Please fix the point gap in PvP, and shield hopping.

Options

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I sit in Ant-Man PvP right now at 873 with about 5 hours left skipping like crazy and can only find 30 point targets...I wished bc worked magically like people in the thread think it does.

Shockingly, I got to 1k last night without using line except to ask my final target if he was shielded. Demiurge must have nerfed battlechats while we weren't looking!
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    To end all the Line discussion:

It would be unfair for players to get more information that isn't obvious to everyone in the game right? Even if it's available to all, not everyone will make the effort to go there, so it's an unfair advantage to have more information than others, right? After all, people would have access to strategies and builds and nuances that the general playerbase wouldn't know about. They would know when slices are full, be able to plan for future events/characters, know the structure of events, adapt quicker to new game changes, make friends who could skip them in queues...

Then they should ban the MPQ forums...

Someone could have those nuances by playing the game, its not rocket science. Yes, knowing when slices are full is helpful to an extent, but the information from forums (as I mentioned earlier) for these things is slow and unreliable. I was hoping for information from my time slice to no avail.

In any case, MPQ actually directly links to it's forums when changes occur in game. Does it do that with Line? I would say it's fair if they linked to Line and the chatroom that everyone uses.
    As I sit in Ant-Man PvP right now at 873 with about 5 hours left skipping like crazy and can only find 30 point targets...I wished bc worked magically like people in the thread think it does.

Did someone announce an unshielded target through the popular connections? If not, thars yer problem icon_e_wink.gif

Seriously though, as mentioned earlier specific time slices help. I had no issues going from 500 to 1k in the last 2 hours, the last few attacks gave around 40 points each. This whole conversation spawned from trying to hit 1300 points, and I have found that very difficult unless you go to the right time slices and discover coordinated hops. Sometimes it happens during regular hopping schedules, sometimes not. It's like whale watching, it's a lot of waiting but when it happens it's magical icon_e_wink.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    scottee wrote:

Did someone announce an unshielded target through the popular connections? If not, thars yer problem icon_e_wink.gif

Seriously though, as mentioned earlier specific time slices help. I had no issues going from 500 to 1k in the last 2 hours, the last few attacks gave around 40 points each. This whole conversation spawned from trying to hit 1300 points, and I have found that very difficult unless you go to the right time slices and discover coordinated hops. Sometimes it happens during regular hopping schedules, sometimes not. It's like whale watching, it's a lot of waiting but when it happens it's magical icon_e_wink.gif

But that's the thing. Forum is slow, game chat is limited, hopping is risky. Naturally people who want high scores will try to find some way to work together to acquire targets. It doesn't help with being attacked or winning, so you still need to play a real match and do it fast before half a million random players queue and attack you.

Without the coordination , how likely is it that the high value targets you need to hit 1.3k will exist?
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Options
    Well, if you had taken the time to read, you'd have had a chance to reply to the above posts in which it was noted that "rigging" is not possible in MPQ. As there is no true, direct PvP, only dressed up PvE, no one can "let" anyone beat them. Everyone has to win their own battles, earn their own points, and most importantly, avoid losing points.
    Give me a break. You are kidding yourself if you don't think someone telling you the exact 5 minute time period that they will be unshielded isn't essentially letting you beat them. Isn't that exactly why it works? Because you ARE able to find them during that time, queue them up, and later BEAT them?

Lie to yourself to help you sleep at night, but if you truly think what you are doing meets the spirit of competitive PvP play then you are just plain delusional.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    scottee wrote:

But that's the thing. Forum is slow, game chat is limited, hopping is risky. Naturally people who want high scores will try to find some way to work together to acquire targets. It doesn't help with being attacked or winning, so you still need to play a real match and do it fast before half a million random players queue and attack you.

