Simulator (May 21 - 24)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Banjo wrote:
    I've still got Sentry, Thor, Storm in the Simulator prep if that's what you mean?

Hey, thanks for replying!

I'm wondering if that node locks up at the end of the first sub? I'm in slice 4, so if you're first sub has ended and it's still open, that answers the question...

Thanks again!

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ultron Fighters should not be allowed to be paired with anybody that can use AP. One of my wipes I had 20 Mischief tiles on the board before Colossus did a Colossal Punch and ended the fight. At least Gunners you can sort of deal with their ability. Swarm? There's often nothing you can do about it because you can't get enough special tiles on the board to stop it before it's too late.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Ultron Fighters should not be allowed to be paired with anybody that can use AP. One of my wipes I had 20 Mischief tiles on the board before Colossus did a Colossal Punch and ended the fight. At least Gunners you can sort of deal with their ability. Swarm? There's often nothing you can do about it because you can't get enough special tiles on the board to stop it before it's too late.
    This only makes me fear for what D3 will deem 'fair' in the Gauntlet....

~~~~

I know folks are complaining the nodes are scaling, but at least in my essentials they're still sub-100 so if you want to drop after progression or stay in the top 400 range, it's doable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Had an epic Moonstone saves the day battle. Was doing the Daken required node so I picked Falcon and figure it'll be an easy win and was like sure, let's bring Moonstone along for fun. The enemies are Elektra, Sentry, and Rocket & Groot.

So I got my strike tiles going and pumped them up, but Elektra did a double double cross, but good thing Moonstone was there to steal them all back or I'll be taking about 1500 damage per match 3. After that, Sentry knocked out Falcon and put a Sacrifice on the board, which I stole again with Moonstone. Then, Rocket & Groot did I Got A Plan, which I was going to steal but the AI caught on the power of Moonstone and immediately matched his own CD to prevent it. However it's too late as the Sacrifice strike tile from Sentry was enough to carry my team to victory. Looking at the fight, it'd have been ugly without Moonstone since I can't stop Elektra from doing double double cross (the strike tiles would always get created by Daken's Phermone Rage), and that alone would have likely ended the game because I was pumping them up too and add the extra bonus Elektra gets for stealing it'd not have been manageable at all, and Sacrifice would've been more than enough to finish the job if the game ever got that far.
  • Phage42
    Phage42 Posts: 18
    Options
    Inarius wrote:
    just beat the invisible woman/kamala/htorch node

it's good to see that Kamala is still as broken as ever. She kept bringing out the rage regardless of whether i was hitting her or switching her or w/e

managed to win due to my obw constantly healing my team and that i got lucky and gathered enough for a call the storm/supernova move to down Kamala

jesus, that node was broken as f**k!

I had great success beating the node with 2* Thor, OBW and Loki. Sounds like you had Sentry in place of Loki. I whittled Kamala down first, and almost had her when Sue got her invisible, spawning yellow invisible tile and 3 yellow protect tiles. No problem! Set off Illusion, got the yellow invis tile and two of the protect tiles matched away (board was full of yellows) and the other protect tile got stolen to become my strike tile. And of course Thor got enough yellow to start painting the board green. The enemy team unraveled pretty quickly from there, finished with everyone pretty much only scratched. Granted the node was only L144 or OBW would've been in a world of hurt.

EDIT: Ah, and Sim 7 with L191 Ultron Prime, Beast and Gorgon? Also totally destroyed that node, this time subbing in Hood for Loki. The enemy didn't manage to get any power off. Thanks, Illiana.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    395 Ultron Prime / Beast / Gorgon decided to use a squirrel girl yellow team up and duplicate them every round. Luckily my strike tiles were outpacing their protect
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember when Bagman use to be on the Simulator nodes.. Felt like 3v2.. Yeah good times, guess those days are gone.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I find it ironic that the Ultron Prime node literally comes down to whether you can stop a Mutagenic Breakthrough or not. I had a Thunderclap TU so that I can have a better chance of matching the blue CD since as long as Mutagenic Breakthrough isn't on the board, it's pretty trivial to win. Sure, Gorgon still hits hard, but Ultron Prime is literally on your side if you can shut off his Hive Mind, since he has a good chance of using up black/red AP for his utterly useless moves compared to Gorgon's. I can see this conversation between the two bosses:

Gorgon: "Okay, give me some red AP and I can do serious damage plus mess up their AP reserves."
    Ultron Prime: "How about I shoot some lasers at their team for 700 damage?"
    Gorgon: "You mean 7000 right? Sounds good."
    Ultron Prime: "Nah, it's 700. Who can possibly survive that?"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    illiana wrote:
    Disclaimer: I have five lvl 166 chars, two of which are Daken (boosted to 260) and Luke Cage (boosted to 240).

For the Simulator I am currently two clears in and my hard nodes range from 186 (sim4) to 267 (sim7). On any given pve, my go-to team for overscaled nodes consists of Luke Cage, Hood and obw. The general idea is to never let the ai get off an ability due to extreme hp denial. In this team composition obw tanks purple, so on every purple match she steals one purple ap. Luke Cages protect tile fully protects her against match damage, so her extreme squishiness is not an issue.

What build is your Cage? Did you go with 3/5/5 for max protection and a focus on black? This way you could use Hood's yellow for damage. Or is Cage 5/3/5?

Yeah, my Cage is 3/5/5, because I indeed made him into a (gasp) defensive character. Black does amazing damage the more you save up, but unfortunately the ai won't do that when you use Cage in pvp. So yeah, I generally use Hoods yellow and not Cages. Most of the times there is some sort of special tile you want to clear off the board anyway, so it all works out!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I used LDaken, cyclops and kamala to first kill beast, then gorgon then ultron.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Remember when Bagman use to be on the Simulator nodes.. Felt like 3v2.. Yeah good times, guess those days are gone.
    bagman still on essential

