Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've opened one (and only one) Classic LT each of the last four days. Three of those four have been 5*s and today's just came with a BH!

Tues: Thor (Red)
    Wed: Black Bolt (Green, finally something other than his Yellow)
    Thurs: Moon Knight (Green, which is the only color I didn't need)
    Fri: Thor (another Red) with Bonus Okoye (Yellow, the color I wanted most)

I'll gladly take it, but the irony is that I'm not really chasing 5*s right now. I'm at the point where I'm trying to solidify my foothold in 4* Land (currently have 15 4* champs). Part of me wished these could have been select 4* covers to finish off my long list of 12-covered 4*s rather than a few more low-level 5*s. If I'm going to get 5* chars though, I think I got the "right" ones. Thor is now at 1/4/1, Bolt at 0/1/2, and Okoye at 2/1/0.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Though I am in a 0-37 rut pulling latest legends for 5*s, I did pick up 2 4*s with a ten pack and a bonus Domino.  To add to that I got a random heroic, pulled and got my first carnage green.  Been at 5/5/0 for also 2 years.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled a standard token today, just like we all do every day, but i managed to pull a 3 star, with a BH coming free too. Its a small and insignificant win, but it feels great to get the best possible result from the worst available cover outlet
  • notoriouseddie
    notoriouseddie Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any day I get a triple KO on a single swipe (bonus if it's the first swipe) even if the enemies have low HP.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today is officially my two year anniversary of playing this damn game. Not sure if that counts as a best or worst moment. Shield level 133 (and three quarters), 49 champed 4s, half my 3s are max champed with dupes for almost all of those, plowing fields for the other half of my 3* farm, 2* farm chugging along. Probably trading the game in for a decent social life soon though.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I’m pretty much a lock to eek out T5 CL8 in Venom Bomb, but that’s not the best moment. 

I realized last night that for the first time ever, I used a completely 5* team over my champ/boosted 4* options.

The stars just aligned that way as I’m using Thor and Kitty much more, either speed clearing through AP acceleration (Thor) or tile buffing (Kitty). Cable being boosted made a good third to use both. Thor can collect yellow to cast Cable strikes for Kitty to buff, and collect green for the awesome nuke. Pretty cool. Thor is still 255 and Kitty/Cable are 320, but enough to get the job done!
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I’m pretty much a lock to eek out T5 CL8 in Venom Bomb, but that’s not the best moment. 

I realized last night that for the first time ever, I used a completely 5* team over my champ/boosted 4* options.

The stars just aligned that way as I’m using Thor and Kitty much more, either speed clearing through AP acceleration (Thor) or tile buffing (Kitty). Cable being boosted made a good third to use both. Thor can collect yellow to cast Cable strikes for Kitty to buff, and collect green for the awesome nuke. Pretty cool. Thor is still 255 and Kitty/Cable are 320, but enough to get the job done!
    5/5/3 350 Cable here, so boosted to 460.  I play CL7 and he's overpowering it.  His green was a team KO every time I used it.  I ran him with Chavez and Hood and just let the monster criticals do most of the work.

I can imagine the Cable/Kitty combo can get out of hand pretty quick with a battery support.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opened 15LT's and scored 3 Cable covers and a bonus Cable and...at very last...a bonus 5* Daredevil!!!!! This was particularly amusing as I was in fact watching DD season 3 when this occured!
  • shardwick
    Options
    Fought a match in Doc Ock pvp with Carol and Strange. Strongest color was blue and unfortunately America kept getting criticals with blue matches. The team damage hurt me but I was able to kill off their Carol. They had 11 blue though so I was just waiting for Strange to do his blue power. Nope. Doc Ock did Manipulation and completely wasted the blue ap since there were no special tiles on the board. Downed them both after that. Doc Ock is not the smartest doctor on that team.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The Spider-man covers I got from Eight is Enough bumped my dupe Spider-man to level 266, giving me a Miles Morales cover and a Legendary Token. Miles happened to be level 319, so the cover was effectively an LT too.

