Simulator (May 21 - 24)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    So if an overbuffed black widow isn't enough, the next level with iron fist, cyclops and hulkbuster is.

Congrats. I mean truly, this is a microcosm of how ( assuming is isn't a magic 8 ball making the decisions ) the people who run the show at d3 have ruined the game. I used to play this game for on average 2 hrs a day, and actually set a budget for spending there every month.

Now I've gone from someone who typically finished top 25 in pvps to someone who plays daily deadpool and a few other levels.

Between unnecessarily aggravating episodic levels, poorly thought out mass buffing PVP levels, and a panoply of over powered characters which oddly reflect the universe that marvel is set to release, you have ruined a game which wasn't that good to start with.

So, do I go to PVP where I get waxed by luke cage on a deadpool pvp or go to a simulator where my 200+ level characters can't win?

Answer? Neither. I quit.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I guess we know why the progression reward is set so low. Because the nodes are effing impossible.

Round 1 numbnuts. It's Round 1. What the hell is wrong with you?
  • Unknown
    Options
    And..... that's why i release the whales on every simulator event!!! Feels SO good!
  • Unknown
    Options
    the simulator 05 is impossible. what character i can use?
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The HB/CYC/IF node is ridiculous, took my trusted go-to team of 160 Hulk/155 Mags /155 Hood, things started well, managed to take down IF and had CYC down to 1/2 health and then they started hitting back, managed to get loads of reds from a drop and HB then one-punched Hulk down, managed to rally and take CYC down before I lost mags, leaving hood with 1000 health vs HB with 2000, I niggled him down to below 1000 before they dropped more red and then dropped hood, however the AI in its infinite wisdom decided to use Overdrive and dropped himself and thus handing me the Victory......silly AI...will you never learn.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I used 2*(94lv) Thor, Black Widow and Storm in the HB/CYC/IF node and won the second time around. But my scaling isn't that awful since they're on 102lv. The next node is much worse though icon_e_confused.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This might not work with extreme scaling, but at my level (L200 opponents) Hulk bombing (using Hulk, Patch and lDaken) works very well on Sim 5. IF's attack tile is enough to trigger anger.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Disclaimer: I have five lvl 166 chars, two of which are Daken (boosted to 260) and Luke Cage (boosted to 240).

For the Simulator I am currently two clears in and my hard nodes range from 186 (sim4) to 267 (sim7). On any given pve, my go-to team for overscaled nodes consists of Luke Cage, Hood and obw. The general idea is to never let the ai get off an ability due to extreme hp denial. In this team composition obw tanks purple, so on every purple match she steals one purple ap. Luke Cages protect tile fully protects her against match damage, so her extreme squishiness is not an issue.

Watch the opponents ap very, very closely. Don't use Aggressive Recon unless the opponent has 3 of each ap so you max your steals, OR when they are about to get off a dangerous ability. Prioritise matching away colours that fuel the opponents most dangerous abilities first, and your own good colours (yellow and black) second. I usually save up until I have 30 black for Cage (that's 26k damage now that he is buffed if you have 5 in black; with 4 one turn stuns AD it can be spread out). Yellow is generally saved for Twin pistols.

This works very well ~90% of the time, with the 10% fail rate occuring when the ai gets a cascade in a useful colour and you cannot steal enough ap in your next turn to stop the incoming ability. Even then, Luke can usually survive one big hit.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I went in the HB/IF/Cyclops node with Hulk/Spidey (my Cage only has 1 red)/LCap, and they were able to handle it fairly well.
  • 12chris6
    12chris6 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    I think the progression rewards are so low because this event is pretty short. Also, some of the harder simulations are just too insane to do for normal/casual players.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I finished my progression and only used 3 health packs the entire time.

=D
  • Unknown
    Options
    illiana wrote:
    Disclaimer: I have five lvl 166 chars, two of which are Daken (boosted to 260) and Luke Cage (boosted to 240).

For the Simulator I am currently two clears in and my hard nodes range from 186 (sim4) to 267 (sim7).

I got 244-352 on those same nodes. What do you have for essentials? They're 181-185 for me. I guess the game does remember my 270s even though I haven't used them outside of when it's required on the 4* essentials.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your experience may vary (mostly because I use ~12 characters here), but I cleared 3 of the 4 hards down to nothing last night with barely a health pack used.

