Patch Notes - R77 (June 04, 2015)

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    A KILLER, in upper case. Ooh, it must mean another anagram.

IR KAL-EL.

So, infra-red, and someone called Kal-El. It couldn't be, could it?

Real Ilk.

A Klr Lie?

A Killer Lie! There isn't going to be a fix for turn to bugs!

ALL ERIK

We're getting another 14 Magnetos. One for every variant. Ian McKellan Magneto! Baby Magneto! Fassbender Magneto! "Joseph!" Not-Xorn! Age of Apocalypse! Days of Future Past! Ultimate Magnet! And many, many more!
    Marvel vs Capcom Magneto confirmed
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Rocket, Squirrel girl and Blade? Couldn't you have swapped in Beast for Blade so we could have had the Week of the Furries
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Also, it says "R77… A KILLER UPDATE!" which could mean "an update to an existing killer."

It is probably just the revamp to 2* Bullseye to give him a third ability.

Since his 3* ability flat out tells me that he is a contract killer, that's my best guess.

Alternatively, it isn't a new character hint. It is that R77 is going to kill this game.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:
    Also, it says "R77… A KILLER UPDATE!" which could mean "an update to an existing killer."

Since his 3* ability flat out tells me that he is a contract killer, that's my best guess.

Alternatively, it isn't a new character hint. It is that R77 is going to kill this game.

heh, it being merely a third ability for a mediocre 2* char would be quite the letdown...
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:

heh, it being merely a third ability for a mediocre 2* char would be quite the letdown...
    To be fair, Loki's third ability turned him from a mediocre character to one of the best support characters in the game.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    R77… A KILLER UPDATE!

Bag-Man takes the bag off, reveals himself to be the Scourge of the Underworld.
  • Buret0 wrote:

To be fair, Loki's third ability turned him from a mediocre character to one of the best support characters in the game.
    Doom too
  • Maybe the surprise is making Spiderman viable again, almost like he was an actual superhero? icon_redface.gif

What?! A guy can dream, can't he? icon_razz.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Mix it up in Versus with Rocket and Groot, Blade, and Squirrel Girl

Are these the three PvP's to start season 15? Because these kind of announcements every Wednesday would be excellent if that's what you're doing.

I don't think these are the PVPs that will kick off the season because this patch will probably be released after the season starts. I assume there will be a PVP that rewards Bullseye and a Bullseye PVP before those PVPs come up.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    why do they hide info, i mean why cant they just come out and go... this is going to be the line up PVP wise for the season, i could see the PVE being a little harder but still could work out.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    lukewin wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Mix it up in Versus with Rocket and Groot, Blade, and Squirrel Girl

Are these the three PvP's to start season 15? Because these kind of announcements every Wednesday would be excellent if that's what you're doing.

I don't think these are the PVPs that will kick off the season because this patch will probably be released after the season starts. I assume there will be a PVP that rewards Bullseye and a Bullseye PVP before those PVPs come up.

I said something similar in an upvote comment, and I might as well post it here:

I'm pretty certain, based on the rewards for Nefarious Foes, that the first PVP of the new season will be Falcon. Based on previous patterns, it will then be time for that to award Bullseye. Falcon would be Thursday-Sunday; Bullsye would be Sunday-Tuesday; R77 might drop on Monday, which would make Grocket/Blade/Squirrel Girl likely candidates for the three PVP events for next week.

Assuming that slidecage is correct about the Gauntlet being 7 days, I suspect that Brotherhood would follow immediately afterward as a 7 day PVP. Brotherhood has so many subs that I can't realistically see it fitting into a 3 or 4 day PVE cycle.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:

that's true, but Loki (as is Doom) is a 3*. At the very best a third ability will turn Bullseye into a upper tier 2*, maybe in league with CStorm,OBW, Ares and MNMags...outside of DDQ still not viable for me (yes, I'm being pretty egoistic here icon_e_smile.gif )
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's not forget the other Killers..

Black Widow, could mean something new for her? Maybe a 3* rework?
    2* Bullseye 3rd power, yah that works
    Cletus Cassidy was a serial killer... so Carnage!
  • IceIX wrote:
    (Android Only) Users only prompted to update when necessary

I've been meaning to write about this... or actually something related. Can we get 24 hours notice before an update will be required? What has happened to me is that I'm out without wifi and after an hour or two I can no longer play unless I update over the mobile network, which sucks my data plan dry. And worse, I can't play at all during important events just because I'm frugal with my data (bad idea playing this game anyway, you guys suck so much data I can't believe it).

So I'm probably a rare case but it would be nice not to have such a short window of time to be warned about a necessary update. Also please make the game use less data, not everyone playing has unlimited data plans. =)
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really hope R77 hits either today or tomorrow. There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people if the TtS bug is still around when the prize is a IF black.
  • I really hope R77 hits either today or tomorrow. There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people if the TtS bug is still around when the prize is a IF black.

I actually just commented on this in the DDQ thread.

Do we have any idea when R77 drops? I've made peace with "ninja-awesome-happy-fun-time" madness, but it would be (understatement) great to not have to deal with that particular nasty again...

DBC
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sadly it's Google and Apple, rather than the devs, who control when a new software update hits the app stores.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:

You're at least partially right: in the Gauntlet, 2* Bullseye now has a green power.

Why do these new power debuts always seem to happen during the Gauntlet?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Yeah, I pulled the 2* Bullseye green cover this morning from a token.