OSCORP Heroic Mode Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The scaling should be really easy to do... each mission gets its own scaling.

First time through, you get lvl 10 opponents (or appropriate level compared to the Prologue version) for each mission.
    Second time through, the opponents are more difficult at say lvl 50.
    Third time through, opponents get even more difficult to say lvl 100.
    Fourth time through, lvl 150
    Fifth time through, lvl 200
    Sixth time through, lvl 230

Once the points reset, the difficulty resets as well.

With the degrading points, it will allow those who want to grind through have to deal with the more difficult opponents for less points while allowing lower end people to score relatively well. Once the difficulty and points reset, it allows the lower end players to again gain points to work on progression rewards.

People who just started a few weeks ago shouldn't be competing for the top spots against people who have been playing for months. They will eventually get to the point where they can, but it will be a couple of months down the line with a new event.

When I first started playing this game (I was around during the 20 covers days), I didn't care about ranking. I cared about progression rewards and collecting as much ISO as possible so I could compete in the rankings in the future.

Edit: The levels are arbitrary of course... could have less variance of level per play through to allow more repeats for lower end players.
  • I don't mind the difficulty increasing, as rightfully it should. You have a decently strong team, then yes, your difficulty should be on par with everyone elses. So I can see why they would add this whole dynamic leveling into it. However, what I do have a problem is the easy way to exploit the way the system assumably operates. The link is for a screen shot of my bracket leaders roster, at over 600 points. Second place is around 500 with some slight differences. I'd say some tweaking of the system may still be needed, no?

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t43 ... f55aa4.png
  • lazer wrote:
    Can't believe I'm staring at a wall of 230's again... with a reduced roster... that's not even boosted...

Yeah, every mission seems to take forever to finish icon_evil.gif
  • So let me get this straight. You tolld us you knew the DD tournament was broken and would fix it afterwards when everyone and their dog said it was too hard and immediately afterwards do the exact same thing only this time you lock out almost all characters including those designed for use against pve opponents ie original black widow.

Really?

What kind of design philosophy is this?

There have been a crapton of posts saying that the difficulty and resulting stress from the dd tournament are driving them away from the game if not entirely then at least for a while because their burned out and could use a rest and yet here you immediately afterwards doing it again.

I can guarantee you that if you had just posted something saying "hey there's not going to be another tournament until we've sorted this out enjoy the break" that you wouldn't have had a problem. Hell you may have even got thanked.

I really for the life of me cant figure out what the hell you lot were thinking.

This is you last chance as far as I'm concerned and im sure that goes for others as well. Clean up your **** act and get this game back to being fun and worthwhile again.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2014
    Options

Actually, in the Demiurge cut of Avengers, Hulk and Iron man get one-shotted by a Chitauri grunt, Thor is incapable of lifting his own hammer, and Hawkeye doesn't know how to aim. Black Widow tries to use her more effective skills but gets stuck in the wrong outfit.

This was funny
  • Lvl 69 Spidey (Max Blue-Stun), Lvl 69 C. Storm, Lvl 16 Mawkeye. Avg 37 mins per match. consumed 8 health packs, and every enemy is lvl 230. Currently 4th place with 510. Leader has 1581 and IM 35 is lvl 43 for his/her highest character. What kind of alternative universe is this where the more you play, the more you're penalized? I'm all about a challenge, but it seems the challenge is finding where the fun went after the Preview Edition.
  • What the heck??

i have

BW-50
    I35-50
    MHW-30
    Spidy-20
    BWG-15
    Cstorm-6

Only can get 10 shields, The second battle is a daken LV 80 with 2 LV 80 mobs with green freaking power...

WHY THIS NOT FUNBALANCED??
  • If there were a meta-exp system in place all of this could be avoided. New players wouldn't have to compete against older players in the same brackets. You wouldn't have to design a convoluted scaling system that attempts to be 'all things to all people'.

You just cordon everyone off, set (and playtest) enemy strength based on that meta-level and then let people go at. You can even use that meta-exp level to help scale the costs of boosts and the size of the rewards. It's stupid that a +3 boost costs a new player 100 hp and the ISO reward for an older player is only 100 ISO.

Everyone would be a lot less frustrated and it would all be out there in the open for people to understand instead of this system now where you expect the player to become a CSI detective every few days.
  • All the levels in my event were just drastically reduced to no higher than 30.
  • If people had known 2 weeks ago that this is where the game was headed I'm sure there would have been far less complaining.
    Thor and Wolverine nerfs, changes to boost pricing and insane difficulty scaling all being introduced in the same week has made the game slow and incredibly hard.