Now if I could only get that excited about Jubilee covers...

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bought a classic LT and got an Okoye, followed by a bonus Okoye. Thats a win of a day! 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Fought a match in Doc Ock pvp with Carol and Strange. Strongest color was blue and unfortunately America kept getting criticals with blue matches. The team damage hurt me but I was able to kill off their Carol. They had 11 blue though so I was just waiting for Strange to do his blue power. Nope. Doc Ock did Manipulation and completely wasted the blue ap since there were no special tiles on the board. Downed them both after that. Doc Ock is not the smartest doctor on that team.
    I was using Cardusa in the Doc Ock PVP, which seemed like a good idea, until the Doctor got 11 blue and manipulated my specials dealing 13K+ damage and downing someone. 

On a good note, last night playing Duck Be a Lady, SCL 8, I got a first turn win against level 275 enemies using Kitty + Grocket + 3*Thanos.  A nice cascade took out the Hood, then Thanos hit, and the cascade continued taking out another, then Thanos hit again. 
  • shardwick
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Realising I’ve got 12345 pts for the season and I’m currently 67th..
    You'll probably finish 89th.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bought a classic LT and got an Okoye, followed by a bonus Okoye. Thats a win of a day! 
    That's a win of the year!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    OJSP said:
    Better than 890th, I suppose...
  • shardwick
    Options
    shardwick said:
    OJSP said:
    You know season placement rewards suck even on cl9 when there's not a huge difference between 89th and 890th. Same amount of iso, an extra 50 hp, 5 cp, two more heroics and a bigger chunk of red iso. That's it.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    OJSP said:
    You know season placement rewards suck even on cl9 when there's not a huge difference between 89th and 890th. Same amount of iso, an extra 50 hp, 5 cp, two more heroics and a bigger chunk of red iso. That's it.
    Ironically, players kill themselves to get high placement even though there's little difference in rewards.  I think it's Demiurge's way of saying "take it easy everyone, because there's not a big difference"
  • shardwick
    Options
    bbigler said:
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    OJSP said:
    Ironically, players kill themselves to get high placement even though there's little difference in rewards.  I think it's Demiurge's way of saying "take it easy everyone, because there's not a big difference"
    Yeah, it's more of a reward for playing. I'll play hard in the season events and then not stress out too much where I end up in the overall season rankings.
  • shardwick
    Options
    Ok I pulled my hoard on the Kingpin vault. I got his black cover, three Shuris which finally got me Okoye's black cover, two 4* Wolvies got me an OML, three Medusas which got me a Bolt, FOUR Dominos (three were BH) to put her at 4/4/4 and I'll finish her off tonight, a Thanos to even him out to 2/2/2, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.

Bonus best moment. Fought an America team in Spidey pvp. America hit a decent cascade of fours right from the start and it didn't look too pretty but then with the help of Mockingbird my Shuri shot her in the face with her twin blasters instantly downing her. Sooo incredibly satisfying.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spider-Woman was pulling heavy duty in the 5* Hawkeye/Coulson node. The boosted list isn't kind to me; I've got barely any of the boosted 4* champed and I'm struggling through deadly since that's what my alliance picked. When I saw lvl 300+ Hawkeye/Coulson, I went welp this is gonna be horrible.
    Surprisingly,... it wasn't!
    I  ran Spider-Woman + 4/3/5 Yondu + IM40. She kept protecting everyone and keeping the team alive via her redemption thing (and clearing all the countdowns away / laying traps) while Yondu hid behind her and wrecked havoc with his arrow.
    I love her; she's like a special rare spice-- you don't usually need to use her, but when you need her she's a lifesaver. She got me through all four of those Hawkeye/Coulson clears on the first try. Go go Spider-Woman! That made me smile.

Almost done. I'll probably try to whale through some of the impossible things that are left (the 5* node, the Peggy/C4rol node, neither of those is happening no way nope nope nope). Thank god we agreed to drop to Hard tomorrow.