slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Polares wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Friday, August 21, 2015 - 11:55 AM PST

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the thread. Looks like this was a bug and a fix is being issued ASAP. Community Scaling should be turned off shortly.
    4 hours later, what's status this?

everyone went home to play something else icon_e_smile.gif

I am in the second sub and the enemy levels are quite high, I cant confirm or not if it is still on or not, but it surely seems that it is still on :s

Well, lets look to bright side, after this fisco they will need to run this event twice, so we will have double the chance of getting cap falcon covers icon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

highly doubt they rerun it there is no reason to when later slices get the benifit of it going off.

my nods still going higher not much like up 3 but still going up in the last 4 hours

even if they turn if off its not fair that people grinded the nods early got the easy pts and not the rest of us are force to replay the entire thing to hope we get covers....Nah i think if thats the case i just might be done with this joke of a company.

everyone needs to log off the game and never play again until tuesday that way i can get some covers icon_e_smile.gif
  • Scaling is still on and absolutely evil for me.

Went to bed with goons at 140.
    Woke up to 190.
    Cleared that recently. They're up to 210.
    On the plus side for some reason one node went from level 24/26 goons to 18...

My highest boosted character is 160. Not boosted is 85.

Also I usually set timers for optimal clears, it seems like in-game time might be a little hasty?
  • slidecage
    its 5pm west coast time so dont expect a reply anytime soon

not sure if OFF or everyone in my bracket is afaird to play lol

levels been sitting at 167 but noone scores have moved much.. will know in around 12 hours when i need to refresh
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    went to bed only to wake up to this
    JzGK8ps.png

i was like, damn man did MPQ voodoo up some triple aids for my char or something?

it went from the goons at 120 something to get a boost of over 100 levels, that's just insane....scaling turned off my ***
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed it as well - normally I don't even bother with playing many pve nodes (alliance is mostly PvP), and planned to mostly ignore this PvE, but then I noticed that the 100-150 reward is IRON FIST GREEN, my most wanted *** cover (or maybe tied with Scarlet Witch Blue). I became a MPQ demon and went from 974 to 299 with multiple clears over the course of an hour and a half. I just beat Nights in Tunisia (level 230), and now notice that it is 250 after finishing. I am debating if I have the patience to try another clear. I lucked out with match-5's with my Falcon/Hood/Punisher team last time, but it was pretty much luck. I'd like to think I can work a 299 rank into a top 150 finish in two days if I pay attention to refreshes.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I noticed it as well - normally I don't even bother with playing many pve nodes (alliance is mostly PvP), and planned to mostly ignore this PvE, but then I noticed that the 100-150 reward is IRON FIST GREEN, my most wanted *** cover (or maybe tied with Scarlet Witch Blue). I became a MPQ demon and went from 974 to 299 with multiple clears over the course of an hour and a half. I just beat Nights in Tunisia (level 230), and now notice that it is 250 after finishing. I am debating if I have the patience to try another clear. I lucked out with match-5's with my Falcon/Hood/Punisher team last time, but it was pretty much luck. I'd like to think I can work a 299 rank into a top 150 finish in two days if I pay attention to refreshes.

I think Iron Fist green will be the top progression reward in the next event if you miss out on it in this event, too.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the info! I made it up to 263 in the event (and 53 in the current sub), so I have some hope that I can manage a top 150 finish. Hood / Punisher / Falcon can really be a monster PvE team if the tiles are feeling at all charitable.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    That grind was brutal. The 2x muscle with 18k health and bullseye with 14k or something I can't remember. Level 325 or something a bit higher maybe.

My px is scaled to 260 but I was using teams mostly w my highest at lvl 185.

That is not what I call fun.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    nwman wrote:

no, this is what you call hell, its hot down here, try to stay hydrated.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    nwman wrote:
    That grind was brutal. The 2x muscle with 18k health and bullseye with 14k or something I can't remember. Level 325 or something a bit higher maybe.

My px is scaled to 260 but I was using teams mostly w my highest at lvl 185.

