Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    My son, not to be outdone by his old man, came in at #1 in his 1000 player pool a bit later on.
    May he cherish his No Prize for the rest of his MPQ-playing days! :)
    Highest I've ever placed in my 1500+ days of playing is #2...  I'm jealous. :smile:

As for today's best moment, it was finding out that 5-star Widow's purple can also remove the "Dark Energy" Hazard countdown tiles that destroy the rows/columns.  She's definitely moving up my list of favorite characters.
    Nice! She's my best-covered 5*, so I like hearing good things about her :)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    My son, not to be outdone by his old man, came in at #1 in his 1000 player pool a bit later on.
    May he cherish his No Prize for the rest of his MPQ-playing days! :)
    Highest I've ever placed in my 1500+ days of playing is #2...  I'm jealous. :smile:

As for today's best moment, it was finding out that 5-star Widow's purple can also remove the "Dark Energy" Hazard countdown tiles that destroy the rows/columns.  She's definitely moving up my list of favorite characters.
    Nice! She's my best-covered 5*, so I like hearing good things about her :)
    I've been using her more and more frequently in place of OML as my third character in the events, with Thor and Strange as my main two characters.  She's got a good black ability that does damage immediately, unlike OML.  Her purple can be used offensively, unlike Strange.  Her red is also good, but Thor's is better, so I've got her at 5/3/5.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    The T25 I got in one of today’s lightning rounds turned into a Blue Mordo to 1/5/5, and a War Machine champ level that spit out a Red Ironman to move him to 2/1/1.

Not bad for seeds and a few minutes near the end.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Got a Bishop & Friends token.
    Pulled 2* Cap. Oh well, right?
    Except 2* Cap's champion reward was a 3* Cap cover.
    Whose champion reward was a 4* Bucky cover.
    Whose 4* champion reward was a 5* Cap cover.

So for 2* pull from the Bishop vault, I got a 2*, a 3*, a 4*, and a 5*.

Can't beat that.

Technically you can do better if the 5* champion reward is a Legendary tokens that gives a fivestar cover with a bonus cover, but this was still an excellent chain! I managed to do a Captain Marvel chain yesterday, but it only Went from two-star to fourstar.
  • sambrookjm
    Watching 5-star Strange and 4-star Venom fight it out with the enemy protect tiles in the Brute/Brute/Brute node..

Damage the enemy Brute
    Venom creates a protect tile.
    Eye of Agamotto removes it.
    Match damage makes another protect tile.
    Fire a power that damages the enemy.
    Have Wong support on Strange remove a protect tile.
    Venom creates another one.

Best part - they're only strength 1 thanks to Venom's passive ability. :)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I was looking at who I should favorite as a 3-star that might give me a missing cover I can use. Pun to Pun MAX is almost done so I was looking for who's next. And in all my list of not-yet-at-13, I have Kingpin, but (I thought) I had already maxed 3-Bullseye so I already collected that black I needed.

But this morning, I got a Bullseye and I was surprised it said "add level" rather than "train" so I pushed the button and that last black Kingpin popped up!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I pulled a 10th cover for EB Venom out of Classic just now, that was my last "old" 4* with under 10 covers. So I moved my BH to Domino who is 0/2/3, and my 3* bh from Loki over to Hulk who i rashly sold when he hit max-champ and have only at 1/1/1 right now
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    As yesterday had been a pretty crummy day in RL terms I decided to open some tokens to cheer myself up and was pleasantly rewarded with 1 Cable Blue (+ Shock, a bonus hero Yellow - I thought they were just a myth...), 1 Loki Purple and a JJ Black from 10 LT's. I was especially pleased with that Loki purple as everyone had said it was by far his best power and it sure is.

Oh and I can now also champ Kraven... *tumbleweed blows down street*
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I struggled a lot on opening clears of sub 2 for Honor Among Thieves but I had a strong finish so I will go into my sub 3 end clear looking really good for a top 5 finish to get my 12th cover for Nebula and then should be able to finish her off in Enemy of the State.
    DAZ0273 said:
    As yesterday had been a pretty crummy day in RL terms I decided to open some tokens to cheer myself up and was pleasantly rewarded with 1 Cable Blue (+ Shock, a bonus hero Yellow - I thought they were just a myth...), 1 Loki Purple and a JJ Black from 10 LT's. I was especially pleased with that Loki purple as everyone had said it was by far his best power and it sure is.

I think Kraven is underrated. He's a lot of fun with Carnage and Vulture.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I struggled a lot on opening clears of sub 2 for Honor Among Thieves but I had a strong finish so I will go into my sub 3 end clear looking really good for a top 5 finish to get my 12th cover for Nebula and then should be able to finish her off in Enemy of the State.
    DAZ0273 said:

Yeah, you are not the first person to say this. I guess the only thing to do is champ him and find out although that will be iso dependent on when that happens.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got a green cover for Cable! 6/1/1.
  • shardwick
    Top 5 finish in Honor Among Thieves so just one more Nebula cover needed to finish her off and I can get that from EotS.. When I went through my tokens almost everything gave me a 3* or 4* plus I got a bonus Loki from one 3* so I just need one more to get my last Venom (Eddie).
  • sambrookjm
    DAZ0273 said:
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Yeah, you are not the first person to say this. I guess the only thing to do is champ him and find out although that will be iso dependent on when that happens.
    I run him with Carnage and Medusa.  While Vulture is overall a far superior character, I'd think he'd actually hurt Kraven because his blue can take out the enemy special tiles.

Kraven is actually a good character to use in Enemy of the State, with the endless waves of Teisatsu ninjas that Turn to Smoke.  Those attack tiles aren't so bad when he's knocking them down every turn and hitting them.

He's also excellent against Ultron goons, but that's not quite as important right now.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kraven is actually a good character to use in Enemy of the State, with the endless waves of Teisatsu ninjas that Turn to Smoke.  Those attack tiles aren't so bad when he's knocking them down every turn and hitting them.
    i'm going to try this with Okoye. I hate those damned smoke ninjas!
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Just got 5 2* Black Widows in a row from PVE which will in turn get me a 3* from the champ rewards which will champ her 3*.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I just got 4 blue Bagman covers in 8 PvP matches. 
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got a Bagman which was his 14th cover so I had a reason to champ him. Only another 49 covers until he's useful... ;-) 
  • shardwick
    I started the day off by lucking out and getting into a pve bracket for Enemy of the State that isn't very competitive. Then I did DDQ and with the standard token I was able to get a 3* with a bonus Loki which gave me my 13th Venom (Eddie). And then I got Scarlet Witch from day 715 of Shield Resupply and she gave me a Quake plus I believe that that's the last 3* that I get from resupply and that everything else down the road is a 4* or 5*. And if that wasn't enough I had a match in Cyclops pvp, using 4* Thor and IM40, where I had six yellow countdown tiles all go off. I feel like the game should automatically end the match and give you the win plus like a bonus prize, maybe 500 iso or a Bag Man or 3* cover, when you do something like that. Twas a good day.