Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More Champed, Boosted Okoye fun - I tried her with 5trange and 3-star Thanos ...
    Okoye/Medusa/3Thanos has been a staple of my PvE diet for a while now. Hard to beat that speed, when the TU tiles are there.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did about 102 token pulls yesterday once Hela entered. Champed Doom to Level 451 from 2/4/2, CM is 4/5/3 Level 435 from 2/2/2 and Hela sits at 1/3/3 Level 360. Would have preferred more red covers for her just to even out the build, but oh well. 

Champed Magik, but only pulled one cover for Talos, a blue for my 2/5/3, so it's saved. 

But the *BEST* best moment was getting enough 4* BH to get Sandman to 320, making my Green Goblin 2/2/1. That yellow cover was the only cover I was missing in the whole game! Now, to finish champing all my Classic 5*s... 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Wrapped up my initial clears on Meet R&G barely halfway into my morning commute, knocked out my clears on Ultron, and was working my way towards the 75 wins & 15 CP in Web of Spies when I was interrupted by a pop-up to claim a Blue Thanos because we'd cleared Round 6, and as I type this we're about 40% done with Round 7.

I returned to my PvP and by the time I got to the office I was up to 70 wins and in the high 900s. I'm not sure if I was either starting to break MMR, or just finding grills, but from roughly 65 wins onwards I had a choice of either high 490s to 500 5*s teams, including 540 Hela teams (no thanks), or...two low level 4* teams. 

With my own Okoye & Thor barely into their 450s, it was a no brainer. Vulture & Red Hulk, and Medusa & ~350 Okoye were hit, repeatedly.

I got hit twice myself while I was waiting for the coffee to finish brewing but these same two low level teams were still on my radar so I quickly knocked out another 5 fast wins, and if you were fielding Vulture & Red Hulk, or Medusa & a lowish level Okoye, and if you were repeatedly attacked by me (Avenger-1) this morning, I am sorry, I really am, but I am grateful for the wins. You got me to 75 wins & the 15 CP prize, and I don't get up there very often.

With 900-1000 points in the first three PvP events, and having already hit the Simulator a bit, I was now just 150 points away from the season 10-pack, so I went for it.

When I redeemed it, I did something I've never done before. I looked away as I repeatedly tapped at my phone's screen, until from the corner of my eye I could see the screen was no longer changing/responding to my taps. Only then did I check what I'd got.

I pulled two 3*s and incredibly both came with a bonus Daken cover. He's now 227 so that got me his Legendary, and I've just realized I haven't pulled it, yet. I also got an Invisible Woman cover, so four 3*s, one 4*, and eight 2*s. Not a bad season pack at all! :smile:

And now for the LT. Come on, baby! Papa needs a Captain Marvel!!!

Bother. Only Agent Venom (now 295). Oh well. This was still a great morning :smiley:

Alright. I'm not done. 

I now had 180 CP, (well, I did ;) and normally I prefer to buy Classics, but I decided to press my luck and buy some Latest covers.

I got a Valkyrie (283 & 50HP), X-23 (294 & 4CP), IMHB (302 & 100 HP), and a GREEN CAPTAIN MARVEL!!!

I now have everyone rostered again. Well, except for the superfluous 1*s. 

That's it. Now I'm done :wink:

Good luck to everyone in Ultron, and have a great weekend :smiley:
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Playing Okoye, 4* Carol and Domino against Ultron - all that black kicking about is the perfect trap for Ultron to trigger energy manipulation, which is always enjoyable  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a poor streak on 5’s after Hela got in. Got 1 cover for her and stopped spending LTs. Then got 20 CP and went ahead on a Classic pull. 5trange yellow. BH dropped, 5trange Blue. Either one put him to 13. Now he’s finally champed with a couple champ levels right before being required.
    Probably means he’s getting his feeder now, right after I didn’t need his feeder anymore?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Realizing early that my placement was pretty much set as long as I completed 3 clears at the end of MR&G.
    I was too far back for t10 and way ahead of #20. Rather than rush for no reason, I turned on animations and did my final clears leisurely in about twice the time needed and saw many animatons for the 1st time.
    Finished 16th instead of 14th and enjoyed it much more
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Domino had been sitting at 5/4/3 set as my BH for at least 2 months before I came back to the game recently, and I finally got a BH red yesterday and champed her. Took her for a test run today, Cloak & Dagger/Gamora/Domino on the "Crossing Borders" mission of the Mediterranean Sub (1* Venom/Hitman/Assasin). 

I made a vertical match at the bottom of the board, and the tiles that dropped fell in a way that triggered a black match-4 across the top row. After the top row cleared, a frickin black match-6 dropped immediately after! I had enough black AP to fire gamora's power twice, and after the special tiles proved to strong for Venom, I got full board control. Got "Deadliest Woman" to trigger for the 2nd to last enemy, and while I was working on the final one I ended up getting enough AP to fire Gamora's black a third time. It's incredibly easy to underestimate Domino's black passive at face value, until you see it in action! Good lord what a battery. Super excited to try her now with so many characters that use black AP for devastating effects. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rocket and Groot just became my second maxchamped fourstar (Captain Marvel was the first a Little while ago). Just in time for their PvP too...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure it will prove to be the best long-term decision I've made in awhile, but I decided to unload all 6 of my max-champ 3*s during this period of double iso to go on a 4* champing spree. those 6 3s plus incidental iso let me champ:

Quake (13 saved)
    Cyclops (10 saved)
    XFDP (6 saved)
    Gwenpool (10 saved)

Ended up with a yellow Danver5 for my trouble, with the free one I got off C4rol puts her at 3/0/3. Would have preferred a Doom, but oh well.
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had a good day!

1st I end 8th in unstable iso-8 SCL 9. Usually I end around 15th but in this pve I made 2 top 10 on 3 subs. So 1 extra Sandman

2nd I got 4 covers for my CM5 through C4rol. Now she is 3/4/4. I think I already know who will be my 23rd champed 5* :)

3rd my Strang3 is back at level 265 thanks to 2 BH including one coming from ... a Strang3.

4th So 4 CM5, 3 Sandman, MEHulk from pvp, Nova from Strang3 and Rogue from Gambit that's 10 Legendaries + the LT from Sandman 330. 

And at last, I got my tickets for sunday"s Endgame Woohoo

As I said, that's was a good day!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a Bullseye => Fisk => Daredevil champ reward cascade, and it turned out (I hadn't been paying attention) to be a yellow, which is what I most want more of for him!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed Mr. Fantastic this morning. My only unchamped 4* are now Taskmaster, Spider-Ham, Talos, and Th4nos.
    Also got my Season 10 pack. One 4*, 3 3*, plus a pair of 3* Bonus Heros.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got five 3*s out of three Elite Tokens. Two bonus hero champ rewards got me two Legendary Tokens. Tokens to the hoard, waiting to see who will replace Doom before deciding to try and get more than the two covers I now have for Doom. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After five years I've realized how much easier/less effort it can be (if you play the game right) to get the rewards from Versus than from Story.

In this Season I've hit 1200+ points in almost every event, whereas previously I'd struggle to even get over 900, while this morning I hit 10K for the very first time. I knew I was going to, especially with at least two more events to go, but it was still a huge milestone for me to get there.

I still don't have a ton of CP, not after spending almost all of it to roster Hela and Captain Marvel, (I actually got Hela before Marvel; RNGesus is a bit of a trickster, not unlike Loki) but I'm back up in the 400s and CP doesn't seem as scarce a resource as it once was.