Patch Notes - R77 (June 04, 2015)

Comments

• boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I really hope R77 hits either today or tomorrow. There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people if the TtS bug is still around when the prize is a IF black.

Aaaannd that is exactly what is happening, even though the bug was supposedly fixed. But nope. Attack tiles are still generating from thin air.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really hope R77 hits either today or tomorrow. There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people if the TtS bug is still around when the prize is a IF black.

Aaaannd that is exactly what is happening, even though the bug was supposedly fixed. But nope. Attack tiles are still generating from thin air.

The maddening thing is that it's not predictable. My friend had Turn to **** spawning even after the Teisetsu were dead when he killed the Muscle with an ability.

I had Turn to **** proc "normally" with no extra spawns and completed the Enchilada with no issues. I killed the Teisetsu both ways, too - one with an ability and one with a regular match.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

The maddening thing is that it's not predictable. My friend had Turn to tinykitty spawning even after the Teisetsu were dead when he killed the Muscle with an ability.

I had Turn to tinykitty proc "normally" with no extra spawns and completed the Enchilada with no issues. I killed the Teisetsu both ways, too - one with an ability and one with a regular match.

Killed final guy of first wave with an ability.. Turn to Bugs didn't happen, thought i got off lucky... 2nd wave, i had enough AP to CoS, then Thunderstrike, then cascades galore, finished them off with a sonic boom.. Wave 3 starts.. i make 1 tile match, since wave 2 never got a turn... all holy tinykitty breaks loose.. Turn to Bugs filled the entire board, like a double hailstorm... 2 waves later it went off...

please hurry with this patch.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Wow, I was just going to comment that you can no longer prevent Turn to Smoke by stunning the guy, (is this intended?). I had no idea it also caused an awful bug.
  • ErikPeter wrote:
    Wow, I was just going to comment that you can no longer prevent Turn to Smoke by stunning the guy, (is this intended?). I had no idea it also caused an awful bug.

No, it is a bug with the TTS. They should not be able to fire it if they are stunned.

But the weird thing I have noticed it that sometimes it fires, sometimes it does not. Not sure why that is. . .
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    d0nk3y wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    As always with preview notes, things may change before release!

What Got Better…
      - Bullseye's "Contract Killer" no longer fires excessively. One contract per victim, Lester!

So... question on this. I had a game this morning where I downed a goon using Deadly Precision (downed from power damage), then downed Yelena from resulting match damage after the power. Contract Killer fired only once even though two were downed in the same turn from different actions - working as intended?

I saw a case where I was able to get two contracts for one person (the last enemy in my case). I believe this happens when both the damage of the special move kills and then a cascade occurs. In correctly registering two deaths for one enemy.
    So I would hope that if you actually downed two people in one move with Bullseye that you would still get two contract kills.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    The update is up. Still couldn't quite grasp about the invisibility feature that was mentioned :-/
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Anyone's game crashing now during matches with the update? Mine is crashing consistently and killing my pve/pvp progress.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone's game crashing now during matches with the update? Mine is crashing consistently and killing my pve/pvp progress.

Had this happen twice yesterday before the patch. I was hoping R77 would make it better, not worse.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Marty17 wrote:
    The update is up. Still couldn't quite grasp about the invisibility feature that was mentioned :-/

If you used an Invisible Woman lock bubble on an invisibility tile it would cause invisibility to stop working (as it should), but then when the lock bubble burst, invisibility wasn't active (which it should have been).
  • Totally a killer update, since just now it forced you to update without any warning. If you break shield to do battles, good luck to you all. Shield back later after you download 76MB patch. I hope you are not happen to be outdoor without WiFi...
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    We are aware that some iOS users are reporting game crashes after updating to R77. The developers are looking into the issue.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate the cause and work on a fix. Please add any device information in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30396
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Dave, on Android, it's a FORCED update that cannot be skipped.

Meaning progress points, rewards, node prizes, etc are lost, because the update pop up disallows whatever screen you are currently on, in the game.

Not to mention the fact that you cannot access the game, if you cannot immediately do the update......
  • Can you please make the update optional until you solve the crashing problem so we can still play?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Buret0 wrote:
    Also, it says "R77… A KILLER UPDATE!" which could mean "an update to an existing killer."

It is probably just the revamp to 2* Bullseye to give him a third ability.

Since his 3* ability flat out tells me that he is a contract killer, that's my best guess.

Alternatively, it isn't a new character hint. It is that R77 is going to kill this game.

Well... given how the update has broken the game for a lot of people and we got an update to 2* Bullseye, I see this as a confirmation of my seer status.
  • Haven't had a problem with this since I bought it. Now after recent update game has crashed 3 times on my phone and once so far on my computer. What's going on?
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Crash bug is back!

I logged in to grind my Jugg nodes and crashed to desktop before I could make the first match.

iPhone 5 with latest iOS
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hello everyone,

We are working on getting a fix update approved. We apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing. Thanks for hanging in there!
  • Weenerman
    Weenerman Posts: 5
    Ugh... will you be extending event times because of this?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

We are working on getting a fix update approved. We apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing. Thanks for hanging in there!

\down vote quoted post\

Too late, we already lost a player thanks to this update.