Poll - Did you beat the Gauntlet and gotten the IMHB?

Comments

• No and not trying after some of third sims... Once again the devs **** players over... I came in when XF and 4thor were real and invested money to compete... So now I have 3 270s and not much else so I get to face 3xx's all the way through with level 40 human torch essential...

Thanks but no thanks effing **** hats
  • raisinbman wrote:
    unco_dan wrote:
    you should add to the poll: did you beat the gauntlet...WITHOUT using whales?

i've yet to use whales and i only have the tetris ultron node left. so far i'm 0/1
    why does that matter? It's not an achievement, but I guess + icon_e_ugeek.gif points to you or something

I save whales for gauntlet so I don't get hella frustrated. No shame in using the tools you're given against an insurmountable foe.

lol i'm confused by your reply. anyways..

if the gauntlet cant be beat without the use of whales (for that tetris ulton node), then i'm thinking that the devs either didnt playtest tetris ultron or they were seriously trolling us icon_evil.gif the devs sure know what they're doing

...said no one ever.

edits: similar discussion going on here- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30256
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I will beat it, if I get lucky and pull icon_mystique.png
    Cleared all of Global Domination, icon_invisiblewoman.png essential and icon_humantorch.png essentials
    No whales used
    Went through my queued covers and found a single Mystique blue which allowed me to complete the last 2 essentials. IMO the IF?HB?Hood node was the hardest in the entire event

No whales were harmed
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Yes, I just did it!
    For reference my first lvl 395 node was node 38 initially, now with ongoing scaling all my nodes are at a 395 level except for the very first one (29) that is level 357.

I used 6 Deadpool's whales (including one TU). Like some other players I saved DP points each day for only one objective: The Gauntlet icon_e_biggrin.gif
    (and I was very glad to have this stock of whales when I saw that the reward was 4* HB spideycoin.pngiso8.png )

Beside, I'm really impressed by those who managed to beat the Gauntlet without the help of the whales, congrats! icon_e_wink.gif
  • I did not. On the first node of the first sub I was given a fixed roster to play with, and that match took so long to complete that it turned me off from the event.

I prefer my match 3 games to be brief instead of 5 minute long bouts of boredom.

I did play a few more nodes after that the next day as I needed a little ISO to finish leveling Cyclops, but that was it. I have no intention of actually trying to beat the gauntlet. I don't have that much time to spare.
  • unco_dan wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    unco_dan wrote:
    you should add to the poll: did you beat the gauntlet...WITHOUT using whales?

i've yet to use whales and i only have the tetris ultron node left. so far i'm 0/1
    why does that matter? It's not an achievement, but I guess + icon_e_ugeek.gif points to you or something

I save whales for gauntlet so I don't get hella frustrated. No shame in using the tools you're given against an insurmountable foe.

lol i'm confused by your reply. anyways..

if the gauntlet cant be beat without the use of whales (for that tetris ulton node), then i'm thinking that the devs either didnt playtest tetris ultron or they were seriously trolling us icon_evil.gif the devs sure know what they're doing

...said no one ever.

edits: similar discussion going on here- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30256
    U think the devs care about playtesting? Do you remember Ultron 2.0?

They said the only reason more ppl didn't complete rould 8 is cuz they gave up, so I assume they'll use similar reasoning again. After all, they're out of the office during the weekend. They don't care if we find it fair. Why do you think they stick deadpool in later nodes where he doesn't really have any synergy(besides being hard to kill)? They want to block our whale-usage as much as possible.

In short, the devs will say it's "working as intended" because "4*covers should only be gotten by X number of players". Don't expect compensation.

PS: I'd be more worried about the weird "You need 4 different essential characters that we haven't hinted at before and a 2* isn't essential even though we've made the 2*/3*/4* essential format" thing than Tetris Ultron.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    No IW means no IMHB. So I just gave it up when I saw that it was impossible for me to complete.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I didn't think I was going to be able to, but I did. I need to change my vote. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tetris Ultron is possible to beat without whaling it. My Deadpool is only @ 9k DPP and 2 covers, so that wasn't really an option for me. Max critical boosts + Hulk / 3-Thor + Surgical Strike teacup did the trick second time around.

That HB / IF / Hood node wiped me something like 15+ times and drained most of my boosts. Got the HB, but really don't think it was worth it. People've been clamoring for the devs to make the game less grindy, but any time 4*'s are involved they just make it a complete grindy mess.

I really liked last Gauntlet, but that was 3* only rewards.

