PVE: The Hulk (July 23-31)

Options

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dread having to do the one node on the main map. It is so painfully slow when the characters you're limited to only manages to cover 4 colors. And the AI just loves to swipe the red on you.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Poodlec wrote:
    Okay. That's not funny at all. Just did second replay of West Sahara. Don't have Hulkbuster or Psylocke, so minus two nodes. And ALL rewards was 20 ISO ! My emotions are beyond frustration now. I didn't get those 20 only on fresh nodes. All that struggling(as i'm new player and don't have descent roster) and all i get are those lousy 20. Man...

Yeah, those 20ISO "rewards" can really suck the fun out of playing.

I'm not bothering with this PvE, but during the last one I had as many as 3 actual rewards left after grinding my nodes down to mash (that's what, like 15-20 clears apiece?), while I was still getting the 20ISO "rewards."

I honestly believe it would be less frustrating to just take the 20s out altogether...

Good luck out there!

DBC

Yeah, I know that feeling. Ever since I got Deadpool, I use him in the season loaner node to get my daily Deadpool points. One season, after doing this daily, I still was missing 2/4 rewards from that node. RNG apparently trolls us all...

The scaling has been all over the map this event (I've had my toughest nodes since the 3hr refreshes, but I've also had 2-3 nodes per sub that my 1*'s can easily clear--mStorm is boosted, but still...), so I'm glad I gave up on Jean a while ago and am only going for Psylocke's progression. That takes the sting out of the 7-day events for sure.

Good luck to those grinding this one out and thanks for the earlier roster suggestions.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    I dread having to do the one node on the main map. It is so painfully slow when the characters you're limited to only manages to cover 4 colors. And the AI just loves to swipe the red on you.

I think this is D3 trolling themselves. Perfect example of how much Psylocke needs a buff. You might use her black in that team, but you're still better off saving it to fuel Repulsor Punch. I realize that HB is the best 4*, but even when she is buffed every one of his powers are better than hers by a good margin.
  • Unknown
    Options
    With two covers of black Psylocke is finally not completely useless. Her cheap black does decent enough damage.

This event is starting to really annoy me though.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Breezy wrote:
    With two covers of black Psylocke is finally not completely useless. Her cheap black does decent enough damage.

Psylocke is one of my most used PvE characters ...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use Psylocke a lot here. I have found that using her black early is usually more effective than saving up the black so Luke Cage can Jab, Jab, Cross with it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sub 3 i find myself using OBW quite a bit... especially in the Pyro Pyro nodes... actually wiped on one of those, 2 flamethrowers went ff before i could get cap anything at all to help...
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

What team are you running this event? My Psylock got fully built right before this event so I wanted to use her really badly, but I just can't come up with anything using the buffed chars this week. After all the headache I finally settled on Gsbw Shehulk Witch.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

I've got a mash-up of characters because of poor decisions. Currently using her with 3Torch and Antman. With two covers she was absolutely terrible and a liability, with 3 she's decent. Fully maxed, she's probably killer but I wouldn't know.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Been unable to play since the update, stuck at loading 58%.. looks like T10 is gone forever.. missed over an hour so far. icon_e_sad.gif

edit, 2 hours, no connection... anyone in my slice know how far out of t10 i have fallen? is it worth even bothering for t20?
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    **** this latest sub is full of juggernaut and ragnarok with green feeders. Are we back in 2014/early 2015?
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Ram51 wrote:
    **** this latest sub is full of juggernaut and ragnarok with green feeders. Are we back in 2014/early 2015?

Yeah I'm taking massive hits in the last two nodes of the sub. It's almost an automatic 3 health packs every clear and I'm still wiping every other attempt. This is when I'm glad I've built up a 8-9k lead on 10th
  • Unknown
    Options
    that juggs, rags, grenadier node is nuts. ugh.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anyone "enjoying" this event? It feels more like work than a game.
    Kudos for "from day 1" players. I entered day 3 and already exhausted...
  • Unknown
    Options
    rossfoss wrote:
    Anyone "enjoying" this event? It feels more like work than a game.
    Kudos for "from day 1" players. I entered day 3 and already exhausted...

I joined on day 2 and I'm enjoying solely for collecting hp and iso rewards. By chance, if I get top 100, that's a plus for me. If not, whatever, I'll get Jean during her pvp.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seantw05 wrote:
    Ram51 wrote:

Yeah I'm taking massive hits in the last two nodes of the sub. It's almost an automatic 3 health packs every clear and I'm still wiping every other attempt. This is when I'm glad I've built up a 8-9k lead on 10th

This one does hurt a bit. Not looking forward to the grind on this sub. No 48 hour and a night off pity.

Yeah I have built a little buffer from t10 but points usually increase dramatically at the end.

The update came through for me also and I was a bit hesitant about updating after prior locks outs. Kinda feel like it is gamble updating now during an event. Anyway if you don't you risk getting forced update lock out anyway when your on a data connection.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    The update came through for me also and I was a bit hesitant about updating after prior locks outs. Kinda feel like it is gamble updating now during an event. Anyway if you don't you risk getting forced update lock out anyway when your on a data connection.
    Unfortunately I believe the update becomes forced after 24 hours, so you will likely have to update before the event is over. But if you can wait until you have made a first clear of a new sub that would be optimal I guess, then you don't have to stress out about lost points until the nodes refresh.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    Seantw05 wrote:
    Ram51 wrote:

This one does hurt a bit. Not looking forward to the grind on this sub. No 48 hour and a night off pity.

Yeah I have built a little buffer from t10 but points usually increase dramatically at the end.

Was at #3, then the update hit, and i lost over 3 hours of playing right after the sub started.. finally came back and was #17.. seriously doubt i will get back in to the T10..

And yes, that hawkeye essential is horrid, even with a max covered hawkeye.. I bring SW and Mags.. Mags can take out that green feeder rather swiftly, and the 1 clear i got to do, SW got me 2x match 5's for speed shots.
  • Poodlec
    Poodlec Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Well, i get Psylocke from progress, so i set up. There was hope that i place high enough to get Jean(just borderline), but those Jaggernaut+Ragnarok+green feeder buried that hope. So i sold my one-star Storm to sqeeze some valuables in my roster and sit back and relax. I wish luck to all, who grind for Jean though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've placed Top 10/50/100 consistently in events before this event. I'll be happy if I hit 150 now.

Having to go against boosted Juggs with my Juggernaut locked out is depressing.