Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    got a black for my GE Doom this morning, putting him at 4/2/4. Will THIS be the one that I finally cover by pulling as I go? Just missed out on Cable and Kingpin...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     I finally threw caution to the wind, and with my 4 million or so iso, champed 7 of the 10 guys that are fully covered: 
    Welcome to 5-star land.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I spent a lot, and I mean A LOT of time not allowing myself to enter the 5-star tier because of PVP fears. I was worried that Thorkoye was so incredibly powerful that if I didn't have them myself, I was gonna get absolutely demolished right and left. I finally threw caution to the wind, and with my 4 million or so iso, champed 7 of the 10 guys that are fully covered: 

Green Goblin - Lv 454
    Black Suit Spidey - Lv 454
    Gambit - Lv 453
    Hawkeye - Lv 452
    Peter P5rker - Lv 451
    Old Man Logan - Lv 451
    DareDevil - Lv 450

Entering Sworded Affairs this morning, I see nothing but Kitty/GRocket teams. I bring DareDevil and BSSM, and give it a try. At one point the enemy Gamora stuns my BSSM for 3 turns, allowing the strikes to buff to their normal level. Gamora and DareDevil come uncomfortably close to dying, but I somehow manage to get the edge back and win the match! DareDevil's passive Sonar Strike is truly something, and paired with Gamora's stun I continue to just wreck one GRitty team after another. At one point I even actually beat a Thorkoye team! I occasionally switched to DareDevil/Gamora/IM40 when I wasn't dealing with Kitty, but all in all I sailed to 900 without a single hit. It'll be interesting to see how PVP goes from here on out when the featured character doesn't have any kind of particular synergy with my 5s, but for now I couldn't have asked for a better intro to 5-star PVP. Wasn't even half as bad as I thought it to be. 
    Congrats and welcome. I made the leap not too long ago myself (but with a much  more powerful group of characters). It’s nice when you can transition like that with a group and not have to rely on 1-2 people. I’m curious on who the characters are that you decided not to champ. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Congrats and welcome. I made the leap not too long ago myself (but with a much  more powerful group of characters). It’s nice when you can transition like that with a group and not have to rely on 1-2 people. I’m curious on who the characters are that you decided not to champ. 
    Thanks! Star-Lord, Silver Surfer, and Iron Man are the 3 I decided to wait on for now. I'll have the iso to champ one more in a few days or so, but as it stands its tough to decide who to give it to. They all make somewhat of a case, but I don't see any of them making an immediate impact. I'm more anxious about the folks I have waiting at 10-11 covers. Could be VERY wrong them, I am quite new to this after all. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first two pulls from the Cosmic Chaos Vault got me the two non-featured four stars - Champ levels for Cloak and Dagger as well as Mockingbird.  The Mockingbird cover got her to LVL 300, which means there's another LT in the hoard.  I think this is maybe the second time I've ever reset a vault because I pulled more than one four-star so early.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks! Star-Lord, Silver Surfer, and Iron Man are the 3 I decided to wait on for now. I'll have the iso to champ one more in a few days or so, but as it stands its tough to decide who to give it to. They all make somewhat of a case, but I don't see any of them making an immediate impact. I'm more anxious about the folks I have waiting at 10-11 covers. Could be VERY wrong them, I am quite new to this after all. 
    I do not have him fully covered but Silver Surfer can be an asset against Gritty Bishop teams because he cannot be stunned. You'll still take the damage from Bishop's Overpower (?) but his Stun is useless against SS. The AI is also less than intelligent in that it will still attempt to stun SS. The only problem I foresee is once you take down Bishop, the AI will probably have a lot of Blue to fire R4G's Blue power and start spawning Strike & Attack tiles for Kitty.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yesterday was my birthday, and I got a pair of Hela covers back to back

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I spent a lot, and I mean A LOT of time not allowing myself to enter the 5-star tier because of PVP fears. I was worried that Thorkoye was so incredibly powerful that if I didn't have them myself, I was gonna get absolutely demolished right and left. I finally threw caution to the wind, and with my 4 million or so iso, champed 7 of the 10 guys that are fully covered: 

