**** Carnage (Cletus Kasady) ****

Options

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't logged on in quite a while, but just came to ask when Carnage was ruined. 

Got my answer. 
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So bad. He's so bad
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would he be functional if his black created say, 8 friendly and 8 enemy tiles?  So 4x it's current effect?
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I miss Carnage​. I was really enjoying pairing him up with 4cage and eventually Medusa. 

He's one of my favourite villains so I hope he gets a rework when the usage stats of him drop to 0.

I feel like the developers have a real problem with mad characters in this game. They all self harm in one way or another. Venom protect tiles, carnage team damage and enemy attack tiles, moon Knight enemy attack tiles, sentry self harm and team damage, agent venom enemy weakness, rags team damage, hulk team damage at max level. Devs, sometimes the crazies don't hurt anyone but their enemies....
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well now they have announced the new fix he is back to usable.  Time to rebuild.  No regrets on the sale it let me buy 2 missing covers for other 4 stars who needed 1 to champion.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoth658 said:
    I miss Carnage​. I was really enjoying pairing him up with 4cage and eventually Medusa. 

He's one of my favourite villains so I hope he gets a rework when the usage stats of him drop to 0.

I feel like the developers have a real problem with mad characters in this game. They all self harm in one way or another. Venom protect tiles, carnage team damage and enemy attack tiles, moon Knight enemy attack tiles, sentry self harm and team damage, agent venom enemy weakness, rags team damage, hulk team damage at max level. Devs, sometimes the crazies don't hurt anyone but their enemies....
    Hulk isn't crazy, he's just angry. Also you forgot Deadpool, who doesn't harm his allies.

I think the point, with Carnage at least, is that he doesn't really have allies.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well now they have announced the new fix he is back to usable.  Time to rebuild.  No regrets on the sale it let me buy 2 missing covers for other 4 stars who needed 1 to champion.
    Can you link the announcement?  I saw nothing regarding it and was surprised from the time I did my last clear in s1 DP vs MPQ to halfway through my initial clear in RnG that he magically transformed into something resembling his old self.  Quite the surprise.
  • hopper1979
    Options
    Here you go his corrections show up after Drax, basically they fixed his black so it is passive again still not as good as it was originally but he is decent again.  I am glad they kept the green as is with the "fix" to the black and the rework of the green and red it actually may be a slightly more usable character, not necessary better but more usable.

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64024/time-gem-season-updates-updated-5-2-17/p1
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think he is much improved over either his previous forms. His black now always gives much stronger friendly then enemy tiles and makes tiles every turn from the start of a match. That probably makes him more effective on defense. If you save up just 3 extra ap he does AOE without team damage, easy for the AI to accidentally play smart.  Before you could treat him like Dr Strange or Starlord and save ap for stuns or knockouts, now you are taking attack tiles from the start.
    His green was an after thought at 11 ap, now at 8 ap with 10 guaranteed friendly tiles and likely as many enemy tiles it can be a reliable 3-6k nuke with board shake. The red always doing AOE but not always doing self harm is a better balance than the single target vs aoe + team damage. His synergy with Antman is better, since his passive only counts friendly tiles.

Overall I think he is better, he went from bad niche, to just bad, to niche/maybe good. He can do better damage with fast attack tiles and the cheap green to take advantage. He'll probably still get used mainly with people to take advantage of his passive tiles, but I think he might even be playable on other teams.
  • hopper1979
    Options
    I am inclined to agree with you but I need to see the black in action it is capped at 10 specials.  So if you have a countdown heavy team or another spammer his black is shut down fairly quickly before there was no upper limit.  But the fix to the green that may counter this issue.  I will have to see him in practice he is not unusable anymore like he was with that first change.  Have to start collecting him again :)
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Woof.  I got roughed up pretty good when doing my 6th clear for the DP vs MPQ event.  I used the team I used for the previous clears not knowing about the change.  Then I changed over to using Medusa and had a better time, but that was frustrating.

That said, I'm looking forward to using him now that he seems more useful! =)
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here you go his corrections show up after Drax, basically they fixed his black so it is passive again still not as good as it was originally but he is decent again.  I am glad they kept the green as is with the "fix" to the black and the rework of the green and red it actually may be a slightly more usable character, not necessary better but more usable.

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64024/time-gem-season-updates-updated-5-2-17/p1
    No, I think his black is much better than it was originally. He spams the board very quickly now, much quicker than when it relied on using active powers, and he damages the opponent much more than himself. Boosted he does 3K damage per turn in just a few turns of play. He's great against Peggy.

I never used to run his black at Lvl 5, but now I am. I don't even have a leveled Medusa to synergize with, but if I did, this would be a must.

Overall, I'm very happy with the changes. He feels much more managable, but still a threat to everyone (allies and enemies).
  • hopper1979
    Options
    I am  inclined to agree with you but the black does have an upper limit now which the previous version did not, so as long as you are on a low tile spamming team you will benefit from his black so he still works great with medusa, carol etc but strike, defense of multiple countdown tile generators may not work as well with him.  With his green fixed it may not be an issue because he can keep thinning the board, this is all speculation for me I don't have him anymore.  I at least have incentive to rebuild him now :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's boosted this week so I tried him out a bit; I don't have him champed, but at 3 ranks in Black he was firing it basically every turn; occasionally matching one (or firing Green) was enough to keep the number of friendly tiles below 10 almost all of the time. Probably a boost against nodes with no goons (and PVP) since they don't tend to fire nearly as many powers. And Ulton Sentries :)
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    He still works just fine against goons, and he's now improved against non-goons since he's not dependent on powers firing.

For me, this rework finally makes him better than his original incarnation.
    • red is now guaranteed AOE and it's still cheap, so the dmg/AP is quite good (and it's not terribly difficult to avoid damaging your teammates)
    • black essentially guarantees that there are always attack tiles on the board (the friendly ones are now stronger, which is nice although not a real difference-maker)
    • green has retained the lower cost; despite the random amount of damage, it no longer feels overpriced considering how quickly black puts special tiles on the board

I don't find the maximum of 10 friendly tiles to be a big problem. By the time you have 10 friendly tiles, there's probably going to be plenty of enemy tiles as well for green to target. Alternatively, if you do use him with a strike tile user, you can just set him to 5/5/3 and ignore his green.

He's once again great (albeit somewhat slow) with Medusa.
    With his revised powers (and, of course, his animations :p) I think he'll go back to being a decent PVP scarecrow.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed, great but slow with Medusa. Went with them and Mr F on every non-essential in the Meet Rocket and Groot day 1 with no health packs. Especially good when the Hood won't let you use actives, and lets you take tiny baby feline Headbutts and heal back to full with little effort.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lukoil said:
    IceMan, Carnage, Medusa are insane in PVP simulator against any team.

Medusa feeds Iceman with AP and carnage provide fuel every turn without depending on others firing their skills
    I feel like an idiot for not thinking of this. I have Carnage and Medusa champed, and Iceman is 172 5/2/3. I'll be using this team soon.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Regardless of how high this new Design ends up on the 4* tier ranking, I think ultimately this version of Carnage is just fun to play.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought the original Carnage was underrated. Now all three of his powers are better. I'll be using him more often.