~~~~~

I do think it's funny that they made Beast "playable" by sticking him on a team with 2 unplayable, OP characters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have to admit, I do like the structure of this PvE. That said, it's kind of a letdown to only have 3 nodes that I can even consider attempting, let alone actually beating.

I'm building a little crew of decently covered 3*s (2 with 7 covers, 2 with 6, a whole bunch with 3-4), but playing mostly with 2*s, even with the boosted characters I'm getting slaughtered.

Under all the complaining about scaling, there are simply a bunch of folks who just want to play the game. I really wish they could give me more fights that I could possibly win and just make them worth half the value or something. I'd be fine not winning fabulous prizes if I could do more than fight 3 times, wait 8 hours, fight 3 times, wait 8 hours...

BTW, four fights with She-Hulk, no green matches and no cascades on their end, and yet every single time a special flashes on my side, her next move is green? Awesome.

Meh. Whine, whine, whine... Blah, blah, blah.

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have to admit, I do like the structure of this PvE. That said, it's kind of a letdown to only have 3 nodes that I can even consider attempting, let alone actually beating.

I'm building a little crew of decently covered 3*s (2 with 7 covers, 2 with 6, a whole bunch with 3-4), but playing mostly with 2*s, even with the boosted characters I'm getting slaughtered.

Under all the complaining about scaling, there are simply a bunch of folks who just want to play the game. I really wish they could give me more fights that I could possibly win and just make them worth half the value or something. I'd be fine not winning fabulous prizes if I could do more than fight 3 times, wait 8 hours, fight 3 times, wait 8 hours...

BTW, four fights with She-Hulk, no green matches and no cascades on their end, and yet every single time a special flashes on my side, her next move is green? Awesome.

DBC

Don't assume something is hard or not just on the levels. She-Hulk is a top tier PvE opponent because not only is she very good to begin with, but having 5/5/5 lets the AI do damage and still disrupt you at the same time. Even if you take another top tier opponent like The Hood, having 5/5/5 on the AI doesn't really give him anything that a player wouldn't have (5 in Intimidation is of negligible impact), but this is not the case with She-Hulk. The hard track on second round features a relatively weak mix of opponents. Even the final node is triival as long as you can stop Mutagenic Breakthrough (and if not you're totally dead). Falcon node is all about denying them yellow and making sure Core Meltdown doesn't trigger. Kamala is a top tier opponent but she's flanked by some relatively weak allies (IW/HT) that can take away her best move due to tripling up on green powers.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You forgot to mention the part where her green always manages to deplete the color you were going to use on the following turn. Thought you were going to use that Righteous Uppercut, did you? Lolno.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:

You forgot to mention the part where her green always manages to deplete the color you were going to use on the following turn. Thought you were going to use that Righteous Uppercut, did you? Lolno.