Found that Blade, Falcon, SW cut through those nodes super easy even at 300+ leveled. Was scared of them at first, but i hit the right combo and ground those 3 nodes to nothing. Preferred those over the essentials.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny, I didn't see so many complaints when it was only the vets who had that scaling.

Welcome to our world.
  • DFiPL
    Some of us were quite vociferous about the unnecessary nature of community scaling even when the scaling we were seeing was 100 levels below what the "vets" saw.

I think you mean "welcome back."
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Some of us were quite vociferous about the unnecessary nature of community scaling even when the scaling we were seeing was 100 levels below what the "vets" saw.

I think you mean "welcome back."
    Yeah.

I still believe a general reset of scaling for everyone is the only fair way to go forward.
    But that's obviously not going to happen, for whatever reason.
  • slidecage
    still going up at least here not as bad but still going up last stage is 250 now
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Friday, August 21, 2015 - 11:55 AM PST

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the thread. Looks like this was a bug and a fix is being issued ASAP. Community Scaling should be turned off shortly.
    4 hours later, what's status this?

everyone went home to play something else icon_e_smile.gif

I am in the second sub and the enemy levels are quite high, I cant confirm or not if it is still on or not, but it surely seems that it is still on :s

Well, lets look to bright side, after this fisco they will need to run this event twice, so we will have double the chance of getting cap falcon covers icon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

If everyone has community scaling, not just some, they will not rerun the event. Everyone is playing under the same conditions. The event may be less fun, but there's unfortunately a lack of a justification to run again just bc it's not more fun.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yeah.

I still believe a general reset of scaling for everyone is the only fair way to go forward.
    But that's obviously not going to happen, for whatever reason.

I am in favor of a one time reset for personal scaling. It would help balance out the X-force/Thor nerfs for those that used them in PVE and ended up with the 395 leveled enemies.

Also, it would give me a huge advantage, almost on par with those that underlevel at 94 or 120. As a player with a lvl 70 of every 4* except for IMHB, and 21 lvl 40 3* dupes, it would allow me to fly thru PVEs with low scaling with decent covered 3*s. I would only use my 3* dupes and possibly a lot of my 2*s, just so that my initial levels would never rise.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    I am in favor of a one time reset for personal scaling.
    I'm even more in favor of a complete elimination of "personal" scaling. If they want to do roster scaling, that's fine, but there's no reason to penalize a player for playing the game well, and giving him harder opponents than someone with the exact same roster. And when this pipe dream happens, evaluate the rosters according to covers, not levels.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    I'm even more in favor of a complete elimination of "personal" scaling. If they want to do roster scaling, that's fine, but there's no reason to penalize a player for playing the game well, and giving him harder opponents than someone with the exact same roster. And when this pipe dream happens, evaluate the rosters according to covers, not levels.

That hardly seems fair to people who regularly max out a character's weakest powers because thats the way the covers happened to fall for them. You're going to tell me that a 5/0/0 Squirrel Girl or Steve Rogers is as good as a 0/0/5 or 5/0/0 Cyclops? How about that 0/0/5 Deadpool, he's an asset to every roster!

What about players who have better luck covering support characters like Falcon or Spider-Man or stinker characters like Quicksilver or Vision than they do at covering offensive characters like Thor or Iron Fist?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Cymmina wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

That hardly seems fair to people who regularly max out a character's weakest powers because thats the way the covers happened to fall for them. You're going to tell me that a 5/0/0 Squirrel Girl or Steve Rogers is as good as a 0/0/5 or 5/0/0 Cyclops? How about that 0/0/5 Deadpool, he's an asset to every roster!

What about players who have better luck covering support characters like Falcon or Spider-Man or stinker characters like Quicksilver or Vision than they do at covering offensive characters like Thor or Iron Fist?

Simon is more referring to the people that have 5+ pages of max covered 3/4* characters all at the same level between 70-120.
  • DFiPL
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Thanks for the info! I made it up to 263 in the event (and 53 in the current sub), so I have some hope that I can manage a top 150 finish. Hood / Punisher / Falcon can really be a monster PvE team if the tiles are feeling at all charitable.

Looks like I was wrong. Iron Fist black is the progression reward in the next one.