Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    As yesterday had been a pretty crummy day in RL terms I decided to open some tokens to cheer myself up and was pleasantly rewarded with 1 Cable Blue (+ Shock, a bonus hero Yellow - I thought they were just a myth...), 1 Loki Purple and a JJ Black from 10 LT's. I was especially pleased with that Loki purple as everyone had said it was by far his best power and it sure is.

Oh and I can now also champ Kraven... *tumbleweed blows down street*
    People knock Kraven as very situational, but just wait until he's the feeder for a really good 5*.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Kraven is actually a good character to use in Enemy of the State, with the endless waves of Teisatsu ninjas that Turn to Smoke.  Those attack tiles aren't so bad when he's knocking them down every turn and hitting them.
    i'm going to try this with Okoye. I hate those damned smoke ninjas!
    Also helps with the other smoke ninjas, the Kishu and their Smoke Bombs.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Kraven is actually a good character to use in Enemy of the State, with the endless waves of Teisatsu ninjas that Turn to Smoke.  Those attack tiles aren't so bad when he's knocking them down every turn and hitting them.
    The Kishu almost never last long enough to get their Smoke Bombs off; Kishu are the first ones I target with anything and everything.  Caltrops is my least favorite active goon ability of all (and second only to the passive Swarm from Ultron robots), simply because there is so little you can do to defend against it unless you kill off the ninja that put them down.  Heck, if there are multiple Kishu on the enemy team, you can't even tell which one is casting their Caltrops, so it's a 50-50 shot you are hitting the right one.

I brought in Quake to help reduce the team damage, but in SCL 9 Caltrops will still whack you for about 1500 to 3000 damage per shot, depending on how high your Quake is.  Short of changing Strange's purple to 5 to get rid of traps, is there anything you can do to stop them?
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    The Kishu almost never last long enough to get their Smoke Bombs off; Kishu are the first ones I target with anything and everything.  Caltrops is my least favorite active goon ability of all (and second only to the passive Swarm from Ultron robots), simply because there is so little you can do to defend against it unless you kill off the ninja that put them down.  Heck, if there are multiple Kishu on the enemy team, you can't even tell which one is casting their Caltrops, so it's a 50-50 shot you are hitting the right one.

I brought in Quake to help reduce the team damage, but in SCL 9 Caltrops will still whack you for about 1500 to 3000 damage per shot, depending on how high your Quake is.  Short of changing Strange's purple to 5 to get rid of traps, is there anything you can do to stop them?
    I try to take them down first, but it's not always possible to do before one of those Smoke Bomb countdowns goes off, and after that happens, it starts getting way, way harder.
    My personal best "moment" was my run up to 40 wins in Eye for an Eye. I got a ton of appropriate-level retals, and made it over 30 wins on the loaner, 2* Mags and 2* Storm. Made it the rest of the way without even using any Boosted 4*.
  • sambrookjm
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Dormammu said:

I try to take them down first, but it's not always possible to do before one of those Smoke Bomb countdowns goes off, and after that happens, it starts getting way, way harder.
    My personal best "moment" was my run up to 40 wins in Eye for an Eye. I got a ton of appropriate-level retals, and made it over 30 wins on the loaner, 2* Mags and 2* Storm. Made it the rest of the way without even using any Boosted 4*.
    This is another time when 5-star Widow comes into play nicely, so start leveling her up!  :)  Her purple can get rid of the Smoke Bomb countdowns that create the shield tiles as well as the shield tiles themselves.  When I'm using her, I leave the Shinobi for last (or next-to-last if they're with the Teisatsu Smoke Ninjas), as their Shuriken reduces the cost of her Purple by 3 (one for each Countdown tile) which obviously helps a lot.  If her red happens to take out an enemy ninja, it will knock their red or black AP down considerably, to give you some more time to hit them before they can do something ugly.

I used her in the Black Bolt required node in place of Thor, and she worked out better.  Thor wasn't at half health, but with Caltrops his half-health would be Strange at about 25% health.  Of course, her purple still can't get rid of Caltrops, but that's why Strange is getting used in every single node in this event.

