Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Decided to try Starfall with just Bishop/Iceman this time to control my defense team a little bit. So far, I’ve been able to float just under 600, and I’ve come back to mostly defense wins with just a few Silver Surfer based losses. I assume I’m mostly getting skipped from annoyance with the time a match would take against this team, but that float point is about 100% higher than it’s been since I champed my first 5*. I imagine it would be even worse (better?) if I were using WCap for additional CD grind, but mine is still 1/4/4.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Decided to try Starfall with just Bishop/Iceman this time to control my defense team a little bit. So far, I’ve been able to float just under 600, and I’ve come back to mostly defense wins with just a few Silver Surfer based losses. I assume I’m mostly getting skipped from annoyance with the time a match would take against this team, but that float point is about 100% higher than it’s been since I champed my first 5*. I imagine it would be even worse (better?) if I were using WCap for additional CD grind, but mine is still 1/4/4.
    Worthy/Ice I’d hit all day. Bish/Ice is a skip. Worthy is only good when you you can exploit 8 billion passive CD tiles going off either with a Carol buffing (4* players) or a Hawkeye AP feast (5* players). In both instances you really need two additional characters to make him broken. 

Bishop can stun lock your team and then iceman can add to the 4-turn stun. I want no part of that. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having Kitty and Nico boosted at the same time feels almost like cheating. I think my record so far is something like 54k worth of Strike tiles before everyone on the other side falls over, but it's probably higher, because there have been a lot of matches ended by the Milano countdown or Circuit Breaker, so I didn't get to check after the last round of buffing.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Worthy/Ice I’d hit all day. Bish/Ice is a skip. Worthy is only good when you you can exploit 8 billion passive CD tiles going off either with a Carol buffing (4* players) or a Hawkeye AP feast (5* players). In both instances you really need two additional characters to make him broken. 

Bishop can stun lock your team and then iceman can add to the 4-turn stun. I want no part of that. 
    I don't expect it's an unbeatable team, just a team that puts out a ridiculous number of CDs that all need to tic down on my turn whether or not animations are turned on, and both characters have more damage soak capacity than Bishop does between them. It's more about putting out a speedbump tall enough to make those sportscar rosters swerve a little rather than raking in defense wins. I assume y'all know better than I do, just felt like an interesting alternative.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I believe that those auto-death powers (whales, whales, whales, original recipe Cunning Scheme) mechanically worked by dealing some very high amount of damage rather than sending a separate "you're dead now" message. So jump-in-fronts will eat Deadliest Woman generally. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Having Kitty and Nico boosted at the same time feels almost like cheating. I think my record so far is something like 54k worth of Strike tiles before everyone on the other side falls over, but it's probably higher, because there have been a lot of matches ended by the Milano countdown or Circuit Breaker, so I didn't get to check after the last round of buffing.
    Got up to 80k by the end of the Wave node on final scaling.
    But my true best moment was the return of the holiday loading screen. The yearbook thing was getting old, and I love the snow falling on the holiday one.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Thanks to shards, I have all of the 4* characters (aside from the three limited, Rahne and M.O.D.O.K.) now at 13 covers. Yes, all of them. Including Talos. My Talos build when I chased him with shards was a 4/3/4, so I just put the 400 shards into that middle slot, and boom - 4/4/4. Drew a Talos in covers the day after I had that 4/4/4 build, so he now has 13 covers. He may be the last character I ever decide to champ in the 4-star realm, but at this moment, he can be champed...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a nice little token chain today. Two heroics from a lightning round got me a couple 2*s, then one of those got me another heroic which was a 4* Blade which gave a legendary and then with that I got a 5* Prof X. I usually get t25 in lightning rounds but was a bit bummed to get pushed out in the final minutes. But, hey, can't complain for getting two 2*s, a 4* and a 5* from t50 in a lightning round.
  • TPF Alexis
    Quick Claim for Elite Tokens!
  • TPF Alexis
    I'm only playing for Progression in Sim, so I took my time and did the 5E with Hawkeye, HammerCap, and Coulson. Not fast, but that is a pretty fun team, even with my Hawkeye just a 3/1/1.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2019
    PiMacleod said:
    I never post in here.  I just dont think to do it.  But here we go.

In Shield Sim, i just got done beating a champed Gritty-Juggs team...
    ...using only 4*s...
    ...and no Whales team up...
    ...and not a single character died on my team.

Bishop, Quake, Nightcrawler
    (Bishop yellow at 3, Quake green at 3, Nightcrawler blue at 3)

Bishop takes the hit as always... But NC takes nothing from any Juggs hit, and quake makes it so that its almost void the first two rounds.  Bishop is mainly only taking match damage for a couple turns.

Each turn, use Quake blue to eliminate the color that has the most enemy strikes on it.  Try to avoid targetting purples if you can.

