Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s the Marvel-Boyzone crossover that absolutely no-one has been asking for. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Joined HAT 5.9 when it flipped, then later remembered I'd bought tickets last week to see Endgame at 10pm (last night). There goes T20, I thought. Oh well, at least I should still be able to get T50 (CL9, so two Ronin covers).

Did my Sub 1 final clears over an hour early, watched Endgame (AWESOME!!!), then did Sub 2's initial clears when I got home at 2am, and was happy to see I was still in the low 20s. I doubt I'll break back into T20, but T50 is a shoe-in.

But then, while laying in bed at 2:30am...I made the mistake of opening all my tokens.

Tappa-tappa-tappa-ZzZzZz-snort. Blink. Stare at screen. Tap to collect the cover that's there, and...a second cover? Huh? Okay. Tap to collect it...and another cover. Wha??? And...why is there a Fast Forward button in the bottom right corner...oh no.

Oh, yes.

PSA: Don't open Tokens while you're laying in bed and falling asleep.

I bought a Heroic 10-pack while dozing off.

But this IS Best MPQ Moment of the day, right? Why yes, yes it is :smiley:

I got three 3*s from the 10-pack, including two Daredevils (one was a BH). He's now 226 so 1 more cover and he'll give me an LT.

I also got a 4* AND a bonus 4*. Pretty good, right? It gets better.
    With those two covers, the two 4*s went to 300, and 290, so I got two more LTs for the Hoard.
    Lok'tar ogar!!!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was battling some level 300 or so rock monsters + goop monsters in HaT - turn one gives me a black match 5, the board resolves to then give me a blue match 5 which cascades in to two more match 4's, this triggers Chavez who kicks one monster in the face, Peggy then stuns another with her blue and Moon Knight has enough black to punch out another one...all before my first match 3! The fight is over before the last monster gets un stunned thanks to a Moon Knight green! Why can't every move be like that, lol!
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled a Top 50 finish in Honor Among Thieves SCL9 for the first time in a few months and nabbed two Ronin covers from the event. Changing up my team on the 5-star node to America and Vulture seemed to do the trick, as there were no tile movers in the first two days, and I only fought for 4 clears against Nova's node.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kept blowing off PVP simulator until last night, with only 10 hours on the clock and an early shift at work this morning. Blasted through to 1100 points and 10 healthpacks before going to sleep. Then blasted up to 2000 just before work. Used JJ, Chavez and Bishop, switching Bishop for Rogue after running out of packs. 
    Talos now at a respectable 1/1/1. :neutral:
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a good MPQ day.

After sitting in the 4th spot for the whole event during Honor Among Thieves I crushed the last sub and ended up finishing 2nd overall for four Ronin covers - my best finish ever since moving to SCL 8.

I also pulled the Magik cover out of the Hawkeye & Friends vault, which puts her at 3/4/3 and allows me to level her to 209 so I can finish Ronin's SHIELD Training tomorrow. Also nabbed the Ronin cover out of there. RNG goes our way, sometimes! Since my alliance finished T100 I got a 6th Ronin cover, starting him out with a very even 2/2/2 spread.

To top it all off, I went up a SHIELD level (133rd) and got a tidy sum of ISO I can put towards my 3-star farm dupes waiting to get champed.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finished the Time Stone season in 9th place in SCL9, first time I've ever been T10 for the season! Came down to the last few hours; I didn't think I was gonna be able to pull it off before that. But thankfully I had two completely clean hops in Sim, which put me over the top. 
  • JSP869
    Options
    I wrapped up the PvP Season with a new personal best of 14,000+ points (I'd never come close to hitting 10k before), and merc'd into a T50 Alliance to get the LT.

After suboptimal clears early in HAT, then taking almost an hour for Sub 3's initial clears, I somehow pulled off a T20 finish, coming in at #18 (or maybe it was #19) by a little over 1,000 points to nab the 3 Ronin covers.

Usually after crushing my clears for a release event I feel drained and have little desire to play the game for a few days. But in spite of my determined effort in HAT, and having played A LOT more PvP this Season, I'm somehow not feeling burned out.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wasn't today, but I had a great weekend with classic 5s

Friday - Pulled a red Jessica Jones, and got a BH on an LT pull - which was a red Thor. This put JJ up to 5/5/2 which isn't ideal, but I'd have laughed if you told me that my JJ was going to join my 12-cover 5-stars a few months back. As of October 2018, my JJ was at 2/5/0. Too bad they decided to switch things up with America's champ rewards, I guess I already got my blue at Lv. 300. I'm getting a black at Lv. 320, and won't get that last blue until Lv. 350. As someone who never really hoarded for the sake of 5s (I did it strictly to try to rush cover the 4-stars that just entered tokens), I'm quite impressed by her growth in what feels like short time. 