Without the coordination , how likely is it that the high value targets you need to hit 1.3k will exist?

icon_redface.gif I hit 1300 in both offseason PvP without Line or any alliance coordination. Both event, I used 2 x 3 hours & 8 hours Shield. To find high value target, I just check once and a while, a few skip here and there, they will show up. If you don't find them within 10 skips, try again later, they usually come in a bunch, usually from one alliance icon_lol.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    X23 wrote:

icon_redface.gif I hit 1300 in both offseason PvP without Line or any alliance coordination. Both event, I used 2 x 3 hours & 8 hours Shield. To find high value target, I just check once and a while, a few skip here and there, they will show up. If you don't find them within 10 skips, try again later, they usually come in a bunch, usually from one alliance icon_lol.gif

I don't coordinate either. But where do you think your high value targets come from?
  • Unknown
    Options
    X23 wrote:

I don't coordinate either. But where do you think your high value targets come from?

Notice the icon_lol.gif ?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, if you had taken the time to read, you'd have had a chance to reply to the above posts in which it was noted that "rigging" is not possible in MPQ. As there is no true, direct PvP, only dressed up PvE, no one can "let" anyone beat them. Everyone has to win their own battles, earn their own points, and most importantly, avoid losing points.
    Give me a break. You are kidding yourself if you don't think someone telling you the exact 5 minute time period that they will be unshielded isn't essentially letting you beat them. Isn't that exactly why it works? Because you ARE able to find them during that time, queue them up, and later BEAT them?

Lie to yourself to help you sleep at night, but if you truly think what you are doing meets the spirit of competitive PvP play then you are just plain delusional.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Yikes, your whole point is moot since anyone can find the person unshielding. It's not like the people you tell are the only ones that can find you. You still have to burn skips to find the person who told you they unshield. And, I've wiped against said person a few times in the past so how did they let me win??

Seriously, I think you do play mpq but must think you are in a different game forum. Everything you wrote makes little sense.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Yikes, your whole point is moot since anyone can find the person unshielding. It's not like the people you tell are the only ones that can find you. You still have to burn skips to find the person who told you they unshield. And, I've wiped against said person a few times in the past so how did they let me win??

Oh, so it's not rigging because sometimes it doesn't work? Well thanks for clearing that up for me, carry on then.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    First because it is an off season event players are less likely to break shield, and a lot of players climbed early hit 1000 and then instead of shielding to hop just let themselves fall.

An alliance mate did just that. He made 1k to grab the antman cover, then just allowed himself to get knocked down to 500s. Think of it as martyrdom for other players desperate to reach 1k. icon_lol.gif
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    Options

Seriously, I think you do play mpq but must think you are in a different game forum. Everything you wrote makes little sense.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

What? It will take about 3-8 skips to find a person that is known to be unshielded. That is by far and above better than 10 skips and finding nothing waiting 30 minutes or so and doing it again to find nothing.

If I lose against them, I lose. Sometimes train wrecks happen in MPQ. Can we at least admit that a human player at this tier is extremely unlikely to lose though? In any case, I would still be happy I at least got the match at a discount. I am just as likely to lose against the player I paid 300 more ISO to find without help from out of game sources.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is quickly devolving, please keep the conversations sass-free and polite. Thanks!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is quickly devolving, please keep the conversations sass-free and polite. Thanks!
    There used to be a message board where people could downvote and hide posts that were utter nonsense, thus keeping people from getting aggravated and responding with impolite sass.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    There used to be a message board where people could downvote and hide posts that were utter nonsense, thus keeping people from getting aggravated and responding with impolite sass.

Down votes are irrelevant.

