if scaling is turned off then why are my ranks going higher

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    turn_it_off_ian_stevenson.jpg
  • Ya the freeze buddy node i have yet to beat.. one token goes off and then its 1500+ on each three connect for the comp.. its not fun at all.. And the Red Iso 8 in the snow has gone in to level 200 from 160 or so and ive only beat it twice.. now they are all 35+ levels higher then my highest boosted character
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    Thought I was going crazy when I went to do my 2nd clear on the first sub-node this morning and some goons had increased by 106 levels. After only clearing once...12 hours ago.

I don't care so much about my placement in PVE events, top 300 in a sub-node to get a token pull and I do them to generate resources. I do care about being able to get enough points to get all the progression rewards though. This has definitely made that more challenging!

I can feel the community scaling PTSD creeping back in.
  • I still relatively new and haven't ever seen red "Hard" nodes before. Happy to hear that's a glitch - not sure if I'll be able to take out level 230s with my max-level 94 roster in the meantime.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Friday, August 21, 2015 - 11:55 AM PST

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the thread. Looks like this was a bug and a fix is being issued ASAP. Community Scaling should be turned off shortly.
    Thank you again sir, the sooner the better, I have to make my next clear in an hour...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    "David wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the thread. Looks like this was a bug and a fix is being issued ASAP. Community Scaling should be turned off shortly.
    Thank you again sir, the sooner the better, I have to make my next clear in an hour...

i am done with sub 1 even with an hour to go.. have been for past hour, ground trivials and essentals to nothing.. T20 is out of reach now.. final 3 nodes are all max, have been for hours. Time for an easy weekend of shield sim and PVP while remembering who my wife is and maybe going outside once or twice.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I have some advice for the Freeze Buddy node. After wiping to it multiple times, I finally found a team that took it down 3 times in a row: Elektra, Scarlet Witch and Goddess Thor. Now before anyone gets all uppity about "**** Tanis, I don't have those ladies on my roster, this doesn't help at all!!! Rabble Rabble Rabble!!" let me layout the strategy, because its more about that that the particular team composition.

If you happen to have these lovely ladies in a playable state, your goal here is to let a Threaten tile go off (!!) while doing everything in your power to match away Tommy Gun tiles. Scarlet Witch will feed Elektra the purple she needs to steal the threaten tiles, and matching away the tommy guns will give you the blue you need for part B: Stun Bullseye. When a threaten tile has 1 counter left, stun him, and let the tile go off. Cast Double Double Cross. Voila! Your matches now do 3,000+ damage! You should be able to make short work of Bullseye from here, and barring any horrible Tommy Gun tile placement, the remaining muscles will also fold quickly to your newly insane tile matching skills. Thora's yellow can clean up the purple strikes Elektra leaves behind, so if another threaten goes off, you can get even more crazy big strike tiles to steal!

The real trick is to steal the tiles. To that end, Moonstone (being fed black by either Doom or Iron Fist perhaps?) or maybe even Ant Man or She Hulk might work as an alternative. Any stunner can be used to halt Bullseye's tile matching (Daredevil, Spidey, etc) Loki is also a possibility here, but shields instead of swords will make the match take longer, increasing the chances that things can go bad. Any way you slice it, this node S U C K S. I just wanted to offer what advice I was able to help folks get thru this mess. It took me most of my health packs and a lot of cursing to find that team/idea, so hopefully its of some use to some of y'all. Cheers!
  • Malcrof
    tanis3303 wrote:
    I have some advice for the Freeze Buddy node. After wiping to it multiple times, I finally found a team that took it down 3 times in a row: Elektra, Scarlet Witch and Goddess Thor. Now before anyone gets all uppity about "**** Tanis, I don't have those ladies on my roster, this doesn't help at all!!! Rabble Rabble Rabble!!" let me layout the strategy, because its more about that that the particular team composition.

If you happen to have these lovely ladies in a playable state, your goal here is to let a Threaten tile go off (!!) while doing everything in your power to match away Tommy Gun tiles. Scarlet Witch will feed Elektra the purple she needs to steal the threaten tiles, and matching away the tommy guns will give you the blue you need for part B: Stun Bullseye. When a threaten tile has 1 counter left, stun him, and let the tile go off. Cast Double Double Cross. Voila! Your matches now do 3,000+ damage! You should be able to make short work of Bullseye from here, and barring any horrible Tommy Gun tile placement, the remaining muscles will also fold quickly to your newly insane tile matching skills. Thora's yellow can clean up the purple strikes Elektra leaves behind, so if another threaten goes off, you can get even more crazy big strike tiles to steal!

