Poll - Did you beat the Gauntlet and gotten the IMHB?

atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wanted to get a sensing of the proportion of forummites that completed the Gauntlet.

The gauntlet is designed to be *difficult*. And for the first time in the history of gauntlet, it offers a sweet 4* cover which is proportional to the difficulty.

So seeing the proportion of people who clear the Gauntlet can give us a better idea of the profile of the forummites.

Edit: Will keep the poll up until the end of the event.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I beat it last night and I only cheesed 2 of the nodes with super whales. Some of the nodes were difficult, but I managed after a couple tries. I suspect if I had a usable Iron Fist or Professor X that it could have been easier.

For reference: 7 of my last 8 nodes were 395.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I'm about half way through the 3rd sub and I've had the most success with Deadpool/Cage/Scarlet Witch and when any one of those are locked out I default to 4Thor/Xforce/Loki and that has worked for me so far. Saving 2 charges of super whales for the end.
  • Full 94-114 roster. Only used whales on one if node as i thought i won't clear it. But as i progressed i realized i didnt even had to use whales on that node
  • A list of reasons / ideas why I was successful:

1. Advice from my Alliance (Team composition, who to down first, etc)

2. Gauntlet tips from the Event Forum - Thank you to whomever posted a steam picture showing Lazy Cap, Loki, and Hood.

3. Super Whales - Used Twice ["Tetris" Ultron (bombs) - IW Essential, IMHB / Hood / Iron Fist - Mystique Essential]

4. Completing the Essentials in all three tiers of the Gauntlet after the Simulation 42 Node.

{When I beat it - 258 / 259 / 258 IMHB LThor DP. }
    {After Essentials that node scaled to - 281 / 282 / 282 }

For reference, my hightest level character is Hulk at 111. I have eleven more 3 Stars ranging from 110 - 104, then I have my 2 Star characters maxed.
    Boosted Characters - IW (0/3/1) - Lvl 165, Mystique (4/5/4) - Lvl 160, Lazy Cap (4/4/5) - Lvl 152, Captain Marvel (4/4/5) - Lvl 150, DP (1/2/5) - Lvl 115

Good luck to everyone else!
  • yeah I completed it thats why I said so in the thread viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30176
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes number 140 of my bracket. Like most people I just needed to use SuperWhales in the last two essential nodes, so kudos to the devs for not making this Gauntlet impossible on purpose ( these two nodes on the other hand are really really hard at level 395 icon_razz.gif )
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will beat it, if I get lucky and pull icon_mystique.png
    Cleared all of Global Domination, icon_invisiblewoman.png essential and icon_humantorch.png essentials
    No whales used
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    No, missing an essential. So also waiting on what would be a lucky pull.

But have pulled a missing essential before so fingers crossed the RNG has my back on this one.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    No, I don't think that I'm able to with my undercovered buffed characters. But I've already got greenflag.pngicon_sentry.png, blackflag.pngicon_humantorch.png and blackflag.pngicon_wolverine.png, that's enough for me being satisfied.
  • you should add to the poll: did you beat the gauntlet...WITHOUT using whales?

i've yet to use whales and i only have the tetris ultron node left. so far i'm 0/1
  • I never used whales but Prof X & Marvel Now Magneto carried me through.
  • unco_dan wrote:
    you should add to the poll: did you beat the gauntlet...WITHOUT using whales?

i've yet to use whales and i only have the tetris ultron node left. so far i'm 0/1
    why does that matter? It's not an achievement, but I guess + icon_e_ugeek.gif points to you or something

I save whales for gauntlet so I don't get hella frustrated. No shame in using the tools you're given against an insurmountable foe.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    No. I'm on IMHB/IF/Hood node, but I don't have IW. I also only have enough whales for one of the two nodes, so if I get lucky and pull IW, saving whales for her node.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am on Doom, Cyclops, KK and after taking an 8K optic blast to the face I am ready to rage quite the gauntlet. I generally rage quite the gauntlet and I have gotten farther this time compared to previous. I might go back and do some essentials in run 1 or just go to the simulator. I know when I am yelling "What the tinykitty" at my iPad in front of my kids it might be time to leave the gauntlet alone.
  • wymtime wrote:
    I am on Doom, Cyclops, KK and after taking an 8K optic blast to the face I am ready to rage quite the gauntlet. I generally rage quite the gauntlet and I have gotten farther this time compared to previous. I might go back and do some essentials in run 1 or just go to the simulator. I know when I am yelling "What the tinykitty" at my iPad in front of my kids it might be time to leave the gauntlet alone.
    think of the kids!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    unco_dan wrote:
    you should add to the poll: did you beat the gauntlet...WITHOUT using whales?

why does that matter? It's not an achievement, but I guess + icon_e_ugeek.gif points to you or something

I save whales for gauntlet so I don't get hella frustrated. No shame in using the tools you're given against an insurmountable foe.

People will answer so that they can brag about their geek cred (or humble brag at the least). But I actually do want to hear from people that didn't have to whales that IW essential because I often get great team/strategy ideas from hearing what things did/didn't work for people.

And on topic: Yes, finished it. Whales'd Essential 18 (Bombs-away ultron/loki/she hulk). Beat everything else straight up (though several nodes did take me a couple of tries).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. I'm halfway through the intermediate sub and I don't think that's getting completed. I'm already seeing 160/170-leveled opponents, and the highest non-boosted level I've got is 141. There's time left, I guess, so we'll see. I may give it a crack tomorrow night, but at this moment I'm not expecting to be able to complete the intermediate sub, let alone the expert.
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx wrote:

People will answer so that they can brag about their geek cred (or humble brag at the least). But I actually do want to hear from people that didn't have to whales that IW essential because I often get great team/strategy ideas from hearing what things did/didn't work for people.

And on topic: Yes, finished it. Whales'd Essential 18 (Bombs-away ultron/loki/she hulk). Beat everything else straight up (though several nodes did take me a couple of tries).

I WANTED to use Whales on the last node -- boosted +2 purple and +2 all, focused on matching purple, got 14 (ignoring the falling bombs, mostly)... then I stupidly hit the regular whales button, not the Megawhales! Died shortly thereafter.

Healed IW, then paired her with Lazy Cap and MNMags. Boosted r/y, b/p, and all. Got real lucky with a couple of match 5s early. Of course, this set off Loki, but I had enough purple for Mags, which gave me enough blue to start Cap's shield. Stunned Loki, then got enough red to start Cap's other shield. Loki went down, was able to stun Shulkie before she cast anything, then beat her down with the shield. Ultron was easy after that, as I could always match his bombs, or use a shield before they got too far down.

So, yeah, it was pretty lucky, but that last essential IS possible without whales.
  • Whales'd the last one also but people did it legit with PX/GSBW and Lcap/GSBW
  • Joey Jellico
    Joey Jellico Posts: 103
    Beat it for the first time, because it was never worth the effort before (still not sure if 1 **** is).

But this is how gauntlet should be ran; In the offseason & with a **** cover or two.