Saturday - Pulled a blue 1st Avenger Cap, which finishes him at 3/5/5. The meta has long since left him and Tony behind, but his yellow would be the closest thing I've got to a nuke at the 5-star level for right now. My Goblin's yellow doesn't do damage, and Tony's yellow only does damage if the countdowns last long enough (even then they mitigate nukes first)

Sunday - Pulled a yellow Thor, and now he's 4/5/3 along with the BH cover I got on Friday. In that same roster update from October 2018, here this guy was sitting at 4/4/2. Thor had been my BH since then.........so in that same span of 7 months since October, my Jessica Jones got 5 covers. My Thor got 2. AS MY BONUS HERO. And those came in the past couple of days. RnGesus will give and taketh away indeed. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kept blowing off PVP simulator until last night, with only 10 hours on the clock and an early shift at work this morning. Blasted through to 1100 points and 10 healthpacks before going to sleep. Then blasted up to 2000 just before work. Used JJ, Chavez and Bishop, switching Bishop for Rogue after running out of packs. 
    Talos now at a respectable 1/1/1. :neutral:
    I got to 1950 in Simulator after blowing it off for too long and then ran out of health packs. I climbed 600 points in the span of an hour and a half by being slightly picky with my competitors and running a Bishop, Iceman and X-Force Deadpool. That team is a brutal synergy. 
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled my "Hawkeye and Friends" token Reward that I got from the first TaT sub and pulled the Legendary Token!
    Decided to go all Thanos-like, buying the daily deal to bring balance to the universe and pull a 2* cover...
    Pulled the Magik cover to bring her to 3/4/5!
    Good start of the day. :)
  • JSP869
    Options
    On my third pull from Ronin's vault (2 tokens, and a 100-HP pull) I got his Green cover, so I immediately reset his Vault, and this morning pulled the Legendary Token from it.

This morning I also got Ronin's progression reward cover from TaT, being my eighth cover for him, and so I was able to level him high enough to clear the fourth node and get every progression reward from his Shield Training event. This is only my second time getting every progression reward from a Shield Training event. I currently have more covers now for Ronin than I do Thanos :tongue:
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After getting beaten down repeatedly once I crested 600pts in Ronin's PVP, I realized I've been sitting on 999,999 Deadpool Whale points for over 6 months and unleashed the Kraken on my way to 40 wins.    With hours left in Sub 2 of TaT, I now have Ronin rostered...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled the green Ronin cover from my Hawkeye and Friends vault, which is exactly what I needed to finish the 4th one-on-one node of S.H.I.E.L.D Training to get the final progression reward. 
  • JSP869
    edited May 2019
    Options
    After a terrific Season hitting 1200 in almost every event I'd grown complacent with PvP and had started to take getting the 15 CP for granted. Then Ronin came out, added a whole new level of pain to the Gritty teams, and I was struggling to hit 1200 in his PvP event. It does not help that I not only never finished Kitty myself, but only have her at 1/-/1, so my typical PvP team is Thor & Okoye, and they're an easy target in a sea of Grittys.

After a couple of two steps forward, one step back hops yesterday, I managed to get to the low 1000s last night and # there, hopped to 1140 earlier this morning, then Qd up a juicy but prickly 70-point target.  Prickly, because of course it was a Gritty team.

I added +2 to Team-Up AP, and +2 to All, and took one of the few Team-Ups I'll willingly use with Okoye, being Medusa's Hair Meddle. I couldn't take Whales! because my anti-Gritty team is Okoye and XPool. It works, but like all things Okoye it's heavily reliant on getting Team-Up AP as quickly as you can.

I did not get a good starting board, but it wasn't horrible either. I did get some Team-Up AP, but not a lot. It was enough to bring down Kitty and Ronin went down right behind her, but Okoye wasn't in very good shape herself, either, and she can only boost X-Enforcer if she's alive.

Fortunately I'd made two Team-Up matches, and with my starting boosts that meant I had 10 Team-Up AP, being just enough to cast Hair Meddle.  But there's catch. One, it's a random board shuffle, and I've had it miss every single SAP tile before. And two, with no Team-Up AP in the bank, that would severely nerf X-Enforcer, but if Okoye is dead she can't boost it anyway, and so I went for it.

Incredibly, I saw every single one of the enemy team's SAP tiles get shuffled.

But then I had a brief moment of panic when I saw a match 4 appear below one of the Strikes because I knew if a shuffled SAP falls from its new spot it doesn't always get stolen.

But then one of the middle tiles in that match 4 got shuffled away to a new spot! Yes!

And now I was the one laying the smack down on R4G, except with him still at full health it was taking me several turns to burn him down, and without his boosted Strikes he wasn't hitting me hard enough to proc X-Enforcer. Not that I had any Team-Up AP to boost it anyway.

To make the situation even more dire, with just 2 hours remaining in the event I knew there were sharks in the water below me, and I knew they were hunting for juicy targets like my Okoye/XPool team.

After what felt like an eternity I finally finished off R4G and was elated to see a Claim button on the pop-up. It had been a brutal PvP event, but I still managed to get 1200 points and the CP! Barely.

I claimed the CP and #d out,  and not a moment too soon, barely a minute or so later three #d hits came in. Too late, sharks! Too late!
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled the LT from the 'Hawkeye and Friends' Vault, and this is after I got the 4* Thanos cover from his Vault a while back and the Talos cover from his Vault too. These new character releases have been pretty good lately, since the previous new release I pulled from a token was 4* Thor I believe...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a Kamala Khan 223 out of Earth’s Mightiest tokens, that Medusa was good for 4cp, and that had me enough for a Latest. I got a red Danver5 for 4/1/3 that came with a bonus yellow Okoye, making her 6/4/1. My Shuri is at 283, I’m curious if I’ll manage to bonus her to champ before I finish getting Chavez to 360 or if I’ll have to chase her via Shuri covers in the end?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time ever using an essential boosted champed 5* Strange (champed last week), finished 5th after first clear.. barely remember it happening!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First LL pull today was Hela red. :smiley:

Thank you rng!