Please fix the point gap in PvP, and shield hopping.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Honu141
    Honu141 Posts: 84
    Options
    sagapo wrote:
    some of us wants to play this game during breaks, lunch, in the restroom, whatsoever, that's the best part about this game is that it's mobile and you can easily do what you want in 15-20 mins, or even 3 minutes or less during shield hops, and call it until your next shield is available.
    Therein lies the issue. If your gaming time is limited, by choice or not, your ability to score is more limited, regardless of whether you use Line or not.

I will admit that 1) I use Line for social chat within and without my alliance, 2) I use BCs in Line, 3) I am a full-time business owner and a full-time family man. My gaming time is far more limited compared to others. (That's why I suck at PVE, but that's a topic for another discussion.) Line CAN make is easier to find higher-value queues. But it still takes TIME. There are lots of times that I miss people hopping because I'm doing real-world stuff. In those instances (and there are several), having Line and participating in a BC did not help one bit. And when I have competed for 1st place, I've probably lost more than I've won. Remember: there are 500 people competing in a single bracket. 1st place represents 0.2% of that population!

If you've ever played anything competitively (and let's face it, life itself is inherently competitive), unless you have some natural athletic or mental ability, most of the time, your ability to succeed is tied to how much time you spend practicing/playing and how much you use tools available to you to help. If you choose not to use it for whatever reason (eg. moral code, no additional time, whatever), please don't begrudge those that do.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options

I have looked several times for the "Auto Win Match" button. I always find the "Automatic Lose" button (Retreat). If you find the other one, be a sport and let the Forum know?

If you're losing sleep over this game, it's time for a break.

Aesthetocyst, you're just doing it wrong, the trick is you have to double tap the RETREAT button in order for it to act as an "Auto Win Match" button.

It takes a couple of tries to get it to work, so if it doesn't work the first time it just means you weren't fast enough, just keep trying, you'll get it eventually.
  • Honu141
    Honu141 Posts: 84
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    Why D3 hasn't done it yet (we've been talking about it for almost a year now) is beyond me.

Because they suspect (and I've heard plenty of player chatter to support it) that they would lose a portion of the established player base and they may be unwilling to gamble on how big that portion is.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Replying based on this thread too. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31474
    Dauthi, I kinda see what you are saying now, but like others said, stopping outside communication is neither possible nor really helpful to anyone.

It was never about stopping outside communication. It's about changing the game so that outside communication won't give an advantage.
    Gaining access to the information about other alliances is possible via the game itself (have a couple people watch top 10 alliances hop in their brackets and post in the chat, voila), instant messengers just do it, well, instantly, and for anyone you choose to inform.

If you think that this is viable and comparable, then I guess I give up. I'm getting tired debating with everyone from that Line chat anyways.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:
    The entire notion of shield-hopping is ridiculous and just proves how fundamentally flawed the MPQ PVP model is.

Normally when you disagree with the way something is run, providing a solution is more constructive than just complaining about it. How would you fix the "fundamentally flawed MPQ PvP model"?

Well, seeing as though really fixing it would entail a complete rework of the entire system from the ground up, that feels like a bit of an ask.

If the shield system must stay, though, how about switching the cost from HP to ISO. Charging the in-game premium currency for a feature that is fundamental to doing well in one of the game's core components feels very dirty to me. Or maybe just giving everyone one free 3 hour, 8 hour and 24 hour shield and that's it. No cooldowns, just three shields each PVP.

At the moment, to hop and do really well, you need to spend a LOT of HP. I understand that the devs need paychecks, but monetising shields is a middle finger to anyone but whales and top alliance members who seem to have a neverending supply of HP.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Dauthi, if you feel that strongly, you should stop using LINE and the forums too yourself. These D3 forums AND your own forums for your alliances. You are using them to gain an advantage, reluctantly or not, but you are. Start boycotting those and show Demiurge where interests of loyal 'ma and pa' alliances lie!

But no, seriously, we've been asking to improve the game chat since it was implemented; it's simply not a pressing issue and is not doing anything for revenue. If using LINE was somehow hurting the bottom line for D3 and Demi, the game chat would likely be improved accordingly. As is, you gotta adapt or develop a free/low-cost game chat with all the necessary features yourself.

2ClydeFrog: for the last time, shields compose less than 1% of the total revenue! Demiurge could care less if people stopped buying shields this instant. If you think that spending a couple shields for covers you are interested in is asking too much, I don't know what to say. I used to feel like you too but I stopped when I reached the critical point where I was doing well enough without shields that shields were the only next logical step to doing better. It was probably 3-4 months into the game (transition was slow back then if you remember). Stop treating shieldhopping like some evil; for most people (not the top 1% percent) it's just a natural way of securing progression and placement rewards. And most egregious shieldhoppers ensure progression for everyone else willing; win-win.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Options
    If you spend 225 hp to buy two shields for a high placement you actually end up with +hp after each event. If you want to shield more it'll cost a little $, but spending $20 per season hardly qualifies as being a whale.

The whales are the ones who will have a maxed 4* when their release event isn't even done yet.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dauthi, if you feel that strongly, you should stop using LINE and the forums too yourself. These D3 forums AND your own forums for your alliances. You are using them to gain an advantage, reluctantly or not, but you are. Start boycotting those and show Demiurge where interests of loyal 'ma and pa' alliances lie!

What we are doing that we couldn't in-game that would give advantages? I won't boycott, I will debate on the forums to raise awareness. It will be by far more effective, no?
    But no, seriously, we've been asking to improve the game chat since it was implemented; it's simply not a pressing issue and is not doing anything for revenue. If using LINE was somehow hurting the bottom line for D3 and Demi, the game chat would likely be improved accordingly. As is, you gotta adapt or develop a free/low-cost game chat with all the necessary features yourself.

I will agree that it's not a top issue, but lots of things have hurt the game that were changed, and are continuing to hurt the game that should be changed. Just because change hasn't happened doesn't make the status quo OK.