After 2 or 3 turns of this, use any quake blue if necessary to make sure the board is purple heavy.

By this point, youve shouldve gained a bit of purple from cascades or matches.  Enough at least for one Bamf.  And now its win-finite time!

Use quake blue here and there in order to trim other colors down if need be, but in the end, its just Bamf for days, throwing out a NC red here and there for fun.

Maybe it was luck... But i couldnt help but try my hand at an idea once the gears started turning.
    @PiMacleod
    This team single-handedly got me to the 4* cover in Simulator over the weekend!
    It worked so well I couldn't stop until I reached the end. I played 9 consecutive battles executing them exactly the way you prescribed it and it worked flawlessly. I was 9-0 in those battles, earned over 400 points (some of those JugGritty teams have juicy points values!) and jumped from my float point to 2,000. I even only had to use 6 health-packs (all on Bishop, of course) along the way.

Afterwards, I threw out a Grittydusa team to put a better team out for defense/scarecrow, but at that point I didn't really care, my placement was already pretty much set.

Thank you for sharing this team! It was not "just luck", it's "just genius". 

PS: One slight addition to the strategy, once you've successfully flipped the board to massive amounts of purple and are simply win-finite Bamfing their brains out, eventually (usually through match-4s) you will get enough blue to fire Bishop's stun. Stun Juggs and the Bamfing will be much more effective against him since it negates his passive match damage reduction.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,714 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    I never post in here.  I just dont think to do it.  But here we go.

In Shield Sim, i just got done beating a champed Gritty-Juggs team...
    ...using only 4*s...
    ...and no Whales team up...
    ...and not a single character died on my team.

Bishop, Quake, Nightcrawler
    (Bishop yellow at 3, Quake green at 3, Nightcrawler blue at 3)

Bishop takes the hit as always... But NC takes nothing from any Juggs hit, and quake makes it so that its almost void the first two rounds.  Bishop is mainly only taking match damage for a couple turns.

Each turn, use Quake blue to eliminate the color that has the most enemy strikes on it.  Try to avoid targetting purples if you can.

After 2 or 3 turns of this, use any quake blue if necessary to make sure the board is purple heavy.

By this point, youve shouldve gained a bit of purple from cascades or matches.  Enough at least for one Bamf.  And now its win-finite time!

Use quake blue here and there in order to trim other colors down if need be, but in the end, its just Bamf for days, throwing out a NC red here and there for fun.

Maybe it was luck... But i couldnt help but try my hand at an idea once the gears started turning.
    @PiMacleod
    This team single-handedly got me to the 4* cover in Simulator over the weekend!
    It worked so well I couldn't stop until I reached the end. I played 9 consecutive battles executing them exactly the way you prescribed it and it worked flawlessly. I was 9-0 in those battles, earned over 400 points (some of those JugGritty teams have juicy points values!) and jumped from my float point to 2,000. I even only had to use 6 health-packs (all on Bishop, of course) along the way.

Afterwards, I threw out a Grittydusa team to put a better team out for defense/scarecrow, but at that point I didn't really care, my placement was already pretty much set.

Thank you for sharing this team! It was not "just luck", it's "just genius". 

PS: One slight addition to the strategy, once you've successfully flipped the board to massive amounts of purple and are simply win-finite Bamfing their brains out, eventually (usually through match-4s) you will get enough blue to fire Bishop's stun. Stun Juggs and the Bamfing will be much more effective against him since it negates his passive match damage reduction.
    Very cool to hear that it worked so well for someone else!

And yes, that Bishop stun on Juggs does the job.  Although i'll admit, i used the Quake greens to hit him, since i knew the board wouldnt make matches after the shuffle, and my BAMF color would be preserved.

Just reading that this worked for others is my new  "moment of the day".  :)
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I got ten five star covers from the Champion Rewards Update, which meant I was able to champ Storm and Banner. For a player who has only ever spent £23 on the game, I now have seven five star champions, which I think is pretty decent :-)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Had enough CP for 9 pulls in the Valiant 5* release store. While I usually only pull Classics, I decided to go for it - why not?
    9 Pulls = Five 4*s + 2 Helas, 1 Thor (green, nonetheless), and 1 BRB!
    Had 20 CP left over... that sounds like a Classic to me, feeling lucky...
    ... 5torm!
    10 pulls yielded Five 5* covers!
    That hereby consumes all of my RNG good luck for quite some time.

PS: One of those 4*s also got me the exact cover I needed to champ Domino (who I have been wanting to finish for quite some time), meaning I can now skip her on my shargetting list and move straight to Wolfsbane next.
  • TPF Alexis
    I managed to pull another Iceman yellow. Even if I don't pull another before he leaves, 7 more levels on his 4* will be the first time I've managed to champ a full set of Latest.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    Got the new 5* from a single LT. That's luck, right?