Another good example was Ultron 1 vs Ultron 2. Ultron 1 was fun, tokens seemed to be reasonably lucky. Their response to people actually enjoying it was to crank up the grind so much that only 2 teams were able to complete Ultron 2

That next-to-last featured node is almost inexcusably horrible though. What Gauntlet should be is 3x 4*'s on the 3rd sub, but not 3x difficulty like they always make it anytime 4*'s are involved. One of the big reasons vets have been quiting is the downright absurdity of how much effort is required to earn 4* heroes, but devs are still clinging to their artificial scarcity ****, and super-scaling that makes nodes that would be tactically manageable at lower levels a case of initial board roulette.
  • I beat the Ultron Loki She-Hulk whitout whales...

I simply used Hulk on the left and Patch on the right.

Used +2 green and +2 all colors.
    Right off the bat you need to get green fast so you can fire Berserker Rage, and after that let the anger begins...

The cycle of anger filling the screen with green and doing incredible damage AoE with the strike tiles, and feeding more Berserker Rage its awesome, and I used that combo in basically all the harder nodes.
  • Whales on last two essential nodes, managed everything else with few maxed guys, but specially LCap.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Just beat the last node with 2* Storm and Magneto (my invisble woman only has 3 covers). The level of the node was 294...can't believe they are still my best team after all the covered 3*'s I have.
  • This is the first time I clear Gauntlet. By the end, the highest level of a team was the last node with 350-360. Used 2xWhales in the last 2 nodes of the Mystique/IW essential because I didn't want to deal with the stupid AI and even then Deadpool jumped 3-4 times in front of a huge hit right before I could use his purple. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif For me, unexpectedly, the MVP was OBW in a team of LCap/Cage/OBW. OBW stole so much AP while hiding behind Cage's tile, that in most games the enemy team only got to use abilities once or twice and those were cheap 6-9 abilities that slipped past OBW. The Punisher joined the fight 2-3 times, mostly when I had to fight high level Hulk/Dino. I don't usually play Deadpool because he is only 3/5/3 and I never, untill now, had to use his purple, but it's definitely fun to watch the enemy team fade away with so little trouble.
  • Used whales on the last two essential nodes, and finally took down the final sim with the help of hood with Mystique and Steve (fantastic boosted stunners).

Hood's ap steal was crucial for finishing IMHB and Lazy Thor before they got redflag.png and greenflag.png off

Hope the devs keep running a gauntlet which rewards a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png every season!
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Apparently I'm the 759th person to complete the third sub and get hulk buster...

There were some really cheesy nodes, some I just wish I had more whales for. Only used it twice, once on the loki, ultron and she hulk node cause that was just plain stupid with those bombs! And also on sim 33 (patch, kingpin and daken) cause that one just miffed me off no end but I soon regretted that cause I should have save it for the essential node with Ironfist, hulk buster and the hood

Sim 42 (lvl 395) and the essential with hulk buster, Iron fist and Hood (lvl 380 when I succeeded in defeating it, I didn't have enough deadpool points to whale it), I attempted each node around a dozen times before i got lucky with cascades so it wasn't a blood bath on my end. But both fights still finished with just one character left standing
  • the scaling on gauntlet is ridiculous for me. I can't even go past 2nd difficulty. This game has become so **** in my opinion. The never ending cascade for AI, the blocking of half your team for events.. seriously.. whats the point to get the XX amount of ppl in ur roster when ur only allowed to use 10 for certain events. Bull ****. Probably i should stop playing.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only whaled the Ultron/Shulk/Loki, i just wanted it to be over by that point.

Wish we could pick the color of the cover though..IMHB at 0/3/2 is still sorta useless... but, my first ever full gauntlet clear. Hulkbombing with Kalama and Hood made this doable!
  • I didn't complete Gauntlet. And i didn't even really try to. I played the first 6-7 nodes in the first sub and that's it.

The reasoning for my choice to not really play was that i valued the time away from the grind more than i valued the Black HB cover.

Props to everyone who grinding this thing out and completed it.

easy...marc
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat it today, made several attempts at Essential 18 and came close. Finally whaled it. Even that took two attempts!

Only use of whales....because that's all the whales I could afford icon_lol.gif

Surprised to see so many people already declaring they didn't finish. Event has several days to go!

But I do expect a flood of no-votes after the event ends!

They may be missing an essential.
  • ypsi
    ypsi Posts: 3
    Stuck on Node 37 with 266 IF/Xforce/BP and I'm going to rage quit. Not enough DPP to cheese it. Registered an account just to vent frustration. Ugh ugh ugh.