Now would be a great time to be a newbie. Jump straight in to leading brackets and rocketing through progression rewards. It took me almost 2 months of playing to get good enough to earn my first 4* Wolverine cover via a high tournament finish. Someone who starts the game this week will achieve it in under 6 days at this rate. Earning the highest rewards was a large part of the fun. Knowing I had to play a lot to build my roster to be good enough to compete was satisfying.

Really hope the difficulty gets sorted soon as I love this game but simply can't play whilst it's so broken.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    bonerang wrote:
    All the levels in my event were just drastically reduced to no higher than 30.
    Yep, I just posted this in the other thread, and my app updated too.
  • bonerang wrote:
    All the levels in my event were just drastically reduced to no higher than 30.
    Lucky you.
    Just restarted the app and all my levels are still insanely high.
    Take advantage while you can icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hilarious that it is WAY more fun to read the forums than play the game...
    Don't knock it. I waltzed unchallenged to the HP award in Best There Is with an awful team while the latest meltdown was trundling along.

Around the 8hr mark now, though, so I will've been hammered back down by people looking to 200HP shield. Was going to see if I could get lucky with a shield and wind up high enough for a Spider-Man before sleep while everyone who still thinks late sniping is sane passes points back and forth among themselves, but will probably just cut my losses and take the ISO. Really don't have the roster to be trying for a decent rating on this one.
  • I only did a few missions so far. The highest I've seen is level 170. The battles take forever and you can't really make any mistakes, but I don't think there's something inherently wrong with the difficulty. I suspect it might be easier if you're lower level overall simply because at lower level, Hawkeye and Storm are viable options for damage but not when you scale up. But then higher level characters have access to Spiderman's blue, which is a great equalizer. I'm pretty sure my fights are taking longer than someone much lower than I am, but Spiderman's stun also bailed me out of several situations where the lower level guy would have to eat a Flamethrower, and I'm pretty sure Flamethrower always owns no matter how your scaling is.
  • Wooo, first in my sub off lvl 20 enemies. Please no reseterino.
  • bonerang wrote:
    Wooo, first in my sub off lvl 20 enemies. Please no reseterino.

Same here grinding just 1 pt matches on lvl 24 enemies. 20 iso reward is what I would have been doing anyway on prologue to pump up OB Patchloki. My roots in Dragon Warrior 1 have given me infinite patience for grinding. Not sure if I'll be up to fighting 53430 more matches for the progression rewards but we'll see.
  • bonerang wrote:
    Wooo, first in my sub off lvl 20 enemies. Please no reseterino.

Same here grinding just 1 pt matches on lvl 24 enemies. 20 iso reward is what I would have been doing anyway on prologue to pump up OB Patchloki. My roots in Dragon Warrior 1 have given me infinite patience for grinding. Not sure if I'll be up to fighting 53430 more matches for the progression rewards but we'll see.

My highest level enemies are all 17 now. I don't know what they just did but I hope they don't do some kind of rollback as I now have 1700 points.
  • I'm so glad I haven't started yet.
  • System is completely broken, i'm starting off at lv 230 for 1st mission.

System currently is designed to benefit newbies. Should just break players into their own lv brackets. Awarding better & wider margin of prizes to the higher tiers, so you get better cover each tier till you reach the highest. Just like any MMO.
    The tournaments are broken in the same way with low lv cover people leading and winning the best high lv covers.

Currently It's like a lv 1 char going into the final dungeon in game killing a lv 5 monster and getting the best weapon in game.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    Lvl 69 Spidey (Max Blue-Stun), Lvl 69 C. Storm, Lvl 16 Mawkeye. Avg 37 mins per match. consumed 8 health packs, and every enemy is lvl 230. Currently 4th place with 510. Leader has 1581 and IM 35 is lvl 43 for his/her highest character. What kind of alternative universe is this where the more you play, the more you're penalized? I'm all about a challenge, but it seems the challenge is finding where the fun went after the Preview Edition.

In my bracket people on top places have characters on 40 level max which are disallowed in tournament. One guy has got 26 lvl widow and 15 lvl wolvie and spidey. He is doing quite well so far. Like you said it is alternative universe.

Funny to see that in every heroic event something is messed up
This discussion has been closed.