PVE: The Hulk (July 23-31)

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    I do like that the Hulkbuster essential in sub 2 (Greenland) is a fight against Hulk. Hey, when the stories sometimes start to get repetitive and/or nonsensical, you have to take enjoyment in what you get icon_e_smile.gif

Wish i had more than 1 red cover for HB, he is at 1/4/3, at least with 4 black, he feeds Cyc almost non-stop, and tanks 2 of cyc's 3 colors!
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Well, this is going to be a joyless week icon_e_confused.gif 24 hours of about 30% more grinding than usual on a PVE event and I just finished about 70 places lower than I normally would. Looks like Jean won't be joining my ranks this week.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hulk: Greenland IV
    Surprise! Onslaught team up with 2 sniper feeders... icon_evil.gif

Totally trolled.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:

Totally trolled.

I think you're getting nodes mixed up. IV has Yelena and two Snipers. V has Ares and two spies. So no evil feeding going on.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    daibar wrote:

Totally trolled.

I think you're getting nodes mixed up. IV has Yelena and two Snipers. V has Ares and two spies. So no evil feeding going on.

I got hit by the same Ares TU on that Yelena Node actually, not sure if TU's rotate or are random on these nodes or if same each time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    daibar wrote:

Totally trolled.

I got hit by the same Ares TU on that Yelena Node actually, not sure if TU's rotate or are random on these nodes or if same each time.
    wow, an onslaught team up with snipers - brilliant!! its like they come up with new stuff to bend us over.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    are all stages 24 hours

sub 2 is 24 hrs, don't know about the rest since I think this is the first time this event has run since they restructured all the pve events, but that's probably a safe assumption

really REALLY hope stage 3 is a 48 hour stage or im messed up.. work sunday noon to midnight almost missing an entire Stage. o well
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:

Totally trolled.

found this stage insane hard until i started doing

Hulkbuster. Doom and Hulk... the spy trigger Hulk angry spell... Might try to replace doom with Torch with all of the greens im getting but Dooms pink is 900 Per pink
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    daibar wrote:

Totally trolled.

I got hit by the same thing. Fortunately it didn't come until I was already in good shape to win.

Any advice for the last node in sub 2. It's 395 Hulk/Daken/Bullseye and my highest characters are Psylocke (4/3/3 level 199), Hulkbuster (1/0/1 level ~160), 2* Hawkeye & Ares (level 150), Ant-Man (1/0/1 level 146)and GSBW (5/3/2 ~level 135), plus Blade, Mystique, Squirrel Girl, KK & IM40 (all under covered and/or needing respec-ing to varying degrees and soft capped at 105) and all the other, non Bagman/Torch 2*'s. So far the best I've done is with the Stormnedo/Hawkeye combo, but it honestly wasn't too close (downed Bullseye, but Hulk was only 1/3 down and Daken was steadily healing). i just can't deny enough colors and Bullseye's shields add up too quickly to let me seem to down anyone before the collect one shot abilities in red, green, blue or TU's. Any suggestions would help...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Had a ~6 hour life break at around rank 40, was expecting to finish a sub with 3-4 hours left at top 100. Came back to see I finished Top 200.

Seriously intense event, I usually finish top 10/50 and don't drop this much.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    Any advice for the last node in sub 2. It's 395 Hulk/Daken/Bullseye and my highest characters are Psylocke (4/3/3 level 199), Hulkbuster (1/0/1 level ~160), 2* Hawkeye & Ares (level 150), Ant-Man (1/0/1 level 146)and GSBW (5/3/2 ~level 135), plus Blade, Mystique, Squirrel Girl, KK & IM40 (all under covered and/or needing respec-ing to varying degrees and soft capped at 105) and all the other, non Bagman/Torch 2*'s. So far the best I've done is with the Stormnedo/Hawkeye combo, but it honestly wasn't too close (downed Bullseye, but Hulk was only 1/3 down and Daken was steadily healing). i just can't deny enough colors and Bullseye's shields add up too quickly to let me seem to down anyone before the collect one shot abilities in red, green, blue or TU's. Any suggestions would help...
    Shesh, what did you do in a past life to deserve that scaling? Your roster definitely doesn't seem to merit it! Do you have no one else above 105? My node is only 241 and it's pretty scary even at that level. The one nice thing about Hulk being 395 is that it's probably somewhat difficult to trigger Anger! icon_e_smile.gif

I do like the Magneto/Storm/Hawkeye combination, but I think you'd need boosts and a favorable board to down them before you get overwhelmed by tiles or they get an ability off. I'm not even sure who you'd want to stun with Storm, as you want to prevent Bullseye protects, Daken healing, and Hulk anger. I imagine Bullseye is most important for that combination since it's difficult to deal with the protect tiles that you're creating to activate Polarity Shift. Hawkeye has to provide the majority of the damage; Wind Storm is more useful for the stun. Boost purple, get a Polarity Shift match-5 off, use Wind Storm on whoever looks most dangerous, then protect your Speed Shot tiles.

