Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hadn't realized just how much my previous Alliance had gone downhill until someone invited me to join a new one. It's really revitalized my interest in the game.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First thing I'm a no-hoarder. And yesterday was the 1st time ever that I champed a 5-star (Prof. X) who is still in Latest. Didn't think this was possible without hoarding. I was very lucky recently as I have not drawn BRB (0/1/0) nor Carnage (0/3/0). Seeing the number of covers on these two I'm sure I will not manage that task again in the near future. But Prof. X might be the best of them so I don't regret. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled an organic Hulkbuster yesterday.

before you laugh, I’m 1 cover shy of Rescue being finished, but my Shard Targets are all pointed at Shuri/Okoye with my 3* grinding that long background road on IM40. So this organic Hulkbuster just puts him at 298 - and my 221 IM40 still has 2 covers left in him meaning I won’t have to target HB directly to finish her up and can just move on to the next one.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After sub-optimal clears for the first half of Infinite Pursuit I went a little harder on Subs 3 & 4 and somehow squeaked into #20 by 500 points.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Ares76 said:
    First thing I'm a no-hoarder. And yesterday was the 1st time ever that I champed a 5-star (Prof. X) who is still in Latest. Didn't think this was possible without hoarding. I was very lucky recently as I have not drawn BRB (0/1/0) nor Carnage (0/3/0). Seeing the number of covers on these two I'm sure I will not manage that task again in the near future. But Prof. X might be the best of them so I don't regret. 

It is definitely possible. It takes some luck and some hard work, but it tends to snowball after your first one. Chuck is probably a pretty good transition 5*, too. Congratulations!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my first Bag-Man of 2020 today
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Surprisingly, my moment of the day came from reading the dialogue in the Heart of Darkness PVE.  I was still screwing around with a team of Hawk-Guy, Squirrel Girl & the Hood (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/909376#Comment_909376) to unlock the Dark Designs sub and had arranged it for Squirrels, Squirrels, Squirrels to down all three of the Maggia goons I was facing.  The next dialogue was the Punisher telling them where in Illinois the Hood fled to and Davedevil asking, "What did you do?!?"  Having the Punisher respond, "You don't want to know..." when the actual answer was that the Maggia goons were overwhelmed by a legion of squirrels is pretty much the perfect response.  It at least made me chuckle :)
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2020
    Options
    In 2020 my best moment is that I realized that 3* R&G is shard feeder for both Drax AND 4* R&G. All shards for Rocket and Groot....lol slowly but surely they 4* will become max level in a year or two....😎
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Running Professor X and Okoye, and getting a Team-up match-5 on the starting board!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting a 2* Bullseye, which gave me the final shards for 3 Bullseye, which gave me the final shards for a 4 Kingpin, which gave me the final shards for a 5 Daredevil.  The final champ level gave me an LT but it was Rulk, who didn't know where he wasn't welcome and broke the chain.....this is a case where Elektra would have been the perfect pull.
  • 111MCH111
    Options
    Today Gamora 4* did it again. A board with purple special tiles. Always nice when that happens. K.O.
  • JSP869
    Options
    Running X5 and Okoye I had the choice of two team-up match 4s, both horizontal, one at the top and one at the bottom of the board.
    Against a non-tile mover team I decided to go for the top match 4, as there was less chance of the lower match 4 being disrupted by my move.
    What I failed to notice was that the gem breaking up the lower match 4 was the same color as the upper match 4.
    I was pleasantly surprised when that gem was the one randomly chosen to be destroyed, giving me both match 4s in one move.
  • 111MCH111
    Options
    First time ever to end in top 50 PVE lvl9, I got the 4* reward, yeah! It’s the little things that make me 😃 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks to a little bit of encouragement and some PvP tips my co-commander and I have taken our Alliance from finishing top 1000 to just outside of being a top 100 alliance in just one week! I am especially pleased as the original target was just to get Top 500 per event this Season. Smashing it! Shame I screwed up PvP today though!
  • 111MCH111
    Options
    Just finished in ONE round the final PVE fight versus DeadPool, Hulk and Dino. Lvl 9.  Insane amount of cascades. I counted 6 💎 for 5 in-a-row. Kitty, R4G and Dr Strange this time. I used the blue stun power after the cascade on last Dino standing....so you could argue, that it was not one round, but a little more....really great finish 😎
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had forgotten exactly how much a boosted 3* Strange can completely remove the annoyance from the 4* Star Lord, Kamala and Vision node in the first sub of Deadpool vs MPQ.  
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just got my first 4* from a Mighty Token. It went - Strange days Round Reward token->2*cap=cover 13w 1saved so I tilled the soil and champed him->Heroic->2*Daken->Mighty-> 4* Wolfsbayne Red- Go for Throat. Woot!!! I lurvs it when rewards chain! She is dreadfully lacking covers so she was doubly welcome! There is a certain joy in applying the first 13 covers of a character. I have to remind myself sometimes what powers do what and sometimes it’s like meeting an old acquaintance on the street: “hows that old expensive power of your doing? Ohh yeah and whats your repeater doing these days? Give my regards to your one good power! ”
    So after reaping from my organic farm I went and checked in on my shard farm (sharm?charmin?) status: I am more thanhalfway mark to my first 5*shard reward(GED#12)! approx Halfway to shard finishing (shardishing?) Namor (800/1600) and my 3*s are all filling up their pools more or less equally-soon,soon,soon I will have an instant reward button for any 3 when an LT or whatnot comes around. Ahh the joys of Farming!!!
    So the farm is providing, the late crops are ripening nicely, I can see the finish line on my ”second prize in a beauty contest for worst character” project. things are progressing in the right ways and tonight as I play bagman in PvP and look forward to using my DapperDEvilDina in second rd of DPvMPQ;
     I am content and pleased with the silly, simple joys this game can give us.
  • JSP869
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    I had forgotten exactly how much a boosted 3* Strange can completely remove the annoyance from the 4* Star Lord, Kamala and Vision node in the first sub of Deadpool vs MPQ.  
    I chased Doctor Strange and just made him my first 3* Champion on my Alt account. Was perfect timing with him boosted for Deadpool vs MPQ. His PvP event was just gravy :grin:
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just pulled 250 hp and 10,000 iso out of the taco vault in my first two pulls. Nice start to the day.

Hold on one second...

I have a retal in Shield Sim against a team of Howard, Peggy and X-Wolvie. Mmm delicious.