Black Widow (Original) - 2*

Options

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    "Level 5: 50% heal with enemy countdown timers present. " I just got my 5th blue cover LAST NIGHT and this is now gone.... its 545 or 1090 with no countdown tiles..... gee thanks guys!
    This is still an accurate description.

However, the healing no longer carries over outside of the fight. Think of "healing" now as a temporary health buffer for the duration of the fight. You leave the fight with the lowest health reached at any point during the fight.
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Booo.... maybe I just misunderstood... when i see 50% heal i'm thinking of max health points.... sounds like i misinterpreted and its 50% of what you'd normally get.

Move along, nothing to see here! I'm still getting slaughtered, lol!

MEOW!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm right with you. I've invested my time and my money into OBW in hopes to be competitive and play to gain other characters. But with the new changes, I've lost my motivation to play. I was sneaking in games and trying to maximize my play time and going as long as I could.

I must say, I do acknowlegde the effort to increase 3* characters and access to them, but I can't promise I'll be remotivated to play.
    The only hopes of me continuing is if I get lucky and get the perfect power cards for the one 3* character I've been dying to play with... How the hell will that happen?
    D3 and Demiurge can't even listen to the consumer, how can I expect the game to read my mind?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think there might have been a change from the details that were posted on her character thread. Long long ago but I don't remember. You copied them from there, right?
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    I get the true healing thing and am more or less OK with that. I remember how it was before my OBW got going and not being able to keep up.

Then I got her usable and I don't think I used more than 1-2 health packs in a play session, I for sure never used them all. I never even prologued heal once, even though I knew how to do it from early on, never needed to.

Then things changed, and now I feel MMR is catching up with me and with the True Healing I'm in this limbo until I can get it back down (or figure out what I need to do to get it down).

The **** part is I was well on the road to 5k, and now i'm hovering around 4100 and even shielded at the last day of the last event so I could get my last pun cover, still don't know where the hell i'm going to get the rest or the hp but i figured "viable lvl3 long term for 300HP, i'll go for it"....point is i don't think i'm going to shield at the end of any further events and i'm losing ground bigtime since i can't sustain a play session.

2* wolvie, 2* thor, 2* obw at like 76 and i was going to try to bring up mn mags (30) and daken (49)... but with the recent changes all the 85s i get put up against almost immediately i'm kind of wondering. I also have m storm covered and i haven't leveled her at all otherwise only have covers for trash (bag man, moonstone). the 3rd on pun is my best 3*

i'm thinking that was the wrong decision not to level up my mains right away, i figured it might help keep me against lower teams while i level up a b squad but its looking more and more like i just put myself into the ISO sahara.

If anyone gets this far and has any thoughts on that i'm all ears!
  • Marvelous
    Marvelous Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Well all I can see is this change sucks to OBW. I'm just glad I got a chance to use her when you could heal up your characters outside of the events.. There are plenty of new players that will never know that luxury.. I don't have a super kick **** roster so OBW was one of my top characters in my roster. Not being able to help my self during events either means I'd have to spend crazy amounts of money each and every event to place well (which I don't have or would want to do.) I can not longer invest huge amounts of time, in hopes of doing well. If anything this game has FORCED me to play less.. I'm just not nor can I dump money into this.. I'm just playing a LOT LESS now.. probably find something else I can dump more time into soon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You didn't waste time putting resources into OBW if you have a 2 star team. She is still the most crucial 2 star character even with the heal changes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    so whats the consencus on OBW now? still 355 or has it shifted to 535?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    coolbond wrote:

If you are still in 2* phase, and playing lots of PvP, 3/5/5 is the way to go

If you are done with 2* have a solid 3* deck and never use OBW anymore then she's only useful in PvE and having her 5/3/5 or 5/4/4 is much better.

The only differnce in 5/4/4 vs. 5/3/5 is 5/4/4 you give up a little damage for 1 extra CD timer where 5/3/5 will give you max steal and max damage, but is in theory a little more defensive liable.

5/4/4
    Steal 4 every color, increase CD timer by 4, do 61 bonus damage on tile matches
    5/3/5
    Steal 4 every color, increase CD timer by 3, do 122 bonus damage on tile matches

So is 61 dmg worth one less CD timer, or is 1 CD timer, worth giving up 61 dmg?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    dr34dz wrote:
    I'm right with you. I've invested my time and my money into OBW in hopes to be competitive and play to gain other characters. But with the new changes, I've lost my motivation to play. I was sneaking in games and trying to maximize my play time and going as long as I could.