As far as your roster, the only other person that seems like they can do much damage is GSBW, but I don't know how useful she'll be at 135. If you put Iso-8 into her, she should reach at least 170, but that could make your scaling even worse. Could try pairing her with Thor for maximum greenflag.png generation. I'd throw in Daken since he's boosted for damage soaking purposes and strike tile generation off the greenflag.png matches.

You might have luck building a team around Psylocke. I don't have much experience with her, but she's good with Daken too. The difficulty is her attack tile along with the strike tiles from her and Daken is likely to trigger Anger every turn, so you'd need a way to stun Hulk if so. I think Storm is still going to be your best stun provider, but at least Daken might tank blue. Seems like a good use for a Widow's Sting team-up if you happen to have one.

I'll keep thinking about it; perhaps someone with more experience than me with ridiculous scaling might have better insight.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not been finding this one that hard so far. Probably due to having just done the heroic. Kinda feel spoiled for choice now with the roster unlocked.

If I remember correctly there is a pretty nasty Doom with two feeders in the last sub which used to scale horridly.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    Not been finding this one that hard so far. Probably due to having just done the heroic. Kinda feel spoiled for choice now with the roster unlocked.

If I remember correctly there is a pretty nasty Doom with two feeders in the last sub which used to scale horridly.
    I don't think Doom is in this event, you may be thinking of ISO-8 Brotherhood. Juggernaut shows up after Hulk switches sides though and I think there are feeder nodes with him.
    My default team here is Luke Cage and GSBW, they go great with all three essential characters.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Funny, the only node that has given me any trouble in sub 2 is the node with Yelena and 2 snipers.. Couldn't believe it when with my entire roster ...i found the combo that works is 2x 2*'s.. Ares, OBW, and Hood.. made it out unscathed other than match damage from Yelena 3 times now after wiping twice on the 3rd clear... first 2 clears i lost max lcap both times, but won.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    mr_X wrote:

I don't think Doom is in this event, you may be thinking of ISO-8 Brotherhood. Juggernaut shows up after Hulk switches sides though and I think there are feeder nodes with him.
    My default team here is Luke Cage and GSBW, they go great with all three essential characters.

Yeah, actually I think you may be right. Come to think about it might of been Deadpool versus puzzle quest.

There are the Doom feeder nodes and a hulk node with Deadpool and someone else.

Sure I remember people complaining as they could not whale it.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Funny, the only node that has given me any trouble in sub 2 is the node with Yelena and 2 snipers.. Couldn't believe it when with my entire roster ...i found the combo that works is 2x 2*'s.. Ares, OBW, and Hood.. made it out unscathed other than match damage from Yelena 3 times now after wiping twice on the 3rd clear... first 2 clears i lost max lcap both times, but won.
    I found that node embarrassingly easy using a Falcon with 5 blue covers. Collect 5 blue ap and redwing guarantees the snipers can never get a shot off. Then it's just a simple case of downing yellena and then taking out the snipers at your leisure. Countdown tiles? What stinking countdown tiles?
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fahq1977 wrote:
    The SW/Storm stun fest with boosted ares makes that final lvl 395 Hulk fight a breeze. Just control the red and green and watch the green go grey
    I used something similar, SW/Spider-man/Venom.

Maybe I got lucky, but it was over in ~10 turns, during most of which Hulk was stunned. Use a 4/5 Venom to get out some cheap web tiles for Spidey's 3-turn stun. Fun times.

image.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Man, reading through this thread has made me really glad I decided not to start this PvE...

I guess good luck to all?

Don't forget, sleeping, eating, bathing and that sort of stuff are also kind of important... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Poodlec
    Poodlec Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Okay. That's not funny at all. Just did second replay of West Sahara. Don't have Hulkbuster or Psylocke, so minus two nodes. And ALL rewards was 20 ISO ! My emotions are beyond frustration now. I didn't get those 20 only on fresh nodes. All that struggling(as i'm new player and don't have descent roster) and all i get are those lousy 20. Man...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Poodlec wrote:
    Okay. That's not funny at all. Just did second replay of West Sahara. Don't have Hulkbuster or Psylocke, so minus two nodes. And ALL rewards was 20 ISO ! My emotions are beyond frustration now. I didn't get those 20 only on fresh nodes. All that struggling(as i'm new player and don't have descent roster) and all i get are those lousy 20. Man...

Yeah, those 20ISO "rewards" can really suck the fun out of playing.

I'm not bothering with this PvE, but during the last one I had as many as 3 actual rewards left after grinding my nodes down to mash (that's what, like 15-20 clears apiece?), while I was still getting the 20ISO "rewards."

I honestly believe it would be less frustrating to just take the 20s out altogether...

Good luck out there!

DBC