**** Carnage (Cletus Kasady) ****

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    I haven't found anything I'm in love with yet either, and my carnage is 5/2/5. tried cage(respecc'ed for the protect)/falcon, switch/jean, daken/falcon. haven't tried drock, but his blue is expensive - need to try him at least.
    His passive is really good for adding extra damage, but you still end up taking a ton of damage yourself. I've tried everything with carnage, and oml/MrF is the only combo I've tried that feels viable.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    I haven't found anything I'm in love with yet either, and my carnage is 5/2/5. tried cage(respecc'ed for the protect)/falcon, switch/jean, daken/falcon. haven't tried drock, but his blue is expensive - need to try him at least.
    His passive is really good for adding extra damage, but you still end up taking a ton of damage yourself. I've tried everything with carnage, and oml/MrF is the only combo I've tried that feels viable.

A lot of luck with Carnage depends on the board, more so than other characters. You pretty much need to end the match quickly or the build up of attack tiles will hurt you. With Squirrel Girl, you can actually use her purple to one hit KO sometimes when there are enough attack tiles out. Use a Carnage red, a SQ purple, and then a Carnage green and you will likely be able to wipe out an entire team.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    I get what you're saying, but launching a CD is launching a power, same as Starlord or anything else, so it's the way it should function. Just have to strategize around it.

It's that which makes me really glad they've never considered Ms Marvel or... who else fires off something when powers are activated? Prof X?

It's only really noticeable with Carnage because he's a villain, hence keeps being used as an enemy.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    On a completely unrelated note... RNGesus has decided that my first close to fully covered 4* that isn't baglady or pantslord should be Carnage.

Are we still thinking 5 greentile.png 3 blacktile.png 5 redtile.png is an optimal build, or has the meta shifted since the poll? I get coupling him with True Healers.

Is he still the deterrant at 4* pvp he was presumed to be when he was just released? Having never actually seen him as a potential PvP opponent I would guess not...?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On a completely unrelated note... RNGesus has decided that my first close to fully covered 4* that isn't baglady or pantslord should be Carnage.

Are we still thinking 5 greentile.png 3 blacktile.png 5 redtile.png is an optimal build, or has the meta shifted since the poll? I get coupling him with True Healers.

Is he still the deterrant at 4* pvp he was presumed to be when he was just released? Having never actually seen him as a potential PvP opponent I would guess not...?

IMHB can basically 1HKO anything if given enough Red AP but rarely does the AI get that much and can generally be stunted. Carnage on the other hand has a Red thats ridiculous cheap and does decent damage. He pretty much means that a health pack is getting used after. A

s for build, 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 imho. There are better greens in the game for cheaper and having black higher means he burns the enemy faster. Championing has pretty much made all manner of builds viable though for multiple characters but those are the two primary builds.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    I'm a long way off championing him, and his covers have fallen close to the 3 black option. I'm just wondering if I should sell more blacks or trade them for greens...

I think Blacks is the way to go. He isn't sustainable to climb with, and as a deterrent a higher black is going to be more annoying than green anyway.

Cheers icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    Options
    I'm a long way off championing him, and his covers have fallen close to the 3 black option. I'm just wondering if I should sell more blacks or trade them for greens...
    553 makes the most sense to me. You're probably going to be using him with someone with a much better green.
  • mutimloh
    Options
    Who is the best partner for Carnage in PVP (specifically while floating on defense)? And would you say Carnage/(mystery partner) is more of a scarecrow and/or more likely to get you a defensive win than JeanBuster? I normally float overnight before the last 24 hours on PVP, so I was looking for a defensive team to float with. Thanks.

