Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled 20 Classic tokens and I got:

1 5* (15th pull)
    4 4* BH on the 11th, 12th, 19th and 20th pull

In the process, I champed another two 4*.   o:)
  • Dragmus
    Dragmus Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Out of six pulls in Forces of Nature, I got Storm, Kitty and Sabretooth.

I'm glad that was all the CP I had because I'm sure that luck wouldn't hold up if I could keep going.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I waited until today when Ronin and Sabertooth entered tokens to try for Rescue.
    1st pull... Rescue. Ok, that was easy.

Moved on to Forces of Nature. 6th pull... Storm! Both newest 5*s from 7 total pulls.

With my Kitty only at 4/2/4 and me really wanting to finish her, I'll probably hit the vault again once my event tokens roll in.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After what I felt was an abysmal pull rate for more Sabertooth covers this morning (25 Heroics, and 35 Classics, for just one Sabertooth cover) with the CP trickling in from Galactus I finally got another 20 CP for one more pull this afternoon.
    It was a Powerman...with a bonus Black Sabertooth cover!!! He's now 4/3/3 and level 209.
    I just took him for a spin in the newly opened Simulator with his old buddies Thor, and Okoye, and destroyed a few Gritty teams and a few Gamora & R4G teams :smiley:
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    After what I felt was an abysmal pull rate for more Sabertooth covers this morning (25 Heroics, and 35 Classics, for just one Sabertooth cover)
    With 6:7 chance of a 4* and about 80 4*s possible, the odds of pulling a particular 4* is about 1 in 94 from latests and classics. To pull one from a Heroic is miniscule outside bonus heroes.

Ok, nevermind. Assuming Sabertooth is your only 4* Bonus hero, then you should have averaged about 2 from those pulls. Getting 1 may be below average, but hardly abysmal.
  • JSP869
    Options
    I didn't beat the odds, nor did I get screwed over. I got two 5*s from the 35 Classics so that was roughly on par with the posted rates. My problem was I was feeling really optimistic when I started pulling, but the results did not meet my unrealistic expectations. The actual results weren't bad, they just were not what I was expecting/hoping for.
    But with the second bonus cover this afternoon, I'm in great shape to finish him the next time he's a placement reward. I was just hoping to finish him today. Unrealistic expectations on my part ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems to have been the week for 5* for me.

First Rescue, then JJ, then Storm and I followed that with a CM5 Green and another Rescue red from a total of 15 pulls across 2 stores and LT's.

Obviously now I expect to get severely punished as I intend to see if I can get any Kitty's (but really to get some Sabretooth's) I can't really complain too much.
  • JSP869
    Options
    Bought a 10-pack from Ororo's vault. Did not get the 4* or the Token, just some Iso (which is always good), two Heroics tokens, a 3* cover, and several 2* covers. I pulled the Heroics.
    The first gave me a 4* Ghostrider but no Bonus cover. Oh well. Sabertooth is already 4/3/3. He'll be finished soon enough.
    Second Heroic. Another 4*?! Blue Thanos, taking him to 5/5/3. (No BH there either ;)
    With Thanos joining my stable of Champions, my only non-Champion 4s are currently Ronin, Sabertooth, Taskmaster, and Peter Porker.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In my obsession with finally finishing my Str5nge, I had been strongly considering buying the Mordo HFH deal all week to push him to 300 and finish Strange at 4/4/5. This would have left me with 200 HP. 

- I pull 2 4-stars in a row from Heroic tokens I'd earned from VIP rewards this morning. 1 of them gives Thanos and BH Mordo!

- Now having 4K HP instead of the 200 I would have been left with otherwise - I get an Ororo 10 pack, and get the token. I haven't pulled the token yet, was gonna get the other 2 from progression and pull then along with whatever the CP I've managed to scrounge up these past 2 days allows me. 

Unrelated to that, I had somehow managed to pull the blue cover I needed to finish Jessica Jones at 5/5/3 earlier this week from the Wrestling Demons Store. Since my dupe 3-Storm is now at Lv. 258, I figured it was safe to go ahead and sell her for the iso. Champed JJ with that this morning as well. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First pull in Forces of Nature was a 5-star Storm. I was drawing mainly for her, so now I have all 5 stars rostered. Once I get another 3*Daken, I'll have everyone but three 1-stars rostered. RNG has really favored me this week, which is nice as I'm starting to stall in 4-stars to roster higher than 209.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spending 2700 HP to get three covers for Shuri thanks to the (much saner than $75) costume offer she's got.  Shuri's already champed, but those three levels included a champ level for Okoye, netting me another LT.

To honor that, I used Shuri, 4-star Panther, and Okoye to beat Galactus.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    After talking about doing this in Talos' announcement thread, I actually got both him and Mystique transformed into Galactus this past event:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/GFIXEo3 
    (I can't figure out how the image embed works now and my html from the old forum format is rusty...)

As a bonus, they even somehow won, even though that was very much an after-thought :)
    That’s pretty great. At least Talos is good for a laugh.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    After talking about doing this in Talos' announcement thread, I actually got both him and Mystique transformed into Galactus this past event:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/GFIXEo3 
    (I can't figure out how the image embed works now and my html from the old forum format is rusty...)

As a bonus, they even somehow won, even though that was very much an after-thought :)
    Yo Dawg, I heard you like Galactus...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hoping for 1200 vs Gritty, as they were going to get me enough points in one match. Taking DD/BSSM, no no fear, its just about how fast i can do it, as its not the fastest of combos.
    Holding off on firing DD's purple until Kitty has buffed their tiles enough for a me to finish quickly  When I realised I didn't have to wait too long as there was another purple match on the boats and I had max whales points.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Started the day with 3 CP and 0 LT, so this morning i do my ddq and get the 1 LT ... after my clear in PVE, i opened the tokens i had (41 in total, 13 were standards), still building, so i don't hoard..  It started in the standards... 2 3*s + BH's.. then gold after gold pulling all the others, even the taco vault, which coughed up an LT and 4* Pun.  When all was said and done, including the CP from PVE, i now have 7 LT's and 81 CP, so many champ rewards, it took 1/2 hour to finish it all, add a champ level, get tokens, pull those tokens, get more.. .all the LT's and CP are now my first hoard, waiting on carol to leave latest. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After scrambling to build my initially 1/1/1 Bishop up for the last 2 months, I finally got him champed today. Went and hunted a Gritty team in Sim to try him out.
    And ahahaha, that was awesome. In the past my Gritty counter team was a Kraven/6AP stunner makeshift solution that usually worked but a bad board could snowball into a loss pretty fast so it still always felt like a bit of a gamble. But Bishop-- Bishop demolished that Gritty team. I'm delighted; chasing him for 2 months paid off!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    One item on my MPQ bucket list ticked: maxed Deadpool whale points.
    Congrats.  Don’t do what I did and forget you have them for 6+ months.  :)