Patch Notes - R77 (June 04, 2015)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
R77… A KILLER UPDATE!

What’s Happening…
    - Mix it up in Versus with Rocket and Groot, Blade, and Squirrel Girl - The Iso-8 Brotherhood is at it again
What Got Better…
    - Bullseye's "Contract Killer" no longer fires excessively. One contract per victim, Lester! - Teisatsu's "Turn to Smoke" no longer fires excessively - Previously locked Invisibility tiles correctly grant invisibility once unlocked. Thanks, Sue! - Facebook login does not repeat when you’re already logged in - (Android Only) Users only prompted to update when necessary - (Android Only) Fixed rare crash when launching game from the home screen

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    A killer update
    Carnage incoming
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    This made me think of Killer Instincts. Fulgore incoming?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    A KILLER, in upper case. Ooh, it must mean another anagram.

IR KAL-EL.

So, infra-red, and someone called Kal-El. It couldn't be, could it?
  • fmftint
    Will we see a return of official character previews?
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

Black Orchid ftw.
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker

Black Orchid ftw.

C-c-c-ombo breaker!!!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the addition of upcoming PVEs and PVPs. Hope that stays in future Patch Notes.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    - The Iso-8 Brotherhood is at it again

Does this mean a new prologue mission? Would be nice to have a play new play at your own pace spot.
  • fmftint
    Malcrof wrote:
    - The Iso-8 Brotherhood is at it again

Does this mean a new prologue mission? Would be nice to have a play new play at your own pace spot.
    Id imagine a retooled PVE event. Iso8 brotherhood was a 12 hour sub event. Id also bet it will award A KILLER UPDATE
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Mix it up in Versus with Rocket and Groot, Blade, and Squirrel Girl

Are these the three PvP's to start season 15? Because these kind of announcements every Wednesday would be excellent if that's what you're doing.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Will we see a return of official character previews?

I'm a fan of the interviews given at Marvel.com before a character's release, but after the Quicksilver pre-release nerf, I personally would rather they never give stat-filled character previews on the forum again. It would certainly soften the disappointment towards a mediocre character if we didn't know in advance how much better they could've been (which was marginally better in the case of Quicksilver, but still.)
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    IceIX wrote:
    As always with preview notes, things may change before release!

What Got Better…
      - Bullseye's "Contract Killer" no longer fires excessively. One contract per victim, Lester!

So... question on this. I had a game this morning where I downed a goon using Deadly Precision (downed from power damage), then downed Yelena from resulting match damage after the power. Contract Killer fired only once even though two were downed in the same turn from different actions - working as intended?
  • no what's worse this patch? hmmmm
  • Malcrof
    d0nk3y wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

What Got Better…
      - Bullseye's "Contract Killer" no longer fires excessively. One contract per victim, Lester!

So... question on this. I had a game this morning where I downed a goon using Deadly Precision (downed from power damage), then downed Yelena from resulting match damage after the power. Contract Killer fired only once even though two were downed in the same turn from different actions - working as intended?

Well, if he was paid to kill someone, and blew up their car.. killing all occupants, he still only gets paid for the 1.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    d0nk3y wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

What Got Better…

Well, if he was paid to kill someone, and blew up their car.. killing all occupants, he still only gets paid for the 1.

Yes, but if he was being paid to kill 2 people and both of them were in the same car when it blows up, he should get paid for both.
  • Malcrof
    edited May 2015
    Cymmina wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    d0nk3y wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

What Got Better…

Yes, but if he was being paid to kill 2 people and both of them were in the same car when it blows up, he should get paid for both.

I have a feeling the way it is done in the mechanics is 1 turn = 1 contract. I just tried it in the loaner sub, and it does not proc until your turn is over, and even if you kill multiples in one turn, it only fires once.

You may have found a minor issue.

Edit: It will also proc on what should be a turn ender. Killed someone with an ability, it did not proc, got a 5 match and it proc'd, killed next with ability, ended turn with a 3 match and it proc'd a 2nd time. Since the 5 match was considered a turn ending move, it let it rip, the 5 match then gave me technically a 2nd turn, which is why it went off both times.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Moon Roach wrote:

IR KAL-EL.

Real Ilk.

A Klr Lie?

A Killer Lie! There isn't going to be a fix for turn to bugs!
  • Buret0 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

IR KAL-EL.

Real Ilk.

A Klr Lie?

A Killer Lie! There isn't going to be a fix for turn to bugs!

ALL ERIK

We're getting another 14 Magnetos. One for every variant. Ian McKellan Magneto! Baby Magneto! Fassbender Magneto! "Joseph!" Not-Xorn! Age of Apocalypse! Days of Future Past! Ultimate Magnet! And many, many more!
  • IceIX wrote:

R77… A KILLER UPDATE!

M.O.D.O.K.?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards

Black Orchid ftw.

C-c-c-ombo breaker!!!

KILLER COMBO!