PVE: The Hulk (July 23-31)

Options
123457»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    I was in spot 20 with a 1.5 k lead at 8 minutes and decided to take that past Punisher essential node for 400 points to try and secure my lead. It took 9 minutes, so I got 0 points, and the other guy managed to retake spot 20 and beat me by 47 points.

That's the closest I've come to breaking my phone over the game ever, lol.

Plus, it was my birthday, so I wasted most of it on the grind, lol.
    I sympathize, but why leave a one-time-only node til 8 minutes left in the event?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Because it was only one time only, and I was too busy grinding higher value nodes down prior? I ground out the essentials for Hawkeye and Psylocke and the higher end nodes as much as I could, but I was down to 0 health packs and only had a 1 cover Punisher to even play the node, and my C-List roster to try and take it down, because the A and B teams were already down. So it took longer than it should have, unfortunately. I started the day at 24 and did some major grinding to try to get to that next reward tier, and was in it for the last hour, just, fell short and was frustrated.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Breezy wrote:
    Got the worst boards ever the last couple hours, had AI cascade so many times so all my good teams were destroyed.

Finished 152 and I had 130-something. *Sigh*
    I agree. last grind of the hawk essential I wiped twice on - only node I didn't take down to the 200s. the previous 2 clears against the same team we silky smooth but not last night.

Can I just voice what a hot piece of garbage hawkeye is as a character and I hope I never have to use him again?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Breezy wrote:
    Got the worst boards ever the last couple hours, had AI cascade so many times so all my good teams were destroyed.

I agree. last grind of the hawk essential I wiped twice on - only node I didn't take down to the 200s. the previous 2 clears against the same team we silky smooth but not last night.

Can I just voice what a hot piece of garbage hawkeye is as a character and I hope I never have to use him again?
    well, I tried to finesse my way through that node with witch and gsbw or mnmags (once with cstorm). I brute forced my way through the others with cage and fist, so maybe that wasn't the best plan - love it when it works though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Im operating on a more limited roster, so Im having to utilize 2 stars mostly, and I used MnMags and Thor, because thor had a chance of match 5s, and then MnMags is almost guaranteed.

But, the fact his only useful power is speed shot, and then it can't overwrite protect/countdown tiles and has to be on purple tiles, plus has a 2 round countdown, I found the majority of his time being "Set up speedshot, watch speedshot tiles cascade away/match away/get stunned/get killed" so speedshot would not kick in. The blue has either 1 turn too short a stun, or 1 turn too long a countdown, imo, and his red is just better spent elsewhere. Mag's red is completely superior to it, imo.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

hawkeye, SW, QS.. speedshots x 2 or 3 (had one where it went off 5 or 6 times, not enough tiles on the board though) every time i cleared it.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled my 8 event tokens:

6 x star.pngstar.png
    icon_rocket.pngyellowflag.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
    icon_antman.pngyellowflag.pngicon_e_surprised.gif

I've yet to complete Growth Industry, so I guess when I can open my next slot I can have a 2-cover Ant-Man. Um. Yay?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

hawkeye, SW, QS.. speedshots x 2 or 3 (had one where it went off 5 or 6 times, not enough tiles on the board though) every time i cleared it.

I definitely think SW will be a good pairing for him, but I unfortunately only have her 2 reality crush covers currently. This event just -really- soured me on characters with countdown tile abilities with any number greater than 1. They're just a complete waste of AP 9 times out of 10 it seems, unless they trigger on each countdown tick, like Antmans.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I sympathize, but why leave a one-time-only node til 8 minutes left in the event?

Well I held off doing it since I noticed most of my bracket 'forgot' to do it. I hoped they'd continue to miss it and I could grab 400+ points without them realizing where it came from alas either they were playing weird games too or they realized their error.
    Haetron wrote:
    Because it was only one time only, and I was too busy grinding higher value nodes down prior?

Yeah but why wait until the final grind? You could have done that node in the 20+ hours before the final grind.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fr those wondering what the end result of my ticket from the update crash. They sent me the JG Blue cover i missed from the 4 hours at the beginning of the sub i could not play... the heroic token they sent first was to test if the re-install fixed the disappearing token issue.

Thank you CS! You rock, A++,