**** Carnage (Cletus Kasady) ****

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    20three wrote:
    They might as well remain the attack that, it's not any more ridiculous than Carnage Rules...
    I made the same assumption as you did, even went as far as to ask if we're all 6th graders again, but it's from the comics. In Maximum Carnage he writes it on the wall of his old orphanage.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anyone found any good partners for Carnage yet? I've been testing him with Daken and Cyclops in Sim, but it seems slightly lacking. A lot of that may be that Carnage isn't nearly as scary as we all first thought, but I'm hoping that it's just because I just haven't found the right team.

Any suggestions?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doc Ock. It feels kinda crazy to say it, but, there it is.

You can make Carnage's passive work for you by matching away those enemy attack tiles which activates Doc Ock's passive to generate you more friendly attack tiles. If you want full rainbow actives, then Kingpin is currently the only 3rd team member to fit. I took that trio for a bit of a run in BoP - since I don't have 13/13 covers for any of those 3 - and it's not too bad. Things can get out of hand easily, so maybe bringing an Illusions Team Up would be a good idea.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    even non powered up most people avoid carnage like the plague...powered up...well i honestly doubt i'll even get hit in the Cage PVP
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Has anyone found any good partners for Carnage yet? I've been testing him with Daken and Cyclops in Sim, but it seems slightly lacking. A lot of that may be that Carnage isn't nearly as scary as we all first thought, but I'm hoping that it's just because I just haven't found the right team.

Any suggestions?
    JP didn't suggest Antman? Or is that too obvious?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Antman is a perfect match for him, helping flood the table with his own attack tiles, stealing those that Carnage generates, and even adding strike tiles to ramp up the damage. I was very happy with their mutual performance in the loaner node in growth industry, but it wasn't very good for wave combat over all.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Antman is a perfect match for him, helping flood the table with his own attack tiles, stealing those that Carnage generates, and even adding strike tiles to ramp up the damage. I was very happy with their mutual performance in the loaner node in growth industry, but it wasn't very good for wave combat over all.

I think antman and doc of are both good matches for carnage. But the fundamental problem with carnage is his black will outpace any other characters ability to deal with enemy special tiles. Good team selection can mitigate that prpvlem, but I remain unconvinced that there is a good way to use carnage that isn't mutually assured destruction.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Still somewhat new to the game so not sure if this matters much, but both Ant Man and Carnage heal at 60 hp a second. So they return from damage much quicker than almost any other hero. If you chose to pair them with any wolverine (xforce green overlaps, but sometimes the tile shake is nice) then you could have a team that all regenerates at 60 hp a second!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    I remain unconvinced that there is a good way to use carnage that isn't mutually assured destruction.

There isn't, and that's his best use in fact, I believe. I don't think he'd be very good for PVP hops, but a well built carnage could be a nightmare for defense, and in PVE, I've always found when a node is giving me trouble or if my main teams are down, I can inevitably send in Carnage and 2 warm bodies and just melt the node to ensure my clear continues. Those 3 people wont be in any shape to do anything else without a health pack, but he's good for that.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    That doesn't sound right. Hasn't this been addressed yet?
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is a convention of describing the volumes. So the entry refers to the run of The Amazing Spider-Man begun with Issue # 1 in 1963.
    I also find it unnecessarily confusing and wish they would just go to vol. 1 vol. 2 etc.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well now that is been a while since he was presented, I wanted to ask to people who has him maxed how good is green? What is the average damage you do with it? Do you have to wait too much until firing it (so the board is full with special tiles)?

I am not too convinced 5/3/5 is the way to go, I think he can be way better with a 5/5/3 build (even on his own, if you team him with Antman or doc ok there is no possible comparison), but If green does 8000 on average then maybe I will change my mind icon_razz.gif
  • No it doesn't do 8k on average. At least for me. Sometimes you get ****, like 2k, others it's 7k. Just depends on the board state.

Even with a good board state you can get unlucky.
  • Peelman
    Peelman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing if Carnage will go well with the upcoming Mr. Fantastic and 4* Deadpool as a combo. I think it might work alright with PvE. You would have two true healers that would take most of the damage.

yellowflag.png MF Passive - Heals when friendly special tiles are matched, which there should be plenty of
    redflag.png 4Pool - High damage, high heal, high cost; Carnage - Lower cost, but team damaged
    blueflag.png MF - Stuns and creates 2 protect tiles
    purpleflag.png 4Pool - CDFW tiles
    greenflag.png Carnage - Destroys random tiles (ideally CDFW as well) doing additional damage on special tiles
    blackflag.png MF - Countdown tile that increases redtile.png, greentile.png, yellowtile.png damage; Carnage Passive - creates attack tiles; 4Pool Passive - Creates 1-turn CD that does damage

With that setup, if you figured you would primarily use 4Pool's red, you could build Carnage 3/5/5. Since there may be so many special tiles already out, 4Pool's CDFW may not always be able to put down 6 tiles in the enemies strongest color, and if the attack tiles get out of hand with enemy strike tiles, you could trigger his X-Enforcer with more frequency making 5/5/3 a good build. I would probably try a 5/4/4 build on MF. That would give the 3-turn countdown tile on his black and heal 2109 on matches of enemy special tiles. If that didn't keep him alive, I'd up the healing and go 5/5/3.

No way to heal Carnage with this, but if you put him on right I think he'd only be front on greentile.png matches in PvE. Probably not too viable for PvP, but I wouldn't really know. Ant-man is still probably the best pair for Carnage, but looking towards something unique.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peelman wrote:
    Since there may be so many special tiles already out, 4Pool's CDFW may not always be able to put down 6 tiles in the enemies strongest color
    This is the one good reason why I don't think XDP works well with Carnage. Another is that with Carnage, his matches don't usually last long enough for you to get 13 AP. And going 3 red on Carnage seems like the worst build choice for him. Your idea about the enemy attack tiles triggering XDP's passive is a good one, but you're also going to want to be getting out MF's protect tiles, which is going to make it harder to hit the trigger for the passive. XDP pairs really well with other 4*s, so I wouldn't try to force him into a Carnage pairing as well. Jean is a way better choice and doesn't create any color overlap problems either.
  • After running the boosted version several times in the Prodigal Sun node, I'm pretty convinced I'd prefer 5/5/3 . His green is just too unpredictable and requires too many special tiles out to be reliable damage.

Meanwhile, the black guarantees that you're getting more damage out of your attack tiles than the opponent, barring some bad tile matches.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am 97% convinced (:P) that 5/5/3 is the way to go. More now that we have new teammates for Carnage like Antman or specially Jean, that can help make black even better and has a better green (and those attack tiles with some strike tiles are really deadly). The only problem I see with Jean is that if you want to make black work, you want someone with cheap abilities, but hey if it is pve or shield you can build the team with someone else just to spam abilities (like beast blue).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was fooling around in DDQ and paired him with 3* Bullseye. It was surprisingly effective even though Bullseye isn't even fully covered. Bullseye's purple destroys 2 enemy attack tiles, kills a guy and generates a bunch of strike tiles. It was actually pretty fun.
  • Bullseye/Doc Ock/Carnage could be all kinds of nasty, you're just lacking yellow.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Bullseye/Doc Ock/Carnage could be all kinds of nasty, you're just lacking yellow.

I think you are better off ditching either bullseye or doc oc and bringing someone who can generate ap. This team is kinda slow (since neither 7 ap power is game ending by itself), which puts you at the mercy of the board.

Switch to make purple to fuel bullseye, or im40 to fuel carnage?