PVE: The Hulk (July 23-31)

Options

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We use to do this every 2.5 hours with community scaling and 5 healthpacks? Good lord I never wanna go back.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Poodlec wrote:
    Well, i get Psylocke from progress, so i set up. There was hope that i place high enough to get Jean(just borderline), but those Jaggernaut+Ragnarok+green feeder buried that hope. So i sold my one-star Storm to sqeeze some valuables in my roster and sit back and relax. I wish luck to all, who grind for Jean though. icon_e_smile.gif

this is why you grind the early stages.. get a nice lead and then hopefully the nods your having at later stages other are having as well and you can make it. Though if you can beat those nodes then you can cost in the final day. The bracket im in the first slot had like 4k lead after the other day going into this nod their lead had went up to over 11k (meaning they almost have top 10 locked)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Juggs/Rags/grenadier is insane. Took me 4 tries before I finally cleared it. Didnt help that my Mhawkeye is 1/1/1

The team i finally managed to clear that node with: Mhawkeye/Luke Cage (4/4/5)/Dr Doom (3/5/2). Just use Doom's blueflag.png to feed Cage's blackflag.png and let er rip. Building up Cage's yellowflag.png is a bonus

that strategy doesn't seem to work for me. the AI seems to chase blue. so board is missing black. what cascades down is red... and not just one red, a sheet of red that gets a 5 match and continues the party. juggs hits 2 headbutts on whatever character he wants and leapin' rags godlike nails it. if i cheat them of red, SOMEHOW juggs STILL GETS RED. i'm about ready to drop this completely.

the only thing that works for me has been steve rogers, mmags, anything else. then it's a race to see who can get more blue. it's amazing to watch the AI take all the purple at that point when there are green and red matches on the board for it.
  • tiger92882
    tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Splarne wrote:
    Juggs/Rags/grenadier is insane. Took me 4 tries before I finally cleared it. Didnt help that my Mhawkeye is 1/1/1

The team i finally managed to clear that node with: Mhawkeye/Luke Cage (4/4/5)/Dr Doom (3/5/2). Just use Doom's blueflag.png to feed Cage's blackflag.png and let er rip. Building up Cage's yellowflag.png is a bonus

that strategy doesn't seem to work for me. the AI seems to chase blue. so board is missing black. what cascades down is red... and not just one red, a sheet of red that gets a 5 match and continues the party. juggs hits 2 headbutts on whatever character he wants and leapin' rags godlike nails it. if i cheat them of red, SOMEHOW juggs STILL GETS RED. i'm about ready to drop this completely.

the only thing that works for me has been steve rogers, mmags, anything else. then it's a race to see who can get more blue. it's amazing to watch the AI take all the purple at that point when there are green and red matches on the board for it.

Ares and Daken work for me(I have cleared 4 times), my Hawkeye is just 1/0/0 since I recruited him just for the essential. Move Daken to the front anytime the AI has 6+red AP and use Ares green to feed AI jugs to keep the board crashing to stop any countdowns from exploding
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any advantage in entering this PVE at an arbitrary time between now and 1 hour before the end? Or does bracketing work differently from how I understand it?
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    Any advantage in entering this PVE at an arbitrary time between now and 1 hour before the end? Or does bracketing work differently from how I understand it?

Only if you feel lucky! Best bet is to follow this Forum Thread if you want to try and find a "fresh" slice. Entering into an almost full bracket that hasn't filled yet pretty much means you've lost any chance to get placement from the start.

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=31525
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Depends on how long the bracket you're put in as you enter has been open. If it's a fresh one, you could be heading for easy placement... but if it's one that has been open for a day or longer, you'll have missed one or more subs and probably won't place very well.

There's a thread on here where people mention how full their bracket is, helpfully linked to by Scoregasms above me. You could always ask in there for the time slice you intend to join.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got my hulk cover already so I'm just kinda meh about the rest (don't care much for jean)

Anyone else just kinda over it? Like between Hulk and Sentry, both being meh at best... it hurts my soul a little to grind for 4 or 7 days to pick up the obligatory free-be. :/
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiger92882 wrote:
    Splarne wrote:

Ares and Daken work for me(I have cleared 4 times), my Hawkeye is just 1/0/0 since I recruited him just for the essential. Move Daken to the front anytime the AI has 6+red AP and use Ares green to feed AI jugs to keep the board crashing to stop any countdowns from exploding

I want to live in a world where Headbutt doesn't instantly kill any non 4*.
    Malcrof wrote:
    mr_X wrote:
    Seantw05 wrote:
    Ram51 wrote:
    **** this latest sub is full of juggernaut and ragnarok with green feeders. Are we back in 2014/early 2015?