I must say, I do acknowlegde the effort to increase 3* characters and access to them, but I can't promise I'll be remotivated to play.
    The only hopes of me continuing is if I get lucky and get the perfect power cards for the one 3* character I've been dying to play with... How the hell will that happen?
    D3 and Demiurge can't even listen to the consumer, how can I expect the game to read my mind?

You put money into a 2*?

Why?
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her match damage with Punpun's strike tiles in the current PVE is zomg-worthy.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I have long transitioned to 3*s. I have a 3/5/5 oBW who I often thought of making 5 purple, but then I always stopped right there at the thought step. I want 5 in blue, too, and 5 in black is a must. So I always threw out extra purple covers. Am building a second oBW for PvE and she's 3/2/3 atm and likely to be 3/5/5 as well. Have already thrown out an extra purple.

It looks like people are disregarding the blue now even more, but to me, being able to throw a 'shield' even with CDs present is a life-saver.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    coolbond wrote:

If you are still in 2* phase, and playing lots of PvP, 3/5/5 is the way to go

If you are done with 2* have a solid 3* deck and never use OBW anymore then she's only useful in PvE and having her 5/3/5 or 5/4/4 is much better.

The only differnce in 5/4/4 vs. 5/3/5 is 5/4/4 you give up a little damage for 1 extra CD timer where 5/3/5 will give you max steal and max damage, but is in theory a little more defensive liable.

5/4/4
    Steal 4 every color, increase CD timer by 4, do 61 bonus damage on tile matches
    5/3/5
    Steal 4 every color, increase CD timer by 3, do 122 bonus damage on tile matches

So is 61 dmg worth one less CD timer, or is 1 CD timer, worth giving up 61 dmg?

It seems to me that it depends largely on the situation. Increasing CD timers by an extra turn is more vital to me in PVE than in PVP. I don't know if it would help much in PVP. There's an advantage to stealing AP quicker in PVP. Espionage requires OBW to make matches.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I have long transitioned to 3*s. I have a 3/5/5 oBW who I often thought of making 5 purple, but then I always stopped right there at the thought step. I want 5 in blue, too, and 5 in black is a must. So I always threw out extra purple covers. Am building a second oBW for PvE and she's 3/2/3 atm and likely to be 3/5/5 as well. Have already thrown out an extra purple.

It looks like people are disregarding the blue now even more, but to me, being able to throw a 'shield' even with CDs present is a life-saver.

I dont' really lose life with Goons, and her blue putting 4 extra counters on those CD timers is essentially a shield anyway. In addition, unless I'm stuck in Heroic like right now, I'm not running her much anyway. The 5 purple is oh so helpful because it accelerates you into your abilties that much faster which allows you to cast abilties faster, thus end the match faster, thus negating the heal anyway. So far I've only missed the 5 blue a couple times against Ares, when he Sundered me and I'll i could do was delay the counter not heal. If you are afraid to lose 5 blue, you could always try 4/5/4 and see what you think. stealing 4 AP but purple is still really good, you get all the benefits of blue, the 61 dmg missed is nothing.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Nah, it's either 3 or 5 purple. Maybe I'll build my second Widow 5/5/3 and let her be tanked for by other characters. No healthpacks lost, no strike tiles required either (Thor, HT, BP...)
  • Unknown
    Options
    I use black widow a lot bc of her healing capabilities but I've noticed thy even if my players are healed to a high level, once I have won the battle and I return to the main screen my players lose their health and it doesn't match what was last displayed in the game. I don't recollect this ever happening until recently. Anybody know what's going on?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    True Healing:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10239

There was a pop up in game for it too. Notice how OBW's heal is a lighter color on the health hud
  • Unknown
    Options
    Must have missed it...thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just got massively owned by a OWB + Modern Storm combo. They seemed low level enough, but one small cascade was enough to put the AI into an infinite Aggressive Recon/Mistress of the Elements/Lightning Strike/Anti-Gravity Device chain. Wasn't even close to fair. Am definitely going to try running this combo once I get enough covers.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Just got massively owned by a OWB + Modern Storm combo. They seemed low level enough, but one small cascade was enough to put the AI into an infinite Aggressive Recon/Mistress of the Elements/Lightning Strike/Anti-Gravity Device chain. Wasn't even close to fair. Am definitely going to try running this combo once I get enough covers.
    Yeah if you see that in the Forest or Desert (should it ever return), just stay away. I've lost high level teams to it on more than one occasion.