Simulator (May 21 - 24)

Options

Comments

• Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Just beat Sim7 (X-Force, Steve Rogers, Sentry Gunner, all lvl 309) with Falcon, Blade, Luke Cage. Max match damage boost. Hope this helps.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    At least it ends on a Sunday.

Now I need to figure out what slice I want. If I do Slice 4 and don't start until tomorrow, I can actually keep Slice 4 for it, since there are no work nights on the schedule. I wish I had actual decent options, not "stay up an hour late" or "cram in your final grind before 7 am." The times choices are terrible now.

Sounds exactly like I play. You live in the east coast right?

Yup. Our time options suck.
    no they don't, well the new sunday PVP options kinda suck

~~~~

Yey a weekend event! D3 Listened to me!

Not liking the spread of powered up characters however.
    mike h wrote:
    Wow. Destroyed on the 2nd node, but it ground on for about 5 minutes. What happened to the fun quick bathroom phone game I used to play? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Do you want D3 to increase health again?
    Cyclopes wrote:
    So simulation 5 on day 1 is unplayable for me. IMHB, iron fist, and Cyclops? Like no. What the hell even is that? That's like the best possible team that could exist

Maybe folks will realize the power of Iron Fist and Hulkbuster now, muhuhahaha
    So if an overbuffed black widow isn't enough, the next level with iron fist, cyclops and hulkbuster is.

Congrats. I mean truly, this is a microcosm of how ( assuming is isn't a magic 8 ball making the decisions ) the people who run the show at d3 have ruined the game. I used to play this game for on average 2 hrs a day, and actually set a budget for spending there every month.

Now I've gone from someone who typically finished top 25 in pvps to someone who plays daily deadpool and a few other levels.

Between unnecessarily aggravating episodic levels, poorly thought out mass buffing PVP levels, and a panoply of over powered characters which oddly reflect the universe that marvel is set to release, you have ruined a game which wasn't that good to start with.

So, do I go to PVP where I get waxed by luke cage on a deadpool pvp or go to a simulator where my 200+ level characters can't win?

Answer? Neither. I quit.
    You're finally leaving? I'd upvote but that's against every fiber in my being!
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    illiana wrote:
    Disclaimer: I have five lvl 166 chars, two of which are Daken (boosted to 260) and Luke Cage (boosted to 240).

For the Simulator I am currently two clears in and my hard nodes range from 186 (sim4) to 267 (sim7). On any given pve, my go-to team for overscaled nodes consists of Luke Cage, Hood and obw. The general idea is to never let the ai get off an ability due to extreme hp denial. In this team composition obw tanks purple, so on every purple match she steals one purple ap. Luke Cages protect tile fully protects her against match damage, so her extreme squishiness is not an issue.

Watch the opponents ap very, very closely. Don't use Aggressive Recon unless the opponent has 3 of each ap so you max your steals, OR when they are about to get off a dangerous ability. Prioritise matching away colours that fuel the opponents most dangerous abilities first, and your own good colours (yellow and black) second. I usually save up until I have 30 black for Cage (that's 26k damage now that he is buffed if you have 5 in black; with 4 one turn stuns AD it can be spread out). Yellow is generally saved for Twin pistols.

This works very well ~90% of the time, with the 10% fail rate occuring when the ai gets a cascade in a useful colour and you cannot steal enough ap in your next turn to stop the incoming ability. Even then, Luke can usually survive one big hit.

Wow, Very nice. Got out of the IF,Cyke, IMHB node with some minor scrapes. I don't even have the 5 black in Cage, but it still worked out very well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I guess ppl really are failing at the harder nodes - sim 4 went down 20 levels
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow. just wow. squirrel girl rocks against sentries. wish I'd have figured that out during ultron. didn't have her leveled enough then and didn't trust her. r75 has me trying all kinds of stuff now that so many of my guys r up. she's level 104 now at 5/5/3 and just put 4500 damage on sim sentry fighter node. crazy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    illiana wrote:
    Disclaimer: I have five lvl 166 chars, two of which are Daken (boosted to 260) and Luke Cage (boosted to 240).

For the Simulator I am currently two clears in and my hard nodes range from 186 (sim4) to 267 (sim7).

I got 244-352 on those same nodes. What do you have for essentials? They're 181-185 for me. I guess the game does remember my 270s even though I haven't used them outside of when it's required on the 4* essentials.

My essentials were at ~120 - 130 at the time I wrote my previous message, now they are mysteriously going down in lvls. It's not like I never do pve (I've placed top10 in at least half the recent events, landing top50 in the others) so the difference is not caused by personal scaling I would imagine... You are probably right and are getting additional scaling thanks to your lvled 4s.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Some of the most bizarre scaling I've ever seen...

Tried the essentials early on, wiped SPECTACULARLY. Went back a few hours later (desperation attempt at hitting progression) and completed all three essentials without much concern.

Went back again a couple hours later (knowing full well I'm not going to manage an end grind with scaling), wiped AGAIN. Just went back, and managed the first, but lost my whole team (2* Thor was alive, but at 156 health).

I guess it could be luck, Sentry T-Us (there were plenty), or the barometric pressure, but whatever it is, it's odd...

DBC