Green Goblin - Lv 454
    Black Suit Spidey - Lv 454
    Gambit - Lv 453
    Hawkeye - Lv 452
    Peter P5rker - Lv 451
    Old Man Logan - Lv 451
    DareDevil - Lv 450

Entering Sworded Affairs this morning, I see nothing but Kitty/GRocket teams. I bring DareDevil and BSSM, and give it a try. At one point the enemy Gamora stuns my BSSM for 3 turns, allowing the strikes to buff to their normal level. Gamora and DareDevil come uncomfortably close to dying, but I somehow manage to get the edge back and win the match! DareDevil's passive Sonar Strike is truly something, and paired with Gamora's stun I continue to just wreck one GRitty team after another. At one point I even actually beat a Thorkoye team! I occasionally switched to DareDevil/Gamora/IM40 when I wasn't dealing with Kitty, but all in all I sailed to 900 without a single hit. It'll be interesting to see how PVP goes from here on out when the featured character doesn't have any kind of particular synergy with my 5s, but for now I couldn't have asked for a better intro to 5-star PVP. Wasn't even half as bad as I thought it to be. 
    Congrats and welcome to 5* land. For what it's worth, if my choices were to fight a Gritty team or a Thorkoye team, I'd fight Thorkoye each and every single time, no doubts or hesitations at all. They're very good offensively, but also pretty easy to beat defensively.

Gritty can be a real headache if you can't get rid of the strike tiles or have an otherwise bad board and can't get AP to fire your powers fast enough. You do at least have the benefit of BSSM, so that probably changes the equation for you. Mine is only 3/1/1 Level 330.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Out of 12 pulls in the taco vault this week, I got the LL token and the 4 star Sandman cover.  If only this would translate into success when pulling said LL token...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the last Doctor Doom essential I had enough CP to buy a LT, I think the sixth as of today. Hela, Hela I thought. But, no, it was a 4*. But that champ level rewarded another LT. That was a Hela green,making her 1/2/1. Goody. Not only that, I got a BH, my 13:th DD cover! Only 16k ISO from championage. A good day indeed!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    My first two pulls from the Cosmic Chaos Vault got me the two non-featured four stars - Champ levels for Cloak and Dagger as well as Mockingbird.  The Mockingbird cover got her to LVL 300, which means there's another LT in the hoard.  I think this is maybe the second time I've ever reset a vault because I pulled more than one four-star so early.
    When I luck into a big pull early in a vault, I just save any additional tokens I get until they go post-event.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After failing my full sub2 grind by just 30 seconds in Cosmic Chaos slice 2.9.1, I was out of the top20 let alone even within reach of top10.  So frustrating with a 6-cover Magik not ready for Shield Training!

Then pulled 3 x 4* bonus heroes back to back to back.  So I guess my Magik can reach 209 after all (even with a cover to spare after top50 this pve, progression next pve)!

However, I really don't want to rely on this mechanism for future Shield training requirements.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two things:

1.  Seeing that the devs plan to make sure future ST essentials have more than 1 run before being required.

2.  Also, finishing T10 in CC and champing my Magik.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From a day or two ago. The gamora from cinema showdown got me to level 300 which awarded the missing purple cover for my 5/2/5 thano5. He now joins the other champable 5*s that are slowly levelling up in my roster. Only 2.7 million iso short of champing eight of them. 
  • qandols
    Options
    Getting my first Ronan cover from the sub event reward token. What are the odds of that?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    With my dupe Magneto in his low 200s 220s he was a no brainer to become my next 3* Favorite (after getting the LT from another character).

This morning, with the rewards from Cosmic Chaos having arrived, I made several pulls and got R3G with a bonus Magneto, taking him to 225.

I then pulled a Magneto, then got a second bonus Magneto, taking him to 227 and getting me his LT.

Spider-Woman is also about to whoop Elektra's butt, and that will bring my LT tally to 16, a nice square number :wink:

It's a happy day! :smiley:
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    qandols said:
    Getting my first Ronan cover from the sub event reward token. What are the odds of that?
    When did they add The Accuser to the game? O_o
  • qandols
    Options
    qandols said:
    When did they add The Accuser to the game? O_o
    Silly me. I mean Ronin of course. But some day Ronan will turn up, I'm sure  :D