Yeah I'm taking massive hits in the last two nodes of the sub. It's almost an automatic 3 health packs every clear and I'm still wiping every other attempt. This is when I'm glad I've built up a 8-9k lead on 10th

This one does hurt a bit. Not looking forward to the grind on this sub. No 48 hour and a night off pity.

Yeah I have built a little buffer from t10 but points usually increase dramatically at the end.

The update came through for me also and I was a bit hesitant about updating after prior locks outs. Kinda feel like it is gamble updating now during an event. Anyway if you don't you risk getting forced update lock out anyway when your on a data connection.

Was at #3, then the update hit, and i lost over 3 hours of playing right after the sub started.. finally came back and was #17.. seriously doubt i will get back in to the T10..

And yes, that hawkeye essential is horrid, even with a max covered hawkeye.. I bring SW and Mags.. Mags can take out that green feeder rather swiftly, and the 1 clear i got to do, SW got me 2x match 5's for speed shots.

My Hawkeye is fully covered and partially leveled (~50 prebuff) and I had a lot of success with Hulkbuster/IF or Cyclops/KK. Overdrive strike tiles + Speedshot does ridiculous damage (not hard to trigger with IF purple or Hulkproof) and Cyclops and KK are adept at 5 matches as well (full rainbow with Cyc/KK though Hawkeye blue never goes off, missing yellow with HB/IF).
  • Unknown
    Options
    never thought i'd be happy to see moonstone and ares again, haha.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A quick question: I don't remember how it worked in the previous iterations of the event... I'm in s1 and I've just finished the last sub (with 24 hrs left).

In the global map there's no node to open a new sub, and I have only the repeatable one (for a small amount of pts.), and the node where you can get the hulk cover. Is that normal?

Basically, I'm done with the event, with the exception of the repeatable node?

Sorry, probably it sounds like a stupid request, but after 6 days of grinding (and still being in the t10), I'm a bit antsy!

edit: never mind; I replayed the "recruitment" node, and a new one popped up (opening the final sub).
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    6K up on 10th with last sub to go @123907. I think I can maintain top 10 with less grinding this last sub.

So tired of the grind. So so tired.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DCUDCU wrote:
    6K up on 10th with last sub to go @123907. I think I can maintain top 10 with less grinding this last sub.

Be careful, if point scaling stays as it is, the last sub should be worth over 6k per clear.
  • DCUDCU
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    DCUDCU wrote:

Be careful, if point scaling stays as it is, the last sub should be worth over 6k per clear.
    Oh I'm not stopping, still targetting top 10 for the sub. But if tomorrow with an hour to go it seems I can't be beat, I will pull back and just keep an eye on it.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    Last sub is worth 5300 for a clear, 10 total repeatable nodes (4 Trivial, 3 Essentials and 3 Hard). So like, 34K ish total possible points?
  • DCUDCU
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Last sub is worth 5300 for a clear, 10 total repeatable nodes (4 Trivial, 3 Essentials and 3 Hard). So like, 34K ish total possible points?
    Nothing like gunning for progression in sub 7!
  • Malcrof
    Options
    DCUDCU wrote:
    Scoregasms wrote:

Even after losing close to 4 hours of grinding due to a bug after the r80 update, i have worked myself back to #12, 2k behind #11.. going to be rough.. it really sucked, i was #3 before that whole mess happened.
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    DCUDCU wrote:
    Scoregasms wrote:

Even after losing close to 4 hours of grinding due to a bug after the r80 update, i have worked myself back to #12, 2k behind #11.. going to be rough.. it really sucked, i was #3 before that whole mess happened.

Good luck in your compensation quest. You deserve something good because you definitely got screwed. I was following your updates that night; an alliance-mate was having the same or similar issue
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Seantw05 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    DCUDCU wrote:
    Scoregasms wrote:

Good luck in your compensation quest. You deserve something good because you definitely got screwed. I was following your updates that night; an alliance-mate was having the same or similar issue

They will reimburse all the lost tokens, nothing at all said about the lost time, which is understandable, for all they know i took a nap and didn't play. I am so far from having any real usable 4*s, that if they do, yay, if not, no huge loss.. i should still make T20 easily, even with the lost hours.
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Seantw05 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    They will reimburse all the lost tokens, nothing at all said about the lost time, which is understandable, for all they know i took a nap and didn't play. I am so far from having any real usable 4*s, that if they do, yay, if not, no huge loss.. i should still make T20 easily, even with the lost hours.

Yeah I get that but you were giving updates while all this was going on, though I guess its possible to lie about that icon_razz.gif regardless, i suppose there's no guarantee that even if you could've played, you would've done enough to maintain top 10. It is just a bad situation (7 day grind) turning into a worse situation (7 day grind and possibly one less cover)

I'm pretty much in the same boat in the 4* department (I just checked out your roster). I have four with 7-8 covers (xforce, HB, prof x, and fury); the rest are pathetically covered