Thor/Grocket/Blade against the OBW/UltronSentry/Whoeverthe3rdisthatIforgetrightnow
    Xforce-Cage-rotate red user (deadpool, cap, etc) against Fist/Cyclops/IMHB
    Cyclops/Kamala/She Hulk against Patch/Cage/Daredevil

I didn't find a repeatable solution for the 2000iso node as of yet. Assume I'll need Grocket or Loki to deal with the strike tile barrage. Hulk with a heavier green outlet might work too.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just finished progression before first sub is done, and not even in top 10.. wow people really want this Bullseye!
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hulk with a heavier green outlet might work too.

I tried this. I had Hulk (130) in front, then Sentry and hid Thor behind them, hoping to get some CTS off. I got incredibly close, XF was downed, Cap was down to a couple hundred hp...then he got Sentinel off icon_neutral.gif . He managed to shield everyone down since I couldn't damage him. I was one green match away.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options

I didn't find a repeatable solution for the 2000iso node as of yet.

Before heading to work this morning I managed to do it four times with LThor, Luke Cage and Daken without needing a health pack (but using yellow/red and green/black boosts). They were up to 290 at that point, and will probably be above 300 the next time I see them, so that's all the points I'm getting there.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've found Boosted Fury is a life saver. Throw him in with Cage and a 3rd and his blue is knocking off most people in one shot. I've had good luck so far and am comfortably in 1st. Been using a mix of XF/IF/Cage/Fury/Daken/Blade/Cyclops/Loki.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cyclopes wrote:
    So simulation 5 on day 1 is unplayable for me. IMHB, iron fist, and Cyclops? Like no. What the hell even is that? That's like the best possible team that could exist
    I went with Lthor hood loki. I (well, lthor) can take match damage all day and even the attack tile for a while. its the abilities you have to stop and to me, ap denial is key. fist got one purple off adding some black but didn't cascade and Cyclops added some red to the board, but again didn't cascade so I got lucky and came away the cleanest I could have hoped for - thor lost ~1/4 health total and hood/loki were just scratched.

edit: I for one enjoyed the variety. I ground hulk event for t10 and I've come to hate the dark avengers - all of the ******s. I used no less than 6 different teams on the various nodes today, although the hard side required my best, which is all variations of a small group that all include my only 166 in Lthor. yes, some of the nodes were hard, but I would take them over ares/jugs/daken/etc. and the last node - I may try it for the 2K, but I'm not sure I care enough to down my A team since I need them in pvp today. update: wow, thor/loki/hood came through. I was able to flip the sentry's strikes with loki one turn before it would have thrown core meltdown. that was badass. luckily my scaling isn't crazy high like some and I was only going against 220s. man that's satisfying.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    And..... that's why i release the whales on every simulator event!!! Feels SO good!

THANK YOU for reminding me! I knew I'd been stocking up on those DP points for something. You're right. That was really really satisfying icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    illiana wrote:

For the Simulator I am currently two clears in and my hard nodes range from 186 (sim4) to 267 (sim7). On any given pve, my go-to team for overscaled nodes consists of Luke Cage, Hood and obw. The general idea is to never let the ai get off an ability due to extreme hp denial. In this team composition obw tanks purple, so on every purple match she steals one purple ap. Luke Cages protect tile fully protects her against match damage, so her extreme squishiness is not an issue.

Watch the opponents ap very, very closely. Don't use Aggressive Recon unless the opponent has 3 of each ap so you max your steals, OR when they are about to get off a dangerous ability. Prioritise matching away colours that fuel the opponents most dangerous abilities first, and your own good colours (yellow and black) second. I usually save up until I have 30 black for Cage (that's 26k damage now that he is buffed if you have 5 in black; with 4 one turn stuns AD it can be spread out). Yellow is generally saved for Twin pistols.

This works very well ~90% of the time, with the 10% fail rate occuring when the ai gets a cascade in a useful colour and you cannot steal enough ap in your next turn to stop the incoming ability. Even then, Luke can usually survive one big hit.

That is an awesome combo that I never thought of using. I used it against sim 7 with level 224 xforce, 225 gunner, 224 LCap. My levels were level 144 Cage (1/4/4), level 96 hood (5/5/1), and level 94 OBW (3/5/5). I took down xforce and gunner and had LCap down to 1200hp when they finally got their first ability off. That is a very potent attack. Thanks again.