceman, if not my second guess would be Silver Surfer

On the bright side, if it is Iceman, it looks like that questionnaire about characters we want meant for something, as it looks like most people voted for Jean Grey, Iceman and on the existing character front FalCap and Spider-Man ( icon_lol.gif ) seemed popular answers too
  • phoenixrising2791
    Options
    Hehehehe. This is SS!

icon_e_smile.gif
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    q7zlv.jpg
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    So far I think Iceman and Doctor Strange are the strongest theories. Therefore, I'm gonna break with the pack and say it's Jessica Jones, just so I can have bragging rights on the extremely tiny chance that I'm right.

4* Hulk perhaps? Double negative of Hulkbuster-buster leaves you with just Hulk.
  • There is some weight to the theory that it's Jessica Jones as she will be having a Netflix series in a few months. <_<
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not sure they would give Jessica Jones a Purple power...
  • The powers also look like a similar aspect to Human Torch, adding fuel to the Iceman fire
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was totally on the iceman hype train but the upcoming patch notes preview had this line "Rio de Janeiro, Pyeongchang. Whole lotta sportin' coming up!" as a hint for upcoming character.

That does not seem to fit to iceman theme now does it?
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    Everyone's guessing Iceman/Surfer, but I gotta go against the grain here. This could be Namor.

The first part of the patch hint fits perfectly. Rio -> Summer Olympics -> Swimming. And the anti-red powers also point that way.

Also, I like not knowing who's next.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Setting up delayed explosions?

Converting colors?

This could only mean one thing...

X-Men-Jubilee.gif
  • My money is on Mandarin. The hint lists two olympics sites, the Olympic Logo is 5 rings, 2 times 5 is 10 rings. Someone pointed this out elsewhere.

Edit: And further, Mandarin is Iron Man's arch enemy, thus, "Hulkbuster-Buster"
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sweet! Finally! This has to be Speedball at last.
  • Sweet! Finally! This has to be Speedball at last.
    i think it's shuma gorath
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A guy in my alliance also suggested Mandarin, pretty good chances. They have not released a 4* villain since carnage and 5 hero's so we would b about due for a villian
  • Plus adding more villains lets them spice up the typical dark avengers roster you face.