Poll - Did you beat the Gauntlet and gotten the IMHB?

Comments

• I didn't know the poll didn't allow revotes - want to change my no vote now.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    I didn't know the poll didn't allow revotes - want to change my no vote now.

I didn't click on the option to allow re-vote... I thought it was allowed by default which obviously isn't...

Anyone (or any mod) has any idea whether if I select the revote option now, would I still keep the current results?
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I went ahead and just selected no despite a day left on the board. I can't figure out how to waste the last 2 Mystique essential nodes without Whales. I think it was 356 IF, Hood and H.Buster. I mean, outside of **** (qua, AI ) levels of luck.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I did have to Whale 2 essentials to get it done, but I became the proud owner of an additional Black Hulkbuster cover last night.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I used Whales + icon_deadpool.png points on exactly 5 nodes this event, 2 of them were the last 2 essentials everyone is talking about. I still have just under 4 Whales left. This is the event I save icon_deadpool.png points for.

If I didn't have these points there is no way I'd beat some of those nodes without super lucky cascades.

The Gauntlet used to be the best PVE in the game but they have made it way too difficult with absurd scaling and turned it into an "auto win button" event. Way to ruin a good thing D3.

I expect the Gauntlet to be really hard, but I also expect it to be beatable with some luck and good game play.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, didn't finish. My Deadpool is at only 2/13 covers (both Life of the party). A level 60 character with no attack power doesn't really do you any favors when facing teams 100+ levels above you.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprised to see so many people already declaring they didn't finish. Event has several days to go!

But I do expect a flood of no-votes after the event ends!

I looked at scaling on node one, third sub on day one and thought - even 4* reward doesn't make this worth the effort. Lots will love it, but I've never even completed the first sub in a gauntlet, wiping over and over just doesn't go to my play style for a relaxing/fun game.
  • I don't know about the number of them that are forum readers, but I finished leg three of the gauntlet ranked 494 and there are people behind me who have finished.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Out of super whales prior to the last tetris Ultron node. Should get enough after tomorrow so I'll finish it then.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got it! I used super whales on three of the nodes - I had over 10 saved up. The last two (the IW essentials) I specifically went in with using Whales in mind.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't finish the Gauntlet. The incredly stupid hard node of Hood/IF/HB scaled to 395 is preventing that to happen. That is a terrible node by itself but sure, scale it to level 395.

Makes me want to stop playing, at all.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Nope.
    Don't really plan to as I haven't even finished the first sub.
    While IMHB would be nice, I can't really muster up the will to play at the rate needed to get all the progressions.
    icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png would be my goal but that actually requires me to play more...
  • Bman66
    Bman66 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    In my opinion this is just nonsense from d3... When it takes 18 attempts it's too Hard..........
  • Again a "guaranteed" HB cover and again an event that many will try as hard as they can up to the point of almost quiting the game and yet will not be able to finish.

Way to go D3.

Now should we start a thread to get a compensation on DP points back to us? :p
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    She-Hulk + Ultron + Loki:

This node makes no sense. Usually after turn 2, I am Furious Charged or Loki shuffles a bomb to the bottom of the game board. It is not skill, but truly character or board dependent.
  • BlackIC wrote:

This node makes no sense. Usually after turn 2, I am Furious Charged or Loki shuffles a bomb to the bottom of the game board. It is not skill, but truly character or board dependent.
    I think that the fact that the bomb is a 10k damage version is what makes this unreal. If it was a 3k one you could afford to stomach some, as loki and she hulk have board shakes and would make them explode at some point. But round 2 10k damage...
  • i completed the gauntlet a couple days ago but since then i've been trying to see if i could beat the lvl 395 tetris ulton node without using whales and i finally did it today.

used lazy cap and hood. the board was about even, nothing too much in either my favor or the ai's. no crazy cascades for either side. just matched 3 like a boss lol, got cap's shield party going, strategically overwrote ultron bombs while simultaneously stunning loki and shulk...survived a couple furious charges too, whew! took down loki first. i think my hood at an ultron bomb early, cant remember if it was before or after downing loki.

shield to the face:
    2015_06_01_23_31_36.png

force bubbles and crush:
    2015_06_01_23_31_58.png

victory:
    2015_06_01_23_32_25.png

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

edit: but...still this node was ridiculous and let's be honest...i got lucky. lucky in the sense that the ai looked down upon me with favor and decided not to cascade me to smithereens. i think the above was around my 10th try or so. so, it's doable, just takes a lot of patience i suppose and waiting for the ai to go to sleep lol
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    BlackIC wrote:

There is a ton of luck involved(even for whale attempts). I finally did it with the following.

LCAP 3/5/5 Level 166 boosted to level 240
    GSBW 5/3/5 Level 119
    IW 4/4/5 level 200 boosted to level 290

+2 Y/R, Level 225 Surgical Strike, Level 240 ALOTT(would do up to 4677 damage for 6 TU)

Focus was Loki -> Shulk -> Ultron

Focused on red/blue(to load up shields) when I wasn't denying green. I didn't attempt to deny pink, and loki was able to fire his off twice, but neither time caused me harm. (luck)

Once I got Loki down, I would stun shulk. That gave me two free turns to collect/protect countdowns/kill bombs. Once she was down and since I had the AP, it was fairly easy to board control.

I was furious charged twice. Once taking out all my pink(12) and once taking out my TU(~6-9). I don't know what the other color was, as it was negligible at the time. (luck)

I never got a sniper shot off. But did get off Deceptive tactics a couple times after loki went down. Was helpful in board clearing.

I had to use the Force bubbles/force field crush once to clear a couple of bombs, but otherwise IW was essentially a damage shield for cap. Not sure what level you would need for IW to tank both yellow and blue for Cap, but that would probably be essential to this setup.

BTW - Never used either the Surgical strike or ALOTT. But was available to me at the end had I been in a pinch.

I ended the match with all three alive:
    IW - 8337 health
    LCAP - 5849 health
    GSBW - 1039 health
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    BlackIC wrote:

I think that the fact that the bomb is a 10k damage version is what makes this unreal. If it was a 3k one you could afford to stomach some, as loki and she hulk have board shakes and would make them explode at some point. But round 2 10k damage...
    16k damage reporting in
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Again a "guaranteed" HB cover and again an event that many will try as hard as they can up to the point of almost quiting the game and yet will not be able to finish.

Way to go D3.

Now should we start a thread to get a compensation on DP points back to us? :p

they're not gonna give comp for this, much like Ultron 2.0 they're gonna say the target # of players reached Tetris Ultron but gave up icon_evil.gif
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    traedoril wrote:
    I don't know about the number of them that are forum readers, but I finished leg three of the gauntlet ranked 494 and there are people behind me who have finished.

Just finished a little while ago and I'm 969th (SkyFire47 is first in this bracket). There is at least 1 10000-person Gauntlet 3 -- and at least 1000 people have HB Black now.

Only SuperWhaled the last essential, but MAN was that satisfying.