Patch Notes - R77 (June 04, 2015)

Comments

• Crashes are annoying an unacceptable enough... but the game treats crashes as retreats, so I lose out on boosts and my characters are damaged.

How am I supposed to collect covers like this?
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Some phantom update just hit, problem is app is still broken. Just quit on me again mid match. You guys need to get on your game...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you have a fix could you please let us know what the problem was, how it got past testing, and what you're doing so that it (or anything like it) won't happen again.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm noticing the game randomly swapping characters in for fights. I didn't see that in the patch notes, so I don't know if it's a "working as intended" thing that just didn't get documented, or if something got broken. But I had a team set, did an essential, the middle character got swapped out for the essential. Went to the next fight, and it was an entirely different set of three characters. I'm so used to just hitting 'fight' if my characters are reasonably full on health that I didn't notice until I was in mid-match and went "Wait, why do I have Wolverine, Captain America and Storm here? That's not who I selected."
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    The crashing does add a whole new difficulty element. "Can I squeeze this match in before it crashes?" It's like a ticking time bomb but I can't see the timer!
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm noticing the game randomly swapping characters in for fights. I didn't see that in the patch notes, so I don't know if it's a "working as intended" thing that just didn't get documented, or if something got broken. But I had a team set, did an essential, the middle character got swapped out for the essential. Went to the next fight, and it was an entirely different set of three characters. I'm so used to just hitting 'fight' if my characters are reasonably full on health that I didn't notice until I was in mid-match and went "Wait, why do I have Wolverine, Captain America and Storm here? That's not who I selected."

Same. The game REALLY wants me to fight with Kamala Khan on my team for some reason during this PvE, even though she's not boosted and is quite underleveled compared to the rest of my roster.
  • DFiPL wrote:

I had it happen at, of all times, the DDQ 1* match this morning. I found it very weird, and was worried someone had accidentally signed onto my account or something, but this seems to be it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The connection issue i thought was fixed, but most of last night, i was unable to connect at all. Seems around 8pm EST, everything went down for me, at about 10pm, i gave up even trying to login anymore.

This morning, i was able to log in again, did DDQ, worked on ISO 8 brotherhood.. now it is down again..

Not sure what is going on...
  • AHHHHHH!! More crashes and my team is damaged when the game comes back up so I have to wait to battle and losing game time. VERY FRUSTRATING! Need fix ASAP or done with this game. Already annoyed by the constant low level and useless covers constantly showing up. icon_evil.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Competitive events (PvP and PvE) should be suspended until this is patched unless there's a fix today. If Bullseye PvP and Carnage subs end with players still locked out anything with a leaderboard is basically screwed.
  • I don't usually post in here but I think I have to make my dismay public. Your update has made me unable to play and basically knocked me out of the running for claiming any high placed finishes in events. I was going to aim for top spot in PVE but that won't be possible as I have struggled with having the game cut out on me. Compensation won't compare to the prizes so I am naturally pissed off. I wouldn't be this annoyed but your last few pves for me have had issues. We had the kingpin PVE which you compensated me for 2months after the event. We then had that Ultron debacle and now this. You clearly want people to still play your game surely
  • Competitive events (PvP and PvE) should be suspended until this is patched unless there's a fix today. If Bullseye PvP and Carnage subs end with players still locked out anything with a leaderboard is basically screwed.

Agreed, but based on their track record...i think we all know that the chances of this happening are zero.

Why take a day to take the game offline and fix a problem when you can just throw a bunch of untested random **** at a wall, not consider/care/check the results of said poo flinging and pack up for the weekend?

I mean, C'mon...it is Friday after all.

easy...marc
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The individual leaderboards aren't even the biggest dilemma. (Anyone who didn't start the event before realizing they couldn't play can just late enter a bracket and maybe still get rewards if it hasn't closed.) The trickier bit is all of the alliances that are not able to compete properly in this event due to sidelined players. I have, at last count, 6 members affected by this outage. Its hard for the alliance to be competitive with 14/20 players. Even if D3 decides to do something to compensate affected players, their decisions have never extended to make the player's alliance whole.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:

Mine REALLY wants me to use 2* Hawkeye.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Nellobee wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Mine REALLY wants me to use 2* Hawkeye.
    Keeps putting Bagman on my team. Thought it was the Devs trolling us.
  • djsquillz wrote:
    Competitive events (PvP and PvE) should be suspended until this is patched unless there's a fix today. If Bullseye PvP and Carnage subs end with players still locked out anything with a leaderboard is basically screwed.

Agreed, but based on their track record...i think we all know that the chances of this happening are zero.

Why take a day to take the game offline and fix a problem when you can just throw a bunch of untested random **** at a wall, not consider/care/check the results of said poo flinging and pack up for the weekend?

I mean, C'mon...it is Friday after all.

easy...marc
    that's how my job does it. They ended up crashing their computers and not being able to open the store until 1PM
  • Same experience with random team selections... I mean, when the game runs.

DBC
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Skynet is coming for us. My teams are also being randomly chosen for me. Makes life interesting.

I also can't even join an ISO Brotherhood bracket. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Deathclaw
    Deathclaw Posts: 59
    I was lucky enough to have not started the Carnage event yet, but I banged my head against the wall trying to get that Vision cover, as he is the only 3* I don't have, but its impossible to get through a 4 wave survival match with the crashes.

And if it takes until Monday, i'll have missed out on 2 PvP events, 4 DDQs, and any of the PvE progression. Thats pretty significant.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    The App Store has an update that says it fixes the crashing issue. I'm still downloading it so I haven't tested yet to confirm it works.

Update--I just played 10 matches in Prologue without any crashes. The update seems to have fixed the issue!