As for the best moment day, it was a banner day for the X-Men.  Prof X won his Crash, and Colossus and Beast both hit max Champ level thanks to the Enemy of the State Tokens (Colossus) and the Deadpool Daily token (Beast)  Two more LT to the hoard, bringing it up to 35.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    5* Widow is actually one of the handful that I'm leveling along with my top 4* champs. This time around, tho, Kitty and Grocket have been taking care of business just fine, and I haven't been needing specific counters to the Kishu.
    Best moment of the day was a 5* bonus hero, bringing Kitty to 2/4/4.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

In the span of about 3 minutes Saturday Night, I hit two long-awaited milestones:
    1 (sentimental) - I FINALLY champed the first 4* char I ever got a cover of - Thing. His green have been eluding me for years.
    2 (progression) - I FINALLY rostered Kingpin, meaning for the first time ever I now have all 2,3,4,5*s on roster (except the worthless Bagman).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     ...(except the worthless Bagman).
    Bagman is not worthless. Why, he can.... he can... um, well he can sponge Thanos' Court Death damage just as good as anybody! And there was this one time when I was fighting a 550 Juggernaut who kept headbutting me in the Balance of Power PvP event; well I had Bagman give Juggs a scathing Snarky Remark that he won't soon forget!
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Dormammu said:
     ...(except the worthless Bagman).
    Bagman is not worthless. Why, he can.... he can... um, well he can sponge Thanos' Court Death damage just as good as anybody! And there was this one time when I was fighting a 550 Juggernaut who kept headbutting me in the Balance of Power PvP event; well I had Bagman give Juggs a scathing Snarky Remark that he won't soon forget!
    Bagman also forms a two-character rainbow team with 2-star Human Torch...  I've used them in the second Node for Deadpool Daily with Daken a number of times.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally champed my last two 3* dupes last night. Only Gambit (Level 263) Angel (254) and Elektra (247) are my only 3*s who haven't hit 266 and gotten a dupe yet. 

My total ISO debt is just over 2 million, and 78 percent of that is the 5* tier. Taskmaster is my only 4* who needs ISO currently. I'm getting real close to being ISO neutral, edging towards being ISO positive, and it feels great! 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I caved in and emptied a relatively good Luke Cage vault after getting the costume from the free token.  A random heroic from a 3* champ reward gave me the 13h Red Hulk cover to FINALLY champion him.  He’s been my white whale for quite some time now (since I started tracking my LT pulls when the odds of 5*’s raised to 15%, I’ve gotten exactly one Red Hulk from LT’s, both latest and classic).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In the span of about 3 minutes Saturday Night, I hit two long-awaited milestones:
    1 (sentimental) - I FINALLY champed the first 4* char I ever got a cover of - Thing. His green have been eluding me for years.
    2 (progression) - I FINALLY rostered Kingpin, meaning for the first time ever I now have all 2,3,4,5*s on roster (except the worthless Bagman).
    You have to view Bag Man as more of a trophy than a character that you would use every day. I mean mine is at level 118 and I've never used him outside of his pvp event. And that's ok because the good thing is that once in a blue moon you'll get a cover for him during Shield Sim, or something insane happens like getting five in the span of an hour. And when he hits 144 you get a legendary which is pretty cool.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3-star Cap has officially lapped Punisher in terms of the number of covers I've received for him after today's Deadpool Daily.  Cap has been max champed, sold, and rebuilt to level 244 now.  Meanwhile, Punisher is sitting at Level 243.

I can just picture Cap running past Punisher, yelling "On your left!" as he zooms by.   :D
    Too bad it wasn't Falcon instead of Punisher. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, I had a decent little cp hoard going, about 900 cp, but, alas, I had a moment of weakness so I decided to spend some cp, more like a lot, in hopes that I could get some more Kitty covers or maybe one or two Jubilees since I only had like five covers for her. I ended up spending like 600 cp but I did get FIVE Jubilee covers, a yellow Kitty, a couple Lokis, some Vultures which gave me a Peter Parker and some Carols. Oh and a Valkyrie that puts my bounty hunter at a beautiful 4/4/4. Feels good not having to worry about getting covers for Jubilee for a future Shield Training now though. Outside of new characters (Domino and newer) I am now down to my final eight covers for non-limited 4* characters.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    My 3-star Cap has officially lapped Punisher in terms of the number of covers I've received for him after today's Deadpool Daily.  Cap has been max champed, sold, and rebuilt to level 244 now.  Meanwhile, Punisher is sitting at Level 243.

I can just picture Cap running past Punisher, yelling "On your left!" as he zooms by.   :D
    Too bad it wasn't Falcon instead of Punisher. 
    Psylocke and Punisher are the only two "older" three-stars that haven't reached LVL 266 yet.  Falcon's already been max champed and sold, with Falcon Mk2 currently sitting at LVL 184, so Cap will probably catch him on his third lap. :)
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got a Purple Prowler cover from his SHIELD Training event, and pulled a Blue Prowler cover from an Ultron token.

The Blue cover came with a bonus Blade, taking him to 280 and giving me another LT (which got banked, so no good news there, not yet at least.)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a blue JJ from classic today for a 4/2/2, technically feedable now. Then after beating the crash I FINALLY got a Cable. I’m 100hp short now of being able to roster the Prowler I got from Shield Training. My alliance isn’t really showing up for Ultron though, so I’ll have to probably finish him the hard way
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Max-champed my first 4*, Medusa.