Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    .Daredevil217 said:
    I found a fun pair in Gwen’s PVE of 1* Widow and 5* Daredevil that allows me to attract tons of beatable retals and easily climb to 75 wins. 

Tried them again for Snowball Fight and found that Matt’s “hand to hand” tile triggers when hit with a snowball. I’ve actually had a snowball destroy it, the tile deal big damage, get recreated somewhere else, have another snowball hit it the same turn (because they’re basically everywhere) and it get created again. 

The idea of Murdock using his ninja moves, batons, and radar sense to deflect snowballs for big damage and pop out of snowbanks to punch you in the face was my best moment lol. 

Also, it’s nice to use those annoying things in my favor for once, as 99% of the time they benefit the opponent.  The puzzle aspect of trying to have a snowball hit your tile adds a layer of fun. 
    Yeah those snowballs have really screwed up some matches for me. I got tired of playing with Agent Venom and Yondu so I thought I'd toss Spider Woman in there with Yondu instead. Finally got enough purples to put traps out and then one or two turns later a snowball went off and killed off most of them. And naturally the board was totally dead for purples after that so I limped out with a close victory with my guys almost completely dead. 
  • shardwick
    Pulled my mini hoard (100 cp and one LT)  this morning, honestly wasn't expecting anything big, and got my 12th Loki and a green Cable. The biggest thing though was getting a 4* Ghost Rider that wasn't green so that was his 13th cover and I can relax and not worry so much about placement in Hearts of Darkness. Now just down to three covers total between Valkyrie and Jubilee for my older releases.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Flaptain with 7 saved covers so I’d have a boosted champ this week. I actually have been wanting to do it for awhile so I could run him between Shuri and P4nther in simulator, or with C4ge and P4nther. 

LT got me the last cover I needed for 4* Lord.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    A banner day for Best MPQ.
    The best: 13th cover for KItty Pryde! No saved cover, so Champed at 450, but she’s complete,
    The next: pulled enough Bishop to make level 209, and that’s good enough for Shield Training when he’s required.
    The rest: top 5 in Strange Sights, but that’s for Dazzler covers, so whatever. 20 CP dropped my 13th Bannerhulk, and with a saved cover, Champed at 451. I’ll run him with Kitty so she can kill the attack tiles he gives to the enemy. And tomorrow’s Carnage update nets a complete Doctor Octopus to be the third on that team.
    Damn dude after that run I don’t expect to see you in here again until 2020.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really enjoying running a boosted Flaptain. I know y'all like to cheese on him, but he just takes some getting moving. 1-shot KO-ing 40k hit point Luk3 Cag3s is pretty fun. I was running him in Sticks and Stones with Hobofist, and that team works pretty well even with Fist being un-boosted. 

In other news, i took a gamble (for shield training readiness) and left my 4* BH on Domino (1/4/5) to try and finish her up before moving it to Prowler/Bishop. One of the elite tokens i got for placement in Snowball Fight got me a Dak3n, that got me an LT, that got me an organically pulled Bishop for 1/2/2, so that was cool. I'm more interested in actually playing Prowler, but I'll take it.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I know it’s off season buck back to back T5’s in PvP feels pretty damn good 😃
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also a few days late, but pulling from the Family Legends store allowed me to make Black Bolt 5* champ number 14. My OML also went from 5/2/2 to 5/3/4 with two saved covers. Also got a few champ levels for Thor. I'll probably keep pulling until I get another red or yellow OML cover, though I have other ISO priorities at the moment. 

I also had a red Bishop cover in my Hearts of Darkness vault, the only cover I really wanted. I got it on my 7th or 8th pull, making him 3/3/4 and ready for S.H.I.E.L.D Training. Just need one more Prowler cover (in addition to the purple one I'll get from Sim) to get him there as well. 
  • shardwick
    JSP869 said:
    I had 175 CP and I made the mistake of seeing how well, or rather, how poorly covered my OML and Black Bolt were.
    OML is 4/4/3 and Black Bolt was 2/2/3, while I already knew Thor was a sad old 0/3/4.
    Now normally I like spend my CP in the Classic Legends vault because it's more bang for my buck, but with none of the 5*s in the Family Legends being fully covered, I just couldn't help myself.
    My first two pulls were 4*s, but the third pull was a yellow Black Bolt. It was usable, of course, but it was not the green Thor I was hoping for.
    The next three pulls for also 4*s, and knowing the odds were against me of getting two 5* covers from 7 pulls I didn't like my chances but once you pop, it's so hard to stop.
    With just 25 CP left I tapped to buy one more cover, hesitated for a second on the confirmation screen, then went through with the purchase. My breath caught when the Purple icon appeared for the second time and I was almost scared to tap to see what it was, but RNGesus smiled on me and Christmas came a couple of days early because I "opened" a Green Thor cover.
    Yes, with that 1 Green cover he's still only 1/3/4, but that's a world of difference compared to a 0/3/4 Thor, and together with Okoye and Medusa, they all made mincemeat of the Royal Family node.
    It's amazing the difference just a single cover can make :smiley:
    Reminds me of when they last ran The Hulk. Okoye was the featured 5* but mine was still at 0/5/1. That was an absolutely brutal week of pve for me. Felt like everyone and their mom finished their clears faster than me. Eventually got a black cover from Shuri so I can at least have a taste of how good Okoye is. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also as a result of the Family Legends store, I ended up with my first red cover for Bishop!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a 2* SP//DR from the free token. Not a huge deal, but it's the first time in a while I've picked up the new Support.