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anyone know if the entry node on the main page resets for each sub or stays the same. just need to know if I need to grind it or not. that's the one node I can grind on in this thing icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just joined and, as usual, I missed the freshly opened bracket. Joined one as 297. I don't know what they've done with the board, but the cascades I see lately are out of this world. Breaks the game like nothing before. Just got wiped in my first game (Simulation 4).
    I am seeing quite the scaling considering I completely skipped the last event. Essentials are at 134-137 and Simulation 4 is at 183. So much for having fun with the game for a change.
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    WOW. Sim 7 looked IMPOSSIBLE. On this advice, I went w/ a Level 89 Luke Cage (3/2/2), Level 127 Hood (4/4/3), and Level 94 OBW (3/5/5). Luke Cage, despite being bumped up to 121, was the first to get KO'd, ironically, thanks to just ONE Surgical Strike. Cap was the last enemy left and managed to fire off one red to take out Hood, only to fall to OBW, the squishiest on the whole team. THANK YOU, Illiana for that brilliant idea.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, I just tried to play the MN Magneto essential and although I have him in my roster (found 2 covers today) the game won't see him when I choose the node. I remember reading something like this, but because it had never happened to me before I didn't pay attention. Is there a a way to fix this bug? I already tried to close and reopen the game (Steam).

Edit: Never mind , it fixed itself. Back to grinding.
  • TaoSpoons
    TaoSpoons Posts: 50
    Options
    illiana wrote:

For the Simulator I am currently two clears in and my hard nodes range from 186 (sim4) to 267 (sim7). On any given pve, my go-to team for overscaled nodes consists of Luke Cage, Hood and obw. The general idea is to never let the ai get off an ability due to extreme hp denial. In this team composition obw tanks purple, so on every purple match she steals one purple ap. Luke Cages protect tile fully protects her against match damage, so her extreme squishiness is not an issue.

Watch the opponents ap very, very closely. Don't use Aggressive Recon unless the opponent has 3 of each ap so you max your steals, OR when they are about to get off a dangerous ability. Prioritise matching away colours that fuel the opponents most dangerous abilities first, and your own good colours (yellow and black) second. I usually save up until I have 30 black for Cage (that's 26k damage now that he is buffed if you have 5 in black; with 4 one turn stuns AD it can be spread out). Yellow is generally saved for Twin pistols.

This works very well ~90% of the time, with the 10% fail rate occuring when the ai gets a cascade in a useful colour and you cannot steal enough ap in your next turn to stop the incoming ability. Even then, Luke can usually survive one big hit.

That's a very clever plan. My Hood is missing some critical covers for that plan to work, but I might give it a shot if my current A Team fails.

Speaking of, my current A Team is 2-Star Storm, 3-Star Daken, and 2-Star Magneto. You actually get rainbow coverage on match damage, although yellow and black AP ultimately go to waste. However, Daken tanks and heals when you gather purple, which in turn allows you to fire off Polarity Shift with a lot less risk. Boosted Magneto, in turn, is a really great secondary meatshield for Storm. You don't have to worry about AP denial as much as you do starting up the Windstorm/Polarity Shift combo machine. However, Storm is squishy enough that she can get one-shot very easily. Protect her and she makes it easy for you. Lose her and you might as well retreat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    For those who are wondering, after a 2x clear you get 7610.
    I found that XF(312), Daken (236), Cage (240) was my best chance to beat the difficult matches. Simulation 7 was easier than I expected (at 260lv). The key here is to take down Beast quickly. A well played SS with an X-Force will do the job. Also don't let the enemy team gather blue AP. Once Beast puts special tiles on the board, Ultron Prime's Hive Mind will make the game that much harder. Then focus on Gorgon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    illiana wrote:

What build is your Cage? Did you go with 3/5/5 for max protection and a focus on black? This way you could use Hood's yellow for damage. Or is Cage 5/3/5?
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    For me, Sim05 in Round 2 was extremely difficult (Falcon/Gunner/3Storm). I wiped three times, before limping out successfully with OBW/Cmags/Panther. Panther made it out of the fight, licking his wounds, with 300-some odd health left.

Sim07 cracked me up -- two big, bad, bosses in Ultron and Gorgon teamed up with....Beast? Seems like a third wheel in that trifecta of evil.

The challenge of Simulator would be more enjoyable if the nodes weren't repeatable. I suppose that gets into Gauntlet territory.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sim 5 is some heavy duty bullsheeeeeet icon_lol.gif
  • Banjo
    Options
    Beat Sim7 with XForce, Cage, & Falcon. Took a while, but with a boosted Cage def tile wasn't taking any damage. Take out Beast first, then Ultron. XForce finished with full health & both Cage & Falcon had over 3k health remaining.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    just beat the invisible woman/kamala/htorch node

it's good to see that Kamala is still as broken as ever. She kept bringing out the rage regardless of whether i was hitting her or switching her or w/e

managed to win due to my obw constantly healing my team and that i got lucky and gathered enough for a call the storm/supernova move to down Kamala

jesus, that node was broken as f**k!
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    anyone know if the entry node on the main page resets for each sub or stays the same. just need to know if I need to grind it or not. that's the one node I can grind on in this thing icon_e_wink.gif

Anyone?

DBC
  • Banjo
    Options
    I've still got Sentry, Thor, Storm in the Simulator prep if that's what you mean?