Carry yourself like a respectful human being. icon_e_smile.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Replying based on this thread too. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31474
    Dauthi, I kinda see what you are saying now, but like others said, stopping outside communication is neither possible nor really helpful to anyone.
    Yes, scores that used to be good for t25 season are no longer this way, so what?
    Shifts occur every time scoring and progression ladder are changed.
    That would still be happening if for some unfathomable reason there were no instant messengers at all. It would likely be harder to support chain alliances but hey, are those really hurting you, other players, the game?
    They don't make the game inaccessible for you. You just have to be as good as them to beat them, and it's always like that in competitive gaming. Don't want to beat the top 1-5%, fine, the game is absolutely playable that way too. Surprise!
    As always, if you want the best (and top 25 for season is 0,5 percent for every 5000 person bracket), you gotta adapt and borrow from other competitive players if not spearheading changes yourself. Gaining access to the information about other alliances is possible via the game itself (have a couple people watch top 10 alliances hop in their brackets and post in the chat, voila), instant messengers just do it, well, instantly, and for anyone you choose to inform.
    Stop asking anyone to reach out to you magically, reach out yourself. I have my LINE ID in my signature btw.

PS: PeterGibbons doesn't understand the competitive spirit. The competitive spirit is using every fair advantage. And using free, available for most platforms and devices apps and making friends in that game you play every day IS NOT AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. Most people I know play on mobile and still manage to use LINE perfectly well.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    PS: PeterGibbons doesn't understand the competitive spirit. The competitive spirit is using every fair advantage. And using free, available for most platforms and devices apps and making friends in that game you play every day IS NOT AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. Most people I know play on mobile and still manage to use LINE perfectly well.
    Listen, don't try to invalidate my point by labeling it as "nonsense" or claiming I don't understand. I understand it very well, we just have a difference of opinion. Your point that it's easy for anyone to do doesn't change the ethics of it. A small group of people are colluding to score higher than they otherwise could have. The fact that you wait to attack until the person tells you they are shielded is what makes it an UNfair advantage.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    Listen, don't try to invalidate my point by labeling it as "nonsense" or claiming I don't understand. I understand it very well, we just have a difference of opinion. Your point that it's easy for anyone to do doesn't change the ethics of it. A small group of people are colluding to score higher than they otherwise could have. The fact that you wait to attack until the person tells you they are shielded is what makes it an UNfair advantage.

To be honest, that's what makes it sportsmanlike conduct. It's players helping players.

It's not an exclusive club - like literally all you need to do it PM me or OC or anyone else on LINE and we'll help you get to the right rooms.

It's not some group of players trying to leverage themselves above other players. Frankly, most of the BC chatter is to help each other get Progression Rewards, not to rank highly.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    You know that many people here on the forum prefer to wait a good 10-15 minutes on their 1600+ score queues too just because they want to be nice and not cost time to anyone else? Without using LINE themselves or anything?
    There is, of course, the school of thought where you consider PvP free-for-all and attack everything that moves and is not from your own 20-person alliance. I bet it prevails for most t100 alliances, not to mention the playerbase as a whole. Everyone usually starts with this attitude and it's perfectly logical and normal, up to a point where you decide you want to push your competitiveness to the limits and realize you can contribute to scoring yourself instead of simply taking. I do understand your POV but you don't want to change your POV and look at this from a different angle.
    The way this school of thought fails to secure placement or even progressions sometimes due to the backlash of high scorers or lack of targets when needed, is just a fact that won't change because of your disapproval. You could remove external software from the equation any day and literally nothing would change. Better organization, willingness to spend more time, HP/ISO and other resources would still dominate over a common joe player.
    And is that a bad, unnatural, unfair thing?
    This would still happen a million times over because cooperation and pack hunting beats lone wolves. A million times over. It's that new thing called the law of nature you know. See ants. Dolphins. Humans.

PS. Buying shields/healthpacks/boosts is a very, very irrelevant part of the revenue. Revenue is mostly roster slots and cover packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    grunth13 wrote:
    They should just get rid of the name of the person you are attacking so that there won't be sniping from a group and would limit outside communication.
    This is the easiest and most obvious answer.

Why D3 hasn't done it yet (we've been talking about it for almost a year now) is beyond me.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carry yourself like a respectful human being. icon_e_smile.gif
    Respect is earned, not given