Should have been clearer, but yeah, that's exactly what I meant. 4 fights, 4 times denying green specifically (using 2*Thor anyway), 4 times my specials flash, and she steals the AP.

Pretty awesome to try 4 different nodes marked "trivial" or "easy" and get wiped by each...

I'm almost hoping D3 starts putting the Ultron enemies into DDQ so I can finally let this game go...

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

DBC

Don't assume something is hard or not just on the levels. She-Hulk is a top tier PvE opponent because not only is she very good to begin with, but having 5/5/5 lets the AI do damage and still disrupt you at the same time. Even if you take another top tier opponent like The Hood, having 5/5/5 on the AI doesn't really give him anything that a player wouldn't have (5 in Intimidation is of negligible impact), but this is not the case with She-Hulk. The hard track on second round features a relatively weak mix of opponents. Even the final node is triival as long as you can stop Mutagenic Breakthrough (and if not you're totally dead). Falcon node is all about denying them yellow and making sure Core Meltdown doesn't trigger. Kamala is a top tier opponent but she's flanked by some relatively weak allies (IW/HT) that can take away her best move due to tripling up on green powers.

Frankly, I'm not assuming anything. I'm merely trying to squeeze some enjoyment out of a game that combines two of my favorite elements, match 3 and Marvel.

9 nodes available. 3 beatable. 3 potentially but not usually manageable (none in this current run), and 3 that I cannot even touch. Makes me wonder how all the newer players supposedly being catered to are enjoying things. If boosted 2*s stand no chance at 2/3s of the PvE, I can only imagine what it would be like to be even weaker...

As I said, I don't care about placement, prizes (I have less than zero interest in the newest shiniest), and whatever, I'd just like to enjoy the game. It's getting harder and harder to do these days, which is really frustrating because I only started playing in earnest a month or two ago after being ultra-ultra-casual for 560+ days...

DBC
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Finding that Blade, Falcon, & Hood work well for me. Make sure you get Blade's Black off early & keep the tile up and that along with Hood makes things a lot easier. Get Blade's purple out along with a few yellow matches from Falcon and even high lvl opponents don't last that long.
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Really enjoying this event, the new format with higher level/more difficult nodes but only one running at once means that skill is rewarding more in comparison to time than before. I got through all nodes first time except for a wipe on the Beast/Ultron/Gorgon node. My team are level 150 2* Thor, level 150 2* magneto and level 121 Gamora. The node has scaled so all enemies are level 200. The first time i made the mistake of targeting ultron first, in an attempt to stop the hive mind. Then (after mutagenic breakthrough happened and i got absolutely demolished) i realised beast was going to have to be the priority (oh, how things have changed) Besides trying to lay the smackdown on the enemies with thor's yellow/green and magneto's red, i purposely saved any purples. As soon as Beast managed to fire off mutagenic breakthrough i'd use magneto's polarity shift and match the blue countdown timer created, preventing it from going off.

After i downed Beast, Gorgon managed to match one of his countdown tiles to start the spread of attack tiles. Thankfully it was too late for them to change the tide of the battle.

Fair enough other people have issues or complaints, but i'd just like to say i'm loving the game. Besides the changes to the events to make them less time-focused, the changes to powered up and required characters have really blown the game wide open. I used virtually the same team for every single event prior and now i've used a completely different team for each and every event since the change. It's great trying new things and seeing how you can make them work icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    It seems like when Ultron Prime duplicates a tile, the tile's strength is greatly reduced. I have the node at 395 so Beast is creating strength 450 or so tiles but the duplicated ones are only around 55. You still can't have any strike tiles on or it'll quickly overwhelm you but protect/attack tiles are almost manageable.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Loftus wrote:
    Fair enough other people have issues or complaints, but i'd just like to say i'm loving the game. Besides the changes to the events to make them less time-focused, the changes to powered up and required characters have really blown the game wide open. I used virtually the same team for every single event prior and now i've used a completely different team for each and every event since the change. It's great trying new things and seeing how you can make them work icon_e_biggrin.gif

Me too. I used to use XForce, Blade, Daken almost exclusively. Now there's more of a point to having a broad roster.