OSCORP Heroic Mode Discussion Thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• I literally have everyone maxed yes I used an android hack and stil can't compete in this tournament I've tried few different rosters and nothing works well I use Spidey gsbw and tried few others gl in this event also if you want to know my punishment for having over 2 mil iso and HP I'm removed from general community so I don't effect anyone in tournament and they can't attack me or effect me so basically in always shielded
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    If there were a meta-exp system in place all of this could be avoided. New players wouldn't have to compete against older players in the same brackets. You wouldn't have to design a convoluted scaling system that attempts to be 'all things to all people'.

You just cordon everyone off, set (and playtest) enemy strength based on that meta-level and then let people go at. You can even use that meta-exp level to help scale the costs of boosts and the size of the rewards. It's stupid that a +3 boost costs a new player 100 hp and the ISO reward for an older player is only 100 ISO.

Everyone would be a lot less frustrated and it would all be out there in the open for people to understand instead of this system now where you expect the player to become a CSI detective every few days.
    Attention Devs,

There are logical, well-reasoned posts like the one above made almost every hour. If you really listen to forum-goers as you claim, why do you ignore constructive and common sense suggestions such as these?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welp. Glad I decided I was only going to coast before the new events started.

Sold my old Thor and Wolverine, so those are only at 2 covers each (and level 8) right now. From the rest of featured heroes I have a level ~70 Spidey and everything else is sub 50. I'm pretty sure both IM35 and BW Modern are just level 1.
  • I literally have everyone maxed yes I used an android hack and stil can't compete in this tournament I've tried few different rosters and nothing works well I use Spidey gsbw and tried few others gl in this event also if you want to know my punishment for having over 2 mil iso and HP I'm removed from general community so I don't effect anyone in tournament and they can't attack me or effect me so basically in always shielded
    Do you still receive all the prizes? If so, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way this game deals with cheaters.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    I literally have everyone maxed yes I used an android hack and stil can't compete in this tournament I've tried few different rosters and nothing works well I use Spidey gsbw and tried few others gl in this event also if you want to know my punishment for having over 2 mil iso and HP I'm removed from general community so I don't effect anyone in tournament and they can't attack me or effect me so basically in always shielded
    Do you still receive all the prizes? If so, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way this game deals with cheaters.

There's nothing wrong with that because with his hacked HP he could've already bought every possible prize in the first place. A hacked player does not factor into the standings of PvE or PvP, so whether he places 1st or 500th every time has no relevance.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    I literally have everyone maxed yes I used an android hack and stil can't compete in this tournament I've tried few different rosters and nothing works well I use Spidey gsbw and tried few others gl in this event also if you want to know my punishment for having over 2 mil iso and HP I'm removed from general community so I don't effect anyone in tournament and they can't attack me or effect me so basically in always shielded

There's nothing wrong with that because with his hacked HP he could've already bought every possible prize in the first place. A hacked player does not factor into the standings of PvE or PvP, so whether he places 1st or 500th every time has no relevance.

Exactly. It's a system to not penalize legitimate players. Supposedly (it probably works decently in practice, but I don't know), a person with infinite resources will have no motivation to play and so won't stick around much anyway.
  • I've dropped to 6th now. #1 has 1746 and his highest character is a lvl 26 Modern Widow. Why I am doing this? Oh, yeah; I need freakin Iso.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

Exactly. It's a system to not penalize legitimate players. Supposedly (it probably works decently in practice, but I don't know), a person with infinite resources will have no motivation to play and so won't stick around much anyway.
    While I recognize that the current system does not penalize legitimate players materially, you'd be hard-pressed to find another game where cheaters are not banned entirely if caught.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    For one, chatting about cheating is fine. Do it in its own topic though and don't clog up a thread that's about a given event please. For two, locking this one so that we're all on one thread. Adding the info from the first post here over to the other.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Stillhart wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:
    Mine are level 10 for the first one...i assume it had to do with how "scaled" your fights where in the last PvE event, i had constantly tanked there.

Same. I'm starting with lvl 20. Routinely flooring your fights throughout one of these events is the way to go. It takes a little extra time (~2 minutes every match or two to tank a set or two of missions), but I rode it to top 10 overall and top 5 in every single sub on TaT.
    And for the 100th time, "tanking" is not fun and an asinine requirement to win. I wonder when the devs are going to realize this...

I don't think tanking is fun either! We disabled the ability to tank in this event.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    L45TN7 wrote:
    and so here I am trying to do well in one event which is affecting how well i do in another event, or in this case - not well. im still sitting on 10pts.

Your performance in PvP events has no effect on Oscorp.
This discussion has been closed.