The real trick is to steal the tiles. To that end, Moonstone (being fed black by either Doom or Iron Fist perhaps?) or maybe even Ant Man or She Hulk might work as an alternative. Any stunner can be used to halt Bullseye's tile matching (Daredevil, Spidey, etc) Loki is also a possibility here, but shields instead of swords will make the match take longer, increasing the chances that things can go bad. Any way you slice it, this node S U C K S. I just wanted to offer what advice I was able to help folks get thru this mess. It took me most of my health packs and a lot of cursing to find that team/idea, so hopefully its of some use to some of y'all. Cheers!

Even if you don't have Elektra. grab team ups! Control Shift, Trickery, Double Double Cross, Bullseye or JG team ups.. they work great!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:

Hi everyone,

so what is going to be done about the people who got stuck with insane levels and could not beat them cause their people was not good enough... tell you what make every 4 star an ultron event and all will be forgiven.

nothing will be done about it cause the will say it effected all what it really didnt cause those who grinded early got the pts what others could not cause it scaled too freaking high

TOOO FREAKING HIGH like my pants icon_e_smile.gif
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    i really hope I can still hit the cyclops progression as this mess up is really hurting me on me working towards it to where I almost wanna demand a time extension or a redo.
  • Malcrof
    i really hope I can still hit the cyclops progression as this mess up is really hurting me on me working towards it to where I almost wanna demand a time extension or a redo.

that should be easy.. 2 subs to go, 3 days.. even being shut out of the last 2 1/2 hours of the first sub due to scaling, i am over 12k.. progression is only 27k.. points for nodes get higher the later in the event it gets. You should have no issues reaching progression, even if you don't have the essentials.

Hope this helps.
  • slidecage
    Hey the person looking into the scaling bug... Is it normal for your pt total to go up in each nod.. Not this one but the last one with the STATE PVE.. Those wave nods. Final day when it first opened the nod was like 3500 to 4000. With a full hours to go a full refresh node was worth like 7000 to 8000 and it was the same stage event

I mean someone could grind in the first few hours taking out 4000 while someone could wait till the last 3 hours and get a 8000 pt node to work on ..something dont seem right there
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

that should be easy.. 2 subs to go, 3 days.. even being shut out of the last 2 1/2 hours of the first sub due to scaling, i am over 12k.. progression is only 27k.. points for nodes get higher the later in the event it gets. You should have no issues reaching progression, even if you don't have the essentials.

Hope this helps.

i'm curious to what your scaling is at because mine is at 292-311 in Arctic Circle for Freeze Buddy, Too Cold For Comfort and Red ISO-8 On the Snow to where thug pistols do 3700 damage, hitman rifles do 7400, threaten tiles are 1000+ damage per tile and Tommy Gun is 3000+ damage.

I'm only at 3614 points with 8 hr 56 min left for this sub and i'm getting pistol whipped by what I still consider the most **** enemy group in the game, yes more than ninjas, so yeah i'm feeling pretty damn **** right now.
  • slidecage wrote:
    Hey the person looking into the scaling bug... Is it normal for your pt total to go up in each nod.. Not this one but the last one with the STATE PVE.. Those wave nods. Final day when it first opened the nod was like 3500 to 4000. With a full hours to go a full refresh node was worth like 7000 to 8000 and it was the same stage event

I mean someone could grind in the first few hours taking out 4000 while someone could wait till the last 3 hours and get a 8000 pt node to work on ..something dont seem right there

How far had you fallen behind first place? You may be seeing the effect of rubber banding.
  • TazFTW wrote:
    Well I guess that explains the 368 Bullseye + Muscles when I just started the event. One Threaten went off and it was game over.
    Here is where that always handy moonstone comes again and save the day.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:

Hi everyone,

4 hours later, what's status this?
  • slidecage
    fmftint wrote:
    "David wrote:

Hi everyone,

everyone went home to play something else icon_e_smile.gif
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    I emailed them about it and they emailed me back saying
    "Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Community scaling is now turned off for the remainder of the event. We apologize for any inconvenience."

However my nodes are still stuck at the highest level. I guess at least they won't get any harder? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    "David wrote:

Hi everyone,

everyone went home to play something else icon_e_smile.gif

I am in the second sub and the enemy levels are quite high, I cant confirm or not if it is still on or not, but it surely seems that it is still on :s

Well, lets look to bright side, after this fisco they will need to run this event twice, so we will have double the chance of getting cap falcon covers icon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    Well I guess that explains the 368 Bullseye + Muscles when I just started the event. One Threaten went off and it was game over.
    Here is where that always handy moonstone comes again and save the day.

I did use Moonstone my second go around and won. She replaced Hood with Cap and Falcon. I didn't need to use any of her abilities though. So it was either the decreased levels (it went from 368 to 268) or the "devsloveme" code is active.