Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,324 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    granne said:
    I just pulled my 13th cover for 5* Thor.

Now if only Gambit weren't stuck at 10 covers.
    Same boat here with ‘bit ....actually got my 14th thor last night. It’s the first 5* that I completed and have pulled another cover for while in Latest - that I wanted. Doc Ock does not count.
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Opened a Taco Token after doing my dailies today and got that sweet, sweet 1000 HP. Two new roster slots coming right up!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i wasn't paying attention to DP vs MPQ, and did my final round of clears on day 1 of 2 in the first sub. It turns out that was still good enough for a t50, so I was able to get that 200hp and roster the Ghost Rider green that I scored coming out of Galactus (I just needed 60hp). I really like his art, and Hell Ride is kind of fun how the repeaters sort of burn their way to the bottom of the board every turn. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Started the day with two 4*'s at 12 covers with one apiece dying on the vine: Yondu expiring tomorrow and Cloak & Dagger expiring in 10 days.  HfH offered me a black C&D bringing them to 4/4/5.  I was a bit disappointed it wasn't Yondu instead, but champed them anyway and applied the cover.  The LT gave me a yellow Yondu, making him 4/4/5 and letting me champ them both.

Not too shabby RNG... :)

(...and I'm increasingly convinced that the secret HfH algorithm takes the fact that pulls are predetermined into account when it decides whether or not to make the offer to you)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Got a black Silver Surfer from today's Shield Resupply (0/0/2), pretty good for a participation trophy lol. Ideally there will be some performance-based "best moment" at some point...still haven't given up on that Carnage (0/4/0) crash!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bought a Classic Legend, it gave me a Spidey blue AND a BH Thor yellow bringing them to 3/4/4 and 0/3/3 Sweet! Does not happen all the time
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having a LVL 375 Sentry cast Sacrifice...with my 4-star Luke Cage right in front to eliminate the monster strike tile.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I actually got another blue bagman today myself (2 on the vine), bringing him to 3/15/2...i guess I've been getting all the ones you've been losing out on lol
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finally got the blue Bagman drop I needed to champ my previously 5/2/5 Bagman. I was irrationally happy at this given he is useless.
    I rostered and have been covering him just...because :expressionless: I don't know, just in case one day they make him the required 2*. And when they do, I'll be ready :smiley:
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Opened a heroic token and got a Mystique cover, and 3* Spider Man as my bonus hero, both of which are sitting on 10 covers atm. Unfortunately the Mystique one was black, which I already have five covers for, but I still thought it was pretty good. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A week ago my Nightcrawler was 3/4/2, then thanks to the Galactus event he jumped to 4/5/3.
    Unfortunately the cover given from Dp vs MPQ was red so I made NC my only 4* Bonus Hero and cracked some Heroic tokens hoping to hit him as a bonus before getting someone who might give me problems.

On the 4th pull I saw gold... flashing. Bamf, Nightcrawler Purple! I didn't even need a bh... but I got one anyway as a red. The one color I couldn't have used, but now gets to be an extra champ level.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally got the blue Bagman drop I needed to champ my previously 5/2/5 Bagman. I was irrationally happy at this given he is useless.
    You shut your mouth!  Though nothing makes me happier than pulling a Bag-Man. If I max champ him (currently 139 with a fully covered dupe!) and champ Howard (currently 4/4/4) I will have won MPQ!!

JSP869 said:
    I rostered and have been covering him just...because :expressionless: I don't know, just in case one day they make him the required 2*. And when they do, I'll be ready :smiley:
    In exactly 2 months it will be time for the greatest PVP EVER... that’s right!! BAGS TO RiCHES!!

Will I have a maxed Bag-Man by then to crush the competition with?! Or will I earn the covers needed at the event by crushing the competition?!

Yes. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled Deadpool's "WHALES WHALES WHALES!" from a standard token. The bonus hero was a Wolverine cover to bring him to 266.

The Legendary token finally got me off the skid on Gambit covers, bringing him to 3/4/5.

I hadn't pulled a single Gambit since before his rebalance, so the desperation was real.

I'm still hoping to pull one more before Robbie kicks him out of Latest, but at least I should be able to finish and champion him reasonably soon either way.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Until this morning, I had 26 Latest tokens, and 800+ CP saved up, and I'd calculated that at the rate I was accruing CP, now that I'm doing full clears on SCL9, that by the end of the year I'd be able do a 300+ pull. I had Daredevil as my 5* BH with the intent being to make him (4/3/1) my first 5* champion. I know everyone loves Gambit (unless you're fighting him) but I had more covers for DD than anyone else, and my Gambit was only 2/1/1.

But the allure of Gambit was too great, especially after he and Vulture helped my 2/-/- Steve Rogers 4-clear SCL9's 5* node.

This morning I set Gambit as my 5* BH, and spent all 26 Tokens and approx. 500 of the CP, stopping when I was in the low 300s (need to keep at least 250 CP for the H4H store ;).

My Gambit is now a slightly more respectable, slightly more useful 2/3/3. I also bumped him up from 255 to 300 so he's not quite so squishy, either.

I also got Kingpin (my 4* BH) to 280 so I got my 5th yellow DD cover, taking him to 5/3/1.

I was also able to use all bar 7 of the covers I pulled. I sold 4 covers immediately because those particular heroes are so sparsely covered I'll never get them fully covered in 2 weeks. I'm holding onto the Mr Fantastic (5/2/5), Carnage (5/5/1), and Blade (4/5/2). I won't be able to champ them all before their covers die, but I might be able to champ one of them. After bumping Gambit up to 300, I don't have enough Iso left to champ all 3 now anyway ;)

I know folks will say it was a mistake to bump him to 300, that it will make PvP a lot harder for me, but DD is already at 375, I have 32 4* Champs, and quite a few of them are 280+, being a boosted 370-375. I'm already running into *(& skipping) 5* opponents in PvP. I also only do PvP to 575 for the 10 CP, so having Gambit at 300 is not going to affect me much anyway.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JSP869 said:

I know folks will say it was a mistake to bump him to 300, that it will make PvP a lot harder for me, but DD is already at 375, I have 32 4* Champs, and quite a few of them are 280+, being a boosted 370-375. I'm already running into *(& skipping) 5* opponents in PvP. I also only do PvP to 575 for the 10 CP, so having Gambit at 300 is not going to affect me much anyway.
    You'll be fine! With that many 4* champs and a 375 DD you should be able to run basically all the PVP events no hassles.

That said, with only one colour overlapping between DD and Gambit (purple), if the featured PVP character has a blue power you could bump Gambit up to 375 as well and just run your PVPs as Gambit/DD/featured