Edit: My maxed 4* are HB and JG. Cover maxed are 4Thor, XFW, SL, IW, Elektra, 4Cyke.
  • simonsez
    Options
    mutimloh wrote:
    Who is the best partner for Carnage in PVP (specifically while floating on defense)?
    Some combination of JG/OML/X23.
    Antman and MrF are ok to use on offense, but are "kick me" signs on defense.
    And the best deterrent is a champed version of whatever the boosted 4* is. Lv270 4*s aren't going to make anyone hesitant to attack you.
  • mutimloh
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    mutimloh wrote:
    Who is the best partner for Carnage in PVP (specifically while floating on defense)?
    Some combination of JG/OML/X23.
    Antman and MrF are ok to use on offense, but are "kick me" signs on defense.
    And the best deterrent is a champed version of whatever the boosted 4* is. Lv270 4*s aren't going to make anyone hesitant to attack you.

Would you recommend Carnage/JG over HB/JG?
  • simonsez
    Options
    mutimloh wrote:
    I tihnk they'll get hit equally on defense, but Carnage is usually faster for hops. Personally, I'd prefer hitting a carnage, because you can use JG's purple to make that passive work for you, not against you.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    mutimloh wrote:
    I tihnk they'll get hit equally on defense, but Carnage is usually faster for hops. Personally, I'd prefer hitting a carnage, because you can use JG's purple to make that passive work for you, not against you.
    The scariest carnage team would be carnage Nova. It does not matter that the overlap red, it is all the strike tiles Nova will put out that will just make you take massive damage.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    The scariest carnage team would be carnage Nova. It does not matter that the overlap red, it is all the strike tiles Nova will put out that will just make you take massive damage.

That would be pretty nasty. Now pair those two up with Falcon during his PVP to make it even nastier.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone revisited Carnage since OML arrived? He seems to fit the partner requirements, having both; healing and strike tile generation. Al-be-it my OML is not playable yet, I am sitting on Carnage #14 looking for a good reason to max him, but struggling.
  • simonsez
    Options
    Hendross wrote:
    Has anyone revisited Carnage since OML arrived? He seems to fit the partner requirements, having both; healing and strike tile generation. Al-be-it my OML is not playable yet, I am sitting on Carnage #14 looking for a good reason to max him, but struggling.
    Kinda depends on who your third is. Unless he can heal too, he's going to take a beating, especially if Carnage is boosted. He's probably well-suited for quick hops, but that's about it.
  • ChrisRocksOK
    Options
    Guys, I couldn't see it clearly explained in recent posts, but what's the rational for 5 black vs 5 green? Seems the majority of people ar recommending 5 red/3 black/5 green, but what's the benefit? Most of my lineups have a much better green user ability...

Cheers!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,263 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys, I couldn't see it clearly explained in recent posts, but what's the rational for 5 black vs 5 green? Seems the majority of people ar recommending 5 red/3 black/5 green, but what's the benefit? Most of my lineups have a much better green user ability...

Cheers!

The upside from going 3 to 5 in black is fairly minimal, 103 or 137 attack tiles, it just does not matter.

Green on the other hand, goes from destroying 10 tiles to 16. The board shake you'll get is better, more chances to destroy special tiles and a slight damage increase.

His green is not the greatest but why make it even worse than it is? Also, if there's a lot of special tiles on the board, even if you have a better green user, it might be a good idea to use his so you stop killing your own team.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options

Cheers!

Well you have answered your own question. If you are running a partner who has a better green 553 Carnage will definitely be the better build. Most of the original discussion happen in a vacuum where you are assuming all of his powers will be useful and you decide in general what the best balance would be. When I used to run HB/Carnage for hops Carnage at 535 was a good fit because when you did have the opportunity to fire green it was usually a great finisher and there was no other use for green. All the "ideal builds" for the most part are the same standalone best builds but modify them to best fit your situation and team.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh. I have a 5/3/5 Carnage and was considering using the black cover I have in the cache to make him 5/4/4 instead - I don't have the 300K ISO I need to max him Before the cover expires. Guess I'll just sell the cover instead...
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is not its main color, and if you are really thinking of maxing him, you will just champion him and respec at ease icon_e_smile.gif
    Sell that cover!