PVE: The Hulk (July 23-31)

Options

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    slick530 wrote:
    Just a note on Bulleyes. It seems he's utterly bugged in the event "Nevada V". He can pretty much use his deadly precision skill any time he wants. I swear to god this one time I was fighting him and he had only 3 greens and was able to pull out the skill on me. Really cheap if you ask me.

Are you sure he doesn't have a green feeder?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    slick530 wrote:
    Just a note on Bulleyes. It seems he's utterly bugged in the event "Nevada V". He can pretty much use his deadly precision skill any time he wants. I swear to god this one time I was fighting him and he had only 3 greens and was able to pull out the skill on me. Really cheap if you ask me.

Oh, I'm really not sure of that. Sorry I'm still pretty new to the game. Can you tell me how the green feeder works?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slick530 wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:
    slick530 wrote:

Oh, I'm really not sure of that. Sorry I'm still pretty new to the game. Can you tell me how the green feeder works?
    The goons/npc generate AP, to the enemy pool, so they can fire their powers. It varies on how much is generated each turn. When paired with a character, the character can use that AP as well
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's already turning into an Antman 2.0 where everyone is grinding hard but this time mostly rare/useless characters are boosted.
  • getterwing
    getterwing Posts: 52
    Options
    I remember there was a sub-event that give out a Hulk cover as the reward for clearing the last node..... anyone remember which sub event (or which day) is it?
  • getterwing
    getterwing Posts: 52
    Options
    Breezy wrote:
    It's already turning into an Antman 2.0 where everyone is grinding hard but this time mostly rare/useless characters are boosted.

boosting characters that cannot be used in many nodes is also pointness
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    getterwing wrote:
    I remember there was a sub-event that give out a Hulk cover as the reward for clearing the last node..... anyone remember which sub event (or which day) is it?

somewhere and sub 4/5, seem to remember at least 2 subs of hulk helping you smash things
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Any word on the essential characters for this one? Are they doing the 2/3/4 star essential thing again?
    Essential characters are same characters as the ones rewarded in the previous event. So, next event's essentials are going to be Jean Grey, Rocket and Groot, and 2* Human Torch.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Essential characters are same characters as the ones rewarded in the previous event. So, next event's essentials are going to be Jean Grey, Rocket and Groot, and 2* Human Torch.
    I didn't think the required 2* was predictable? Anyway I doubt it will be 2* human torch as he was the required for the last pve (dark avengers). Although I'm happy to be proven wrong icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    getterwing wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

Boosted psylocke rocks, sorry. Psylocke at level 210 boosted for me 5/4/4 (want that black cover, grr) with KK and Daken has been a mower.. daken's strike tiles make Psylockes red so cheap, and with 2 cheap skills, and dakens blue being inexpensive, heals come rather fast.. able to do 2 clears on only 4 health packs. On the nodes i can't use Daken, i use Blade.

Even the level 395 hulk , Doom, Cage, IF seems to be able to get me through it without hulk getting any abilities off.. IF nicks away at health each turn, save all AP until i am ready to 1 turn kill him, deny red and green. 3rd clear, i ended up with 24 black and 20 purple without realizing it.. spammed IF purple instead of doom, then JJC hulk to death.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    getterwing wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

Boosted psylocke rocks, sorry. Psylocke at level 210 boosted for me 5/4/4 (want that black cover, grr) with KK and Daken has been a mower.. daken's strike tiles make Psylockes red so cheap, and with 2 cheap skills, and dakens blue being inexpensive, heals come rather fast.. able to do 2 clears on only 4 health packs. On the nodes i can't use Daken, i use Blade.

<Snip>

This is good information. My 3* roster has essentially become the characters I've lucked out and not had to throw away over the past couple years, and for some reason (largely due to a 2nd that turned into an easy 5th after I got tired and stopped playing with 3 clears to go in the last PvE icon_e_wink.gif ), I've ended up with an almost fully covered Psylocke that I've never brought above level 40.

I don't have KK (had one, but had to throw it), but I love me some Daken, and my lDaken is slowly coming along... now if I could just get some blue cards for him! lol

Going to level Psylocke right now! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    getterwing wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

Even the level 395 hulk , Doom, Cage, IF seems to be able to get me through it without hulk getting any abilities off.. IF nicks away at health each turn, save all AP until i am ready to 1 turn kill him, deny red and green. 3rd clear, i ended up with 24 black and 20 purple without realizing it.. spammed IF purple instead of doom, then JJC hulk to death.

In 2* land, two of the boosted characters are Dark Avengers, which is less helpful, especially since Hulk is also my highest level 3* (although this should be more useful in a couple days).

You're definitely right about Psylocke, though. She's been great this event. I'm glad the token gods have helped me go from zero to ten Psylocke covers since she re-entered rotation a couple months back icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    are all stages 24 hours
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    are all stages 24 hours

sub 2 is 24 hrs, don't know about the rest since I think this is the first time this event has run since they restructured all the pve events, but that's probably a safe assumption
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone know if the repeatable node in the main event disappears after the first sub?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Anyone know if the repeatable node in the main event disappears after the first sub?

it does not disappear, so don't burn it down
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:

It stays (at least into Sub 2), so don't grind it down early if you're still in Sub 1.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do like that the Hulkbuster essential in sub 2 (Greenland) is a fight against Hulk. Hey, when the stories sometimes start to get repetitive and/or nonsensical, you have to take enjoyment in what you get icon_e_smile.gif
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    I really didn't want to grind this 7 day event, but for some reason my competitive spirit just won't let me quit. I may have to get into a competitive alliance so I can maybe get a cover for almost free.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    The SW/Storm stun fest with boosted ares makes that final lvl 395 Hulk fight a breeze. Just control the red and green and watch the green go grey