Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a 2* SP//DR from the free token. Not a huge deal, but it's the first time in a while I've picked up the new Support.
    Same here, except I only got the onestar version. Not complaining at all though. I also got the fourstar cover (Professor X) from the SP/DR vault.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Got a 2* SP//DR from the free token. Not a huge deal, but it's the first time in a while I've picked up the new Support.
    Same here, except I only got the onestar version. Not complaining at all though. I also got the fourstar cover (Professor X) from the SP/DR vault.
    Well, other than the level cap, there isn't actually any difference between the 1* and 2* version, so that's basically the same ;)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took 1st place in Hearts of Darkness. Also champed Domino to make her my 50th champed 4*. :)
  • TPF Alexis
    edited December 2018
    Been pretty good in a number of ways, really. Got an Invisible Woman cover off a Heroic from a Lightning Round, and a Chavez with bonus Prowler from a Hunt token. The bit that made me happiest, tho, was actually having a good situation to use Squirrel Girl's yellow in Cover Squirrel. Only one move on the board, was going to leave a match-5 for the AI. Suddenly I realized I didn't actually have to take it, and could get some Protect tiles as well!
    EDIT: Also, Kitty is really great at dealing with Hammer Snipers. Free damage every other turn!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    The bit that made me happiest, tho, was actually having a good situation to use Squirrel Girl's yellow in Cover Squirrel. Only one move on the board, was going to leave a match-5 for the AI. Suddenly I realized I didn't actually have to take it, and could get some Protect tiles as well!
    So the AI should have left you the Match-5? Very nice.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best moment of the day: officially retiring from Marvel Puzzle Quest. To quote George Bailey from "It's a Wonderful Life," I want to live again! I want to live again! 

Always go out on top. Last placement in a pve event was first, last one for pvp was top ten. One of my favorite memories of the game was when as a 2-3* player I outplayed the 4* commanders in my alliance in Boss Rush. Another one, in a seven day event the essential 4* was Carnage and I didn't have him on my roster so I was in like 10th place. I was playing optimally as hell though and on day 3 or 4 I got him in the event's vault and slowly made my way up the rankings and eventually caught up to the guy in first place on the last day and overtook him in the final grind. It was glorious. 

With all of this extra time on my hands maybe I'll learn how to play the violin and grab a PS4 or a Switch. Imagine if you needed top placement in Zelda to unlock the master sword or pieces of the Triforce.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Good luck in your retirement. I'm sure you'll find some other addictive and very time consuming thing soon. If it's in your DNA to like this sort of games, you'll probably get hooked on another game until you tire of that one (or if it just ceases to exist). Then the cycle begins again (or does it ever stop...)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Best moment of the day: officially retiring from Marvel Puzzle Quest. To quote George Bailey from "It's a Wonderful Life," I want to live again! I want to live again! 

Always go out on top. Last placement in a pve event was first, last one for pvp was top ten. One of my favorite memories of the game was when as a 2-3* player I outplayed the 4* commanders in my alliance in Boss Rush. Another one, in a seven day event the essential 4* was Carnage and I didn't have him on my roster so I was in like 10th place. I was playing optimally as hell though and on day 3 or 4 I got him in the event's vault and slowly made my way up the rankings and eventually caught up to the guy in first place on the last day and overtook him in the final grind. It was glorious. 

With all of this extra time on my hands maybe I'll learn how to play the violin and grab a PS4 or a Switch. Imagine if you needed top placement in Zelda to unlock the master sword or pieces of the Triforce.
    Sounds nice! We got a Switch for the kid for Christmas and I got Zelda, so I suspect my playing time may go down... Unless the kid plays Pokemon instead. :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happy Retirement shardwick.

Santa brought the gift of Spider-man to my house but the kids are hogging that (insert Spider-Ham joke) so I suspect I won't get to give up MPQ just yet!
  • TPF Alexis
    T20 in The Hunt despite a horrible performance in sub 2 and a bunch of connection issues during my final grind!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Somehow I've gotten 13 LLTs in the last 8 days! That's a lot for me.
    Still pulling Classics with all my CP, but now considering building a mini-hoard of LLTs for the next few months to see if a few good 5*s line up.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    There were three solid contenders for Best Moment of the Day (tm):

1) In spite of using a team of Lv253 3* Daken & Lv144 Moonstone & Ares for the Dark Avengers edition of the 12 Days event, they somehow squeaked out a victory on the first try entirely on Daken's regeneration and how bad 3* Hulk is.  Spider-Woman's traps practically one-shot both Ares and Moonstone when they matched a pair each, but Daken finished her off and basically wore down Hulk until five straight blue attacks carried the day.

2) Prodigal Sun is the first Red Hulk boost week event since I finally champed him.  Now, by teaming him with Scarlet Witch, I can finally appreciate what people have been talking about for literally years, but I had never previously experienced.  Especially on a goon-heavy first sub, it's a sight to behold.

3) Miles and TA Hulk were two causalities of my poorly-covered-4* roster dump during vaulting and I haven't bothered trying to rebuild either.  This left Nova and Kamala Khan as my only Champion characters for the upcoming 12 Day event.  Fortunately, I got a TA Hulk from a Heroic token today, which means the dream of finishing the event with thematically appropiately teams remains alive.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I switched to only pulling latest awhile ago to see if I was earning enough to keep pace with new release 5*s. I’m not expecting much from it until Kingpin hits, but I’ve pulled 2 purple Loki’s in my last four pulls, one of which came with a usable red Gho5t Rider for 7/3/3 - my highest covered 5* so far. I’m torn on grinding out the 36 covers for Ghost 4ider I need to finish him, or keep going till I get another 5* BH and keep my 4* for Shield Training Readiness.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    I switched to only pulling latest awhile ago to see if I was earning enough to keep pace with new release 5*s. I’m not expecting much from it until Kingpin hits, but I’ve pulled 2 purple Loki’s in my last four pulls, one of which came with a usable red Gho5t Rider for 7/3/3 - my highest covered 5* so far. I’m torn on grinding out the 36 covers for Ghost 4ider I need to finish him, or keep going till I get another 5* BH and keep my 4* for Shield Training Readiness.
    Are you gonna champ him when he’s covered? If not I wouldn’t pound out the GR covers. Another 5* bonus will eventually happen.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Thanks for the advice - I feel like intellectually trying to transition off Robbie is a sub-optimal plan, but I know what’s going to happen is that I’ll do it impulsively one day. At the moment I decided to let it all ride how it is until I have seen what happens across the Kingpin run in Latest. If it turns out playing PVP to 900 and PVE scl8 to progression is good enough to cover a 5* as it comes out spending as I go, maybe I’ll do it then. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the advice - I feel like intellectually trying to transition off Robbie is a sub-optimal plan, but I know what’s going to happen is that I’ll do it impulsively one day. At the moment I decided to let it all ride how it is until I have seen what happens across the Kingpin run in Latest. If it turns out playing PVP to 900 and PVE scl8 to progression is good enough to cover a 5* as it comes out spending as I go, maybe I’ll do it then. 
    I will be watching intently as I play SCL7 to completion but also play pvp to 1200 every event. I’m wondering if it is enough to cover 5*’s as I go as well.

Good luck!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been waiting patiently for RHulk to be boosted and so I finally champed him and re-specced to get the full benefit of his purple. Running him with Vulture in Prodigal Son has been pretty entertaining.